Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 10:02 AM

18,324 posts, read 18,927,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
No, it's about responsibility. Actions have consequences. If someone has sex without a condom they might get pregnant...
sometimes abortion IS the responsible thing to do. besides we are qual in the US, men can have sex and not worry about the consequences so can women. not your business, women could care less what you think of how they live their lives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 10:04 AM

653 posts, read 941,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Exactly, but then they claim it doesn't work. They fail to recognize how many women use BC, just fine and don't get pregnant.

Most women I know that have gotten pregnant, forgot to take their pill or whatever they're using.
I don't even have the energy to correct you here. Can someone else do it?

Ah, what the heck. I'll throw you a bone and educate you for free (you're welcome ).

#1, They CAN claim birth control didn't work. Do your research on the effective rate of birth control (as it's not 100%), as to assume a woman forgot her pill is simply presumptuous.
#2, You clearly did not read my post where I shared my own experience with my mother's birth control not working due to a PHYSICIAN'S error, not her simply forgetting to take her medicine.
#3, Please educate yourself.

Thank you.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:05 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,882,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclamb3 View Post
Or about pregnancies due to rape? (We need to be doing what we can to end this crime.)
Do you have statics of the amount of women who get pregnant, due to rape?? Crime are you speaking of the rapist or the fetus. Sad to think ,a baby as a fetus, would be considered a crime................

Old 02-04-2012, 10:08 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,317,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
sometimes abortion IS the responsible thing to do. besides we are qual in the US, men can have sex and not worry about the consequences so can women. not your business, women could care less what you think of how they live their lives
Absolutely!

Old 02-04-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Do we know whether the building was purchased or gifted? I thought it was gifted, which makes a huge difference and your point irrelevant.

Also, where is PP suppose to work? From cardboard boxes? lol
Give me proof it was gifted?? There's plenty of empty buildings around that are unoccupied. WOW, what a concept, purchase an old building.

Your point seems to be irrelevant, and makes on sense.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Exactly, but then they claim it doesn't work. They fail to recognize how many women use BC, just fine and don't get pregnant.

Most women I know that have gotten pregnant, forgot to take their pill or whatever they're using.
Quote:
Do you have statics of the amount of women who get pregnant, due to rape?? Crime are you speaking of the rapist or the fetus. Sad to think ,a baby as a fetus, would be considered a crime................
not your business/judgment how a woman gets pregnant. it is irrelevant. she has a right to control her reproductive organs as she sees fit. how hard is that to understand? you do not get to put your values on other people.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I don't even have the energy to correct you here. Can someone else do it?

Ah, what the heck. I'll throw you a bone and educate you for free (you're welcome ).

#1, They CAN claim birth control didn't work. Do your research on the effective rate of birth control (as it's not 100%), as to assume a woman forgot her pill is simply presumptuous.
#2, You clearly did not read my post where I shared my own experience with my mother's birth control not working due to a PHYSICIAN'S error, not her simply forgetting to take her medicine.
#3, Please educate yourself.

Thank you.
Well you wouldn't be here if your mom choose to abort you. I know all to well about moms getting pregnant, my sister and I were both not excepted. The doctors told my mom she wouldn't be able to get pregnant after he first 3. Oops, she had my sister and I, something that wasn't in her or my dad's budget, they worked it out.

Hope your good at catching bones, educate yourself, as to how you got into the world.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not your business/judgment how a woman gets pregnant. it is irrelevant. she has a right to control her reproductive organs as she sees fit. how hard is that to understand? you do not get to put your values on other people.
I never said abortion wasn't a womens right!! What you people don't get, it's not grown women having abortions, not the majority, it's girls under 18. You people type, what you don't get!!!

Old 02-04-2012, 10:16 AM

653 posts, read 941,805 times
Quote:
I do, but it doesn't matter how many pregnancies are due to rape. Even if it was only one pregnancy per year due to rape, are you saying that YOU can make the decision for HER as to whether SHE should keep the child? Oh so arrogant of you.

(I was raped and luckily it didn't result in a child. Would I have aborted if it did result in a child, whether abortion was legal or not - YOU BET! And you, I'm happy to say, have no control over that. You wouldn't even have known. So why are you so worried about what others do, any way?).

Not to divert the topic, but just to make a relevant point, I'm going to go way out on a limb, and make an assumption that you are a carnivore. And I bet that you have no problem sleeping at night having murdered an animal to eat for your own benefit, though. Same difference to me. Both cases, a life is lost for the woman's benefit. Case closed. I'm off to drink a veggie shake.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Well you wouldn't be here if your mom choose to abort you. I know all to well about moms getting pregnant, my sister and I were both not excepted. The doctors told my mom she wouldn't be able to get pregnant after he first 3. Oops, she had my sister and I, something that wasn't in her or my dad's budget, they worked it out.

Hope your good at catching bones, educate yourself, as to how you got into the world.
again this is your parents business, it was their choice to continue to have children even if they were not planned. in some cases like your parents before Rove V Wade some women were desperate enough to not take the pregnancy to term they sought out back alley or self inflicted abortions. no woman should have to do that, ever. far too many died. we have the right to control our own bodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies