Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 07:05 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I don't have a lot of money, since I am a student but what I don't have in money I try to make up in time/skills.

I can tell you what I did last year though

I have spend hundreds of hours and drafted scores of documents over the past year assisting low income seniors prepare health care documents, wills, and other documents that allow them to have their wishes expressed in official documentation regarding medical decisions, and who they want to help them with their affairs if they get sick or injured. I volunteer at the local shelter preparing warm and healthy meals for the poor and have assisted domestic violence victims in obtaining protective orders.

Though I imagine that probably doesn't count and or is not good enough for you.
That is more valuable than donating money.

Well done. and thank you for contributing to society for the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No thanks, think I will repy to your BS instead.

As I said, how much I give is none of your freaking business. Besides any number anyone says will not mater, you farsiders will simply say it is a lie since the only way to prove it would be to post personal information. SO, In otherwords you are TROLLING.

Put your money where your mouth is, Post your dollar amounts with reciepts and other supporting documentation so we can see how you are a good man doing your bit by practicing what you whine about about.

We already know what righties like you think of the poor, "get a job and take care of yourself and if you cannot, just die and go away already", after all it is always been survival of the only the fit with you guys and to h*ll with the rest. All the while telling everyone that will listen that you are good men and good Christians.

Get this through your head, the US Government is going to continue to help those that need it, and they are going to use Tax Dollrs to do it, including Yours, whether You like it or not. Do you know why, it is because relying on charity did not get the job done, and we are talking about our fellow Americans, or don't you know anything about US history either.
In other words, you gave zero.

and, government is your God.

Noted.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
The righties don't have an opinion on how to spend tax dollars, or is it that they don't voice it??
I certainly do.....read the Constitution.

Here's where it is Article 1 Section 8.

Any spending outside of these powers is illegal.

Yes, I know....EVERY recent president has spent OUR tax dollars illegally.

Join the tea Party, you may just learn something.

By the way, I had a discussion today with three other guys....all lefties, 1 retired teacher, 1 current teacher and another retired gentleman.

We were talking about politics and the Constitution came up. I stated that without the 2nd Amendment, the others didn't matter.

The young, current teacher asked what the 2nd was.

No wonder we're in trouble as a nation.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I don't have a problem with those that deserve help getting help. I think a lot of conservative people feel this way. That problem is that most of the handouts are going to people that are only taking advantage don't really need them.

As far as the government taking care of people, what you say isn't exactly true. What is true is that there will always be handouts given out. If you ever find yourself with a relative or someone you care about who is handicapped and can't care for themselves as I have, you will find out that the government comes up short in what they provide and these people are doing without things they need medically and financially often enough. When they have to share the same pile of money with the able bodied that choose food stamps and unemployment over providing for themselves that is what happens.
The lefties give the poor, blacks, and other minorities just enough to keep them on the plantation.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So, basically, this thread turned into exactly what I expected. I just wanted to see it in written word so that I can turn it around and throw it right back into the faces of those Liberals who will be the first to rally against those they deem to not have "paid their fair share."
Well then it would be foolish for us to continuing debating. Belligerent attitudes shouldn't be rewarded with more attention. Thanks for clarifying.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Really, who controls the purse strings in Congress, get back to me when you figure it out. Yes, simple question, and it is easy to say whatever answer anyone gives is untrue unless someone is willing to post personal information, not gonna happen. Yes, I do, I give time and money (after taxes) to several charities and to my church part of which also goes to helping those in need and I pay my taxes like the rest. Not going to give more information than that, I did once before and regreted it, I will never make that mistake again. Had my say on the subject, I will leave it at this, anyone that really cares will try and help out, they can do it either through money or through giving your time or both. If you do not want to help, then don't, it all comes down to what is in your heart and you making your own choices, it is your life to live as you see fit and not for others to judge.
Noted.

casper....zero.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:27 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Yea....$500 will kill 2 babies!

Nicely done!
Takes a true wingnut to boil that list of giving and come up with that lame post...

Old 02-03-2012, 07:37 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
A lot.
My favorite is donating to Planned Parenthood in the name of CD posters who blatantly lie about PP.

How about you, Mr. OP?

Old 02-03-2012, 07:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Code for "I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't donate anything".

The forum is about you lefties.....all evidence points to the fact that we conservatives are much more generous that lefties.

2007....0b0mba had an income of $1.2 million....charitable giving....1%.

biden, another leftie who touts the religion of giving.....$342 one year on an income of $300,000.

They are considered great humanitarians.

mitt donates 15% ($3 MILLION) last year and is called a rotten cheapskate by the left.
I am highly offended that b/c I don't want to tell an anonymous internet board how much I give to charity that you want to imply I'm not giving anything. Some of us really do like to keep these things private. I'm sorry you don't. It's not very Christian of you, if you read what Christ said about it.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:54 PM

37,127 posts, read 42,193,480 times
At least $360 a year in cash + goods. How do I know this? $10 a month autopay to 3 charities and donated items from my home at least 4 times a year.

Not that it matters if you can't squeal "that means ZERO ...hy-yuk!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies