Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 02:16 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
sorry if I don't think that the "research" done by an anti-abortion, Christian health site has any weight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
sorry if I don't think that the "research" done by an anti-abortion, Christian health site has any weight
From the About us:
Quote:
Formerly the Pro-Life Infonet, LifeNews.com has been harnessing the power of the Internet since 1992 to bring pro-life news to the pro-life community. We’ve developed a reputation for fairness, accuracy and timeliness in our nearly two decades of service.

Please provide a report from real credible site. not pro-life propaganda sites.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:28 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I actually went through at least 10 doctors (and I was willing to pay cash) because none of them wanted the hassle.

What hassle? Giving cash? I think money talks. Now you may say it's because they can't bill for their usual exorbitant cost per procedure, but I just don't believe they denied you when you were willing to pay. Sorry.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:43 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,142,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Is that what Planned Parenthood is about?
Yes, Planned Parenthood was founded by Margaret Sanger a racist who believed in eugenics to "improve human hereditary traits through social intervention by reducing reproduction by those considered unfit". She also once wrote a letter to Clarence Gamble stating "we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." A little fact liberals like to skip over. How anybody can support a organization like that is beyond me.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:53 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And they call conservatives heartless haters. You'll deny support to a cause they is fighting cancer and helping women, just because they stopped funding a group that provides abortions?
Yep.

Would you support PP for all of the good that they do fighting cancer even though they also happen to perform abortions?

Didn't think so.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
A little fact liberals like to skip over. How anybody can support a organization like that is beyond me.

oh please. her history is well known. Liberal don't skip over it, they aknowledge it.

If you hold such a grudge, then you wouldn't be using some of the more famous products that supported some type of against the norm thinking way back when.

Margaret Sanger's beliefs was first and foremost : womans health.

Although started by her, TODAY (and that's ALL THAT FRACKING MATTERS), her beliefs beyond womans health weight little on the organization.

only right-wing-conservate-religious-women-hating zealots think that someone's beliefs of over 100 years ago is still held today.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:00 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yes, Planned Parenthood was founded by Margaret Sanger a racist who believed in eugenics to "improve human hereditary traits through social intervention by reducing reproduction by those considered unfit". She also once wrote a letter to Clarence Gamble stating "we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." A little fact liberals like to skip over. How anybody can support a organization like that is beyond me.
And does this appear on their mission statement today?

You do know that Alexander Graham Bell was also a eugenicist.
Bet it doesn't stop you from using a telephone.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
What hassle? Giving cash? I think money talks. Now you may say it's because they can't bill for their usual exorbitant cost per procedure, but I just don't believe they denied you when you were willing to pay. Sorry.
Because many doctors don't have the time or energy to deal with someone who has a few pre existing conditions (including a very rare lysosomal storage disorder) that would require research and time on their part to treat. I've actually made appointments with doctors, released my charts and had them call me and tell me they wouldn't be able to take me. More than once.

I HAVE insurance now and still got turned down three times before I found my current physician.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:37 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Yes, because cancer screenings, breast exams, and pap smears (the main services that PP provides besides abortion, which very few use the service in comparison with the other services provided) has everything to do with "the poor needing to keep their legs crossed" I'm pretty sure you're against sex education in schools and birth control that is provided to keep people from getting pregnant too. Some conservatives sure are obsessed with what other people do in their bedrooms

There are other organizations and charities that specialize in cancer research and prevention, the ACS being one of them. Nice strawman though.

I could care less what anyone does in their bedrooms. I do however care what they do with my tax dollars.

Free flowing birth control, no consequences for poor choices, and lack of shame in bringing a child into this world without 2 loving, committed parents that can care for them is a big part of the problem.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:39 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yep.

Would you support PP for all of the good that they do fighting cancer even though they also happen to perform abortions?

Didn't think so.
Nope. Because I think PP doesn't do good. They make it too easy and "feel good" for women to make poor choices. It's called enabling, and I do not support that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies