Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:07 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,059,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I guess not, they killed him.
How do you kill someone who never existed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 09:27 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,907,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Yep,and that includes their oil too.
Just who's holding us back, from drilling in the U.S.A.?? Do you ride a horse??

Old 02-03-2012, 09:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,907,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Sounds like the talk of a bible thumping LWNJ.....
Your right, I don't think Jesus would say "Hey, you lazy people just sit there and let the rest of us feed and clothe you."

"By the way is there anything else we can give you, so you won't have to help yourself"

I believe, he would have been in the middle of Republican and Democrat, if politics mattered at all. Believe he came to give us "eternal life" not a "lazy life."

Old 02-03-2012, 09:58 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,015,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God." - Mark 10:25
"do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth" - Matthew 6:19
"You cannot serve both God and Money" - Matthew 6:24
"woe to you who are rich." - Luke 6:24

Yeah, Jesus kind of would.

Don't push that BS Obama is a secret Muslim, that's just tin foil hilarity now.
But none of the above mention "at the end of a Roman spear."

Luke 6:24..."But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort."

Matthew 6:19...."Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Matthew 6:24...“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

Mark 10:25.... "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Every quote that you stated refers to the afterlife. Now the left want a theocracy, huh?

Old 02-03-2012, 10:27 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,944,303 times
Deut. 15:7. If there is a poor man among you, one of your brothers, in any of the towns of the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart, nor close your hand to your poor brother; but you shall freely open your hand to him, and generously lend him sufficient for his need in whatever he lacks.

Lev. 19:19ff. Now when you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap to the very corners of your field, neither shall you gather the gleanings of your harvest. Nor shall you glean your vineyard, nor shall you gather the fallen fruit of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the needy and for the stranger. I am the LORD your God.

Is. 58:66ff. Is this not the fast which I choose, to loosen the bonds of wickedness, to undo the bands of the yoke, and to let the oppressed go free, and break every yoke? Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry, and bring the homeless poor into the house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?

Mt. 5:42. Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.

Prov. 31:8ff. [Commandment to kings.] Open your mouth for the dumb, for the rights of all the unfortunate. Open your mouth, judge righteously, and defend the rights of the afflicted and needy.

Luke 3:11. And [John the Baptist] would answer and say to them, "Let the man with two tunics share with him who has none, and let him who has food do likewise."

Deut. 26:12. When you have finished paying the complete tithe of your increase in the third year, the year of tithing, then you shall give it to the Levite, to the stranger, to the orphan and the widow, that they may eat in your towns, and be satisfied.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:36 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,562,785 times
Separation of Church and State! Theocracy!

Old 02-03-2012, 10:44 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,944,303 times
Anyone that claims to be Christian and hates the poor is a phony. Especially those single issue voters who are so worried about what a woman does with her womb or if two people of the same sex marry each other. It is okay for the right to inject religion where it doesn't belong but let the someone on the left do it and they are up in arms, talking about communism and spewing more hatred for the poor. The right does not own Christianity and there is no way that Jesus would be okay with the rich paying less taxes than the poor....Phonies.

Another thing, the bible teaches forgiveness, yet it is always the right wing "Christians" who are so hard on people and do not believe in second chances. Have fun trying to get thorugh the eye of the needle.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:50 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,431,094 times
guess obama forgeot that jesus was against taking anything from anyone forcably

Old 02-03-2012, 10:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Anyone that claims to be Christian and hates the poor is a phony. Especially those single issue voters who are so worried about what a woman does with her womb or if two people of the same sex marry each other. It is okay for the right to inject religion where it doesn't belong but let the someone on the left do it and they are up in arms, talking about communism and spewing more hatred for the poor. The right does not own Christianity and there is no way that Jesus would be okay with the rich paying less taxes than the poor....Phonies.

Another thing, the bible teaches forgiveness, yet it is always the right wing "Christians" who are so hard on people and do not believe in second chances. Have fun trying to get thorugh the eye of the needle.

That is why I am glad I'm not a wing nut of either side. There needs to be a bit of a balance. I'll try to explain the best that I can. Me personally, I consider myself to be compassionate and certainly do believe in 2nd chances as it is the right thing to do. In instances such as drug abuse, so many self proclaimed "Christians" want to lock that person up and throw away the key, or wish death on them, whereas I would rather see it treated as a social issue. Now cold blooded murder, child molesting, rape... that is another story. Here is the issue, while Jesus says open your heart to the poor, what about the ones who scam the system? Not everyone who is poor, does so, but there sure is a lot of abuse, and that isn't fair to hardworking folks either. With that said, and where balance comes in is I truly feel that God helps those who want to help themselves. Give a man a fish he will eat for a day. Teach him to fish he will eat for the rest of his life. Again, there has to be a little give and take. Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:12 AM

52,622 posts, read 47,825,177 times
Just when I thought that Darth Barry was desperate, he's gotten really, really desperate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies