Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 01:29 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,260,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
You are forcing your belief on the life that is being sucked to shreds during an abortion.
What life? Sucked to shreds? please take your pro-life rhetoric to your fellow women haters.

Quote:
Slavery was 100% legal at one time as well.
And made illegal because it forced other people to do things AGAINST their will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 01:30 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Quote:
You are forcing your belief on the life that is being sucked to shreds during an abortion.
Simple as that.

Slavery was 100% legal at one time as well.
It's not a "life". It's a fetus. And I, and only I, am fully aware of the risks to myself that carrying the pregnancy to term entails. I am a life. I represent a major investment by society. I have an education and I have a job. I contribute to society. So yes, I get to make decisions about MY body, and I get to tell you that it's NONE of your business. Because you don't know why I decide to end a pregnancy. And you aren't qualified to determine if my reasons are "good enough".

And the old slavery argument has zero validity as a comparison. The people enslaved WERE people, that's not a matter of belief. They ate and breathed and sang and danced. A fetus does none of that.

And that was, indeed, quite simple to dispose of your arguments.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:41 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Goes two ways, you expect taxpayers to pay for this. Payment plans are still an option,when someone has to pay things for their selves, it's a new priority.

You seem to have a soap box you stand on, while asking everyone else to stand aside.
Go through this thread - and any others - and find one post - ONE - where I have mentioned anything about taxpayers paying for abortions.

You seem to know how to sing only one song...

Old 02-03-2012, 01:45 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,025,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
What life?
Please take your pro-abortion stance somewhere else as well.

Quote:
It's not a "life". It's a fetus. And I, and only I, am fully aware of the risks to myself that carrying the pregnancy to term entails. I am a life. I represent a major investment by society. I have an education and I have a job. I contribute to society. So yes, I get to make decisions about MY body, and I get to tell you that it's NONE of your business. Because you don't know why I decide to end a pregnancy. And you aren't qualified to determine if my reasons are "good enough".

Opinion, opinion, opinion.
What you and others like you are doing is the old "If I say it enough, it must be true" to keep yourselves from feeling guilty about stopping a beating heart.

But that's your problem, and it's not on my conscience if I've done all I can.
The barbaric nature on this forum is disturbing.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:47 PM

45,400 posts, read 26,992,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Defense? Lol
It isn't or do you know something I don't?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:53 PM

45,400 posts, read 26,992,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't know what this has to do with Cancer screenings. But on your statement, a woman's right to choose abortion, is Settled Law in this Country. If you think that is wrong, work to reverse Roe v Wade.
It's not legislation voted on in Congress by elected officials - so it's not technically in the books. It's a courts interpretation of the rules - but whatever, it's just a technicality, right?

It definitely is not directly addressed in the Constitution. Life is mentioned in the First Amendment - but if we can't see it, then there's no life according to liberals.

I guess it just who depends who wears the robes in DC.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:56 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,007,369 times
Quote:
Please take your pro-abortion stance somewhere else as well.

Opinion, opinion, opinion.
What you and others like you are doing is the old "If I say it enough, it must be true" to keep yourselves from feeling guilty about stopping a beating heart.

But that's your problem, and it's not on my conscience if I've done all I can.
The barbaric nature on this forum is disturbing.

I find the barbaric nature on this forum disturbing as well, but for completely different reasons. It's odd that the same people who are against sex education and greater access to contraception are the same people who decry abortions; you don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that the lack of knowledge leads to unwanted pregnancies.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,881,088 times
Quote:
It's not a "life". It's a fetus.
If left alone, what would emerge from the birth canal?

From what I've read, they haven't exactly reversed the decision.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...S9mQ_blog.html

Quote:
I just got off the phone with a Komen board member, and he confirmed that the announcement does not mean that Planned Parenthood is guaranteed future grants — a demand he said would be “unfair” to impose on Komen.

As some were quick to point out, the statement put out by Komen doesn’t really clarify whether Planned Parenthood will actually continue to get money from the group.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:04 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,757,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
planned parent hood is a crooked enterprise, and should be completely investigated for FRAUD which has been known and shown many times
Easy enough to take pot shots when you've made zero effort to solve a damned thing and whine at anyone who rolls up their sleeves. When it's a womans issue, beat it down as a 'competitor' in yet another zero sum game you play out in your mind.

Diabetes treatments are a fraud. We should ban all diabetic treatments forever. I don't have diabetes, therefore, it's fake. The social darwin plan and lies lies lies rule tabloid minds. I only have to lie about diabetes. It's easy. Here's a twinkie to cure your family member's psychosomatic delusions.

It's hard for me to imagine you have a mother, a sister, a viable marriage, or a potential daughter, with so much contempt & ignorance aimed at the other half of the entire species regularly spewing from your mouth. I see no evidence you love anything at all but yourself.

One thing is clear to me. Abusing 'rights' with predator theology needs severe consequence imposed upon it once and for good.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:19 PM

46,891 posts, read 25,866,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It definitely is not directly addressed in the Constitution. Life is mentioned in the First Amendment - but if we can't see it, then there's no life according to liberals.
I sure can't see it - care to point it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The First Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies