Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 08:26 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Panetta Predicts an Israeli Strike on Iran - By Daniel Pipes - The Corner - National Review Online

Read what Panetta said. He said, in more words, that if Israel attacks Iran, that Iran will likely attack us, and then we will be forced to attack them.

6 one way or half a dozen the other. You decide.

President Obama has increased military spending every year in office. Almost all military spending increases, world wide, since 2001, have been by the United States alone. All military spending increases in 2010 and 2011 were solely by the United States.

Look...

If we're attacked by Iran, then by all means we need to respond. Most likely that would be a brief naval confrontation in the Persian Gulf which would end quickly and badly for the Iranians. That would be an incident, not a war.

What we don't need is three chickenhawk Republicans beating the war drums, eager for another needless, costly, and ill-conceived war. These creeps are not helping things by amping up the rhetoric and feeding the war fever of their right wing audiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 08:27 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
It really and truly is very alarming that people in this nation as so ignorant that they would actually want four more years of the GOP, the party that completely wrecked America under the failed presidency of George Dumbya Boosh, the Village Idiot manchild from Texas.

No wonder he's in hiding.
You write things like this and you want people to tale YOU serious.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:37 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
I think the problem is that people believe what they are told. I think people just really don't realize that leftist politicians are perfectly willing to get up on a national stage and just flat out lie to America, and that the media will support those lies. So they swallow the lies.

I mean just look at how many people in this very thread accept Obama's provably fake job numbers at face value. And these are people who are active and interested enough in politics to participate in political discussions. So just imagine how sheep-like the average person is.
Obama and Democrats don't provide job numbers. They're prepared by career civil servants at the BLS. The method for calculating employment numbers have been the same for a long time. I didn't hear Republicans complaining that the way the BLS calculates unemployment made GWB's employment p% too low.

What I see is Republicans falling all over themselves trying to tell us that good economic numbers aren't real, which makes them sound like sore-losers hoping for bad economic news.

More:
Quote:
Recent facts have not been kind to the political right. A better-than-expected jobs report; a renewed focus on inequality, driven both by CBO research and by the gift of Mitt Romney’s candidacy. What to do?

The answer is to throw a bunch of bogus numbers at the issues, in the hope that something sticks, or at least that the discussion becomes confused.

First, about that jobs report: all the usual suspects have jumped on the routine BLS population adjustment to claim that the numbers were cooked. The real story here is that the BLS estimates unemployment based on a monthly survey; this tells us what fraction of workers are unemployed. To turn that into a number of unemployed, the BLS estimates total working-age population; but it updates those estimates only once a year. So there’s usually a step up or down in the totals each January, signifying nothing.

Back in the Bush years there were a lot of bogus claims of huge job growth reflecting a step up in the population numbers. Now we have Rush Limbaugh, Fox, etc., claiming that a step down somehow implies fake calculations. Still not true. And the thing that makes this so tiring is that they keep trotting out the same old bogosity, no matter how many times it has been refuted.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:48 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Look...

If we're attacked by Iran, then by all means we need to respond. Most likely that would be a brief naval confrontation in the Persian Gulf which would end quickly and badly for the Iranians. That would be an incident, not a war.

What we don't need is three chickenhawk Republicans beating the war drums, eager for another needless, costly, and ill-conceived war. These creeps are not helping things by amping up the rhetoric and feeding the war fever of their right wing audiences.
But if that attack comes from them being attacked first by Amer.... I mean Israel, then who is the aggressor?

Old 02-05-2012, 09:53 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Thumbs down Mitch McConnell; Obama's Record Is 'Indefensible'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
West Kentucky Star - Featured News (http://www.westkentuckystar.com/Featured-News/McConnell-Says-Obama-s-Record-Is--Indefensible- - broken link)

You sure he's not talking about his own record?

It's true...

McConnel's record is a little less than shiny.

As a military veteran myself, I have deep resentment towrds pasty loudmouth sons of privelege like McConnell. Guys who used their insider connections to avoid military service in their own time, but lick their chops at the prospect of sending our sons and daughters off to war.

Mitch McConnell, you're a disgrace.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:03 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
It's true...

As a military veteran myself, I have deep resentment towrds pasty loudmouth sons of privelege like McConnell. Guys who used their insider connections to avoid military service in their own time, but lick their chops at the prospect of sending our sons and daughters off to war.

+1 Skoro

I NEVER get tired of posting this link to show who the chickenhawks really are.

Who served?

Old 02-05-2012, 10:48 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Not only is Mcconnell a shameless chickenhawk, he should be shunned for looking too much like a turtle.

Slow and steady? No, just slow.

He should also take the marshmallows out of his mouth before he speaks in public.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:56 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
^^^

It really and truly is very alarming that people in this nation as so ignorant that they would actually want four more years of Barack Obama.

It really is. He has ruined us in three years. What will we be like if he is elected for another four. I shudder to think.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:40 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
It's true...

If Mitch is a disgrace, as you say but he is clearly RIGHT about Obama...hmm....obama's really, REALLY bad. Yes, he is and I knew this several years before I heard about Mitch saying this.

Which Obama is indefensible? Does he even know himself? (I say, he's being teleprompted by a Master-Psychopolitician. Here's proof....him out of one side of his mouth, but then the other, Issue after issue.

Obama, Which One Did You Vote For? - YouTube

and, his forty seconds that make one wonder why he's even running again...

Why Obama Will Not Be Reelected in 40 Seconds - YouTube

Old 02-05-2012, 06:23 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
McConnell dissing Obama's record.

Pot meet kettle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies