Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 04:20 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,474,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I agree it is encouraging news that employment numbers are a lot better, I will eat my crow I was expecting a drop off. I have known you awhile and we have both read the book ' The Creature from Jekyll Island". You might recall that the stock market had a significant drop then it rallied for a couple of years and then there was the crash in 1929. Could history be repeating itself?
History always repeats itself. If you read the book, you must have seen the parallels with all crashes and bailouts of the past and 2007-2008 meltdown. I re-read that book in 2008, knowing the book was written well before 2008, and everything was happening exactly as it was written in the book and the same way it has always happened. It was almost like a script. Of course this time it was bigger, but it was still the same. But you have to remember that you can always make money on the ups and the downs. I believe that right now it a great opportunity to make money on real estate.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I find the news great.

My point was this.....how does this help the poor that you lefties are so fond of?

How much of your investment income did you pay over 15% on?
You'll have to ask those people who talk about those issues. I have never complained about 15% tax.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
You can pick up parcels of land in Cape Coral, Lehigh Acres, Punta Gorda incredibly cheap today.

Lots that sold for $40,000 5 years ago can now be bought for next to nothing.
Exactly.

PS (FYI) Florida foreclosure auctions are now on-line. No need to show up in person anymore.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:30 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,850,725 times
There have been boom bust cycles recurring every 30 years or so before the Great Depression.

The trick is knowing when to buy and selling before the bust. Plenty of people cashed out in 2008, and are sitting pretty today.

Betting on the Blind Side | Business | Vanity Fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
History always repeats itself. If you read the book, you must have seen the parallels with all crashes and bailouts of the past and 2007-2008 meltdown. I re-read that book in 2008, knowing the book was written well before 2008, and everything was happening exactly as it was written in the book and the same way it has always happened. It was almost like a script. Of course this time it was bigger, but it was still the same. But you have to remember that you can always make money on the ups and the downs. I believe that right now it a great opportunity to make money on real estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies