Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 04:47 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Please email these sponsors to pull their sponsorship of SGK or face a consumer boycott of their products.

Susan G. Komen for the Cure |Corporate Partners
Thanks for the list! I will do all I can to support the businesses on it and will pass it on in every way to others to do so also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 04:47 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
How about "if you can't raise your child yourself, you don't have sex"?
How about you learn a little something about the human race. Or better yet, tell us when THIS was ever practical advice.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:50 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,250 times
Link to sign the petition against this decision:

http://ppaction.org/listenup

Old 02-02-2012, 05:01 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Komen now getting slammed in ultra-wealthy Silicon Valley, gotta love the way the "new media" has put a spotlight on who does what in society today.

The Mercury News zeros right in on Karen Handel, the recently hired Senior Vice President for Public Policy. They are really nailing her on her past sentiments when running for governor in Georgia.

Glad to see them highlighting the hypocrisy of their stated concerns about Planned Parenthood:

Planned Parenthood has meticulously kept any federal dollars as well as Komen grants separate from these services. The Health and Human Services inspector general and state Medicaid programs routinely conduct audits of Planned Parenthood. The findings are a matter of public record.

Mercury News editorial: Komen's attack on Planned Parenthood is absolutely political - San Jose Mercury News

Old 02-02-2012, 05:03 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
No its not. Birth control fails, mistakes happen. No one should be punished for "life" for a mistake.

And again, with you anti-choicers, its all about the woman. Its never the man's fault.

If you're so concerned about other people's lives, then volunteer at a homeless shelter, where there are LIVE, BREATHING people who need help.
If you read my post, I addressed men!! If your living at a homeless shelter, sex shouldn't be your first concern. There's welfare and adoption.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:05 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
I will now add the Susan G. Koman Foundation to my list of charities.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:08 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
I purchased a beautiful diamond SBK watch from Bloomingdale earlier last month. Got the watch, the box and reciept. The bad boy is going back.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:10 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
At our church we host survivor parties for women who have battled, and won, the fight against breast cancer. Donations are collected and the money has gone to Komen. Effective immediately we will still hold the party BUT no longer use pink and funds collected will go to PP instead.

I have let the folks at Komen know and I will follow up with the race for the cure sponsors as well.
Churches are changing their position on abortion? The only reason Komen says they are stopping, is the money has been directed to abortions. I've got no problem, with PP if they're not in the business of giving abortions to women, under the age of 18. This happens a lot without a parent knowing. If the parent is involved, which, seldom they are, then it's between the parent and child.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:13 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Churches are changing their position on abortion? The only reason Komen says they are stopping, is the money has been directed to abortions. I've got no problem, with PP if they're not in the business of giving abortions to women, under the age of 18. This happens a lot without a parent knowing. If the parent is involved, which, seldom they are, then it's between the parent and child.

Do you have proof that even SBK haven't presented?

Old 02-02-2012, 05:21 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe the Susan G Komen foundation doesn't want to be aligned with an organization that is mired in a current controversy? The Susan G Komen foundation has stayed away from controversies up until now and perhaps thought it was better for them to simply steer clear of Planned Parenthood right now given the investigations, etc. I can't believe that people would actually fight against this worthy cause and worthy charity just because of this decision. So, for those people that will no longer support SGK and actively fight against it, are you just a fair weather charity contributor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies