Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 12:01 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
my gut reaction is that trump is just doing what he's been most successful at..... advancing the "trump" brand. he was able to get huge media attention in a short amount of time to promote "celebrity apprentice" and his current endorsement of a presidential candidate has gained more attention/importance than i can remember from any previous election years.

wether he is just playing the fool or truly is one is unknown (to me) and of little importance. what does matter is that trump has been able to parlay birtherism into free advertising and solid revenue.
Trump is a self-promoter. Everything he's done is simply to keep him in the media. He never had any intentions of runnung for office and jumped on the birther bandwagon just because it was there. He is obnoxious and has successfully managed to insert himself into the windbag buffoon category of irrelevant characters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 12:28 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,985 times
Quote:
from a tactical standpoint absolutely agreed. if the competition could release evidence that a candidate was ineligible 2 days before the election then...... the fat lady would be a singing for that political party.

but then that begs the question, why wasn't it done in 2008? the only addition since then is the claim that the LFBC is fraudulent.
The evidence wouldn't have to be accurate. It would have to be damaging and solid enough to stand up for a month. If it were all discredited in December, the election would already be over.

Most GOP supporters thought they had 2008 wrapped up. McCain didn't start losing support till he chose Palin as a running mate and that was pretty late in the game. A huge error. It's my opinion that the GOP handed the election over at that point. While political insiders knew what was up for a long time, she was kind of a shock to the general public.

Where the GOP screwed up was choosing a candidate that appealed to the religious right. Well she did. What the GOP failed to realize was that though as vocal and in-your-face as any far left zealot, their numbers are small and that she repelled everyone except the religious right. You need votes to win an election after all. Quite honestly I think the GOP could easily defeat Obama if they'd stop letting the right wing religious zealots run the party. The GOP needs to face the reality that people are more afraid of Bible thumping fascists than they are of commies.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:10 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
...... and still eerily quiet from the usual birthers. kinda creepy.

did they cocoon?

are they hoarding manure and gasoline?

are they waiting on someone to finish up in the bathroom before they begin the revolution?

.......?????

Old 02-05-2012, 01:35 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
my gut reaction is that trump is just doing what he's been most successful at..... advancing the "trump" brand. he was able to get huge media attention in a short amount of time to promote "celebrity apprentice" and his current endorsement of a presidential candidate has gained more attention/importance than i can remember from any previous election years.

wether he is just playing the fool or truly is one is unknown (to me) and of little importance. what does matter is that trump has been able to parlay birtherism into free advertising and solid revenue.
Well, he certainly does have the art of self-promotion down, doesn't he?

He's still gross - as a woman, I see absolutely nothing attractive about him, except maybe his money, and I suspect that his wealth is grossly exaggerated anyway.

Last edited by Cinebar; 02-05-2012 at 01:54 PM..

Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,756 times
Trump is a snake oil salesman that only Republicans could love!

Old 02-11-2012, 09:22 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well, he certainly does have the art of self-promotion down, doesn't he?

He's still gross - as a woman, I see absolutely nothing attractive about him, except maybe his money, and I suspect that his wealth is grossly exaggerated anyway.
Yeah his wealth is grossly exaggerated, but being the good Republican he is, when it catches up with him he just files bankruptcy. Which being a Republican, is a brilliant move, I mean its just plain brilliance that the 1%er/job creatorers would file bankruptcy and 'cut their losses'. Any smart 1%er knows you cut your losses. Now on the other hand if an out of work plumber making 40k/yr filed bankruptcy...according to the Republicans...thats just irresponsibility!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies