Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 05:16 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times

Advertisements

Read more: New Jersey Assistant Principal Resigns Amid Charges He Videotaped Boys | Fox News

What do we do? How do we protect our kids? Way too much of this going on.
Psychological tests for those working with children? How about harsher penalties and public service announcements frequently played warning of the harsh consequences? Public shaming? IDK. But, I wish there were more we could do to prevent all this abuse of our kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 05:58 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Every time you go to the voting booth, you had better vote with conservative principles, since liberal philosophies tend to not only indulge deviants, but also promote lax sentencing from liberal judges.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
This is becoming a daily occurrence reading about these teachers and what they are doing in the schools.

What is turning them all into sex fiends ? The hiring process for a teacher is pretty strict so these folks don't have records coming into the school. Yet something happens .....

Old 02-04-2012, 06:01 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Every time you go to the voting booth, you had better vote with conservative principles, since liberal philosophies tend to not only indulge deviants, but also promote lax sentencing from liberal judges.
From the article:

Quote:
Somerset County prosecutors say Lott videotaped students in a communal shower area at Immaculata High School in Somerville, starting in January 2008. He had been a longtime volunteer and coach at the school and also was active in local and county politics, serving for a time as chairman of the Somerville Republican Committee.
He volunteered at the high school, but was assistant principal at the middle school. And he was that most dreadful of liberals, a Republican.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:08 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,258,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
From the article:

He volunteered at the high school, but was assistant principal at the middle school. And he was that most dreadful of liberals, a Republican.
I know. Leave it to a conservative to turn something like this into something political.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:11 PM

Are you people determining how bad this is based on the perpetrator's political party ?
If so then you are beyond sick.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:17 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Are you people determining how bad this is based on the perpetrator's political party ?
Take it up with irishvanguard. The other posts merely serve to refute.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:18 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Nope. If you'll read my comment and the one I was responding to, you'll see that I was noting his/her failure to read the article.

Secondly, this person is not a teacher, he's an administrator. I don't know if they screen administrators as rigorously as they do teachers. They should screen the volunteers (of which he was also one) as well.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:25 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,283 times
Quote:
This is becoming a daily occurrence reading about these teachers and what they are doing in the schools.

What is turning them all into sex fiends ? The hiring process for a teacher is pretty strict so these folks don't have records coming into the school. Yet something happens .....
You think something happens to them after they are hired?

Nah. I think they seek positions of trust with easy access to children.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Nope. If you'll read my comment and the one I was responding to, you'll see that I was noting his/her failure to read the article.

Secondly, this person is not a teacher, he's an administrator. I don't know if they screen administrators as rigorously as they do teachers. They should screen the volunteers (of which he was also one) as well.
I know in Texas anyone in the schools gets an FBI fingerprint check and a full background check, even volunteers. I would assume other states are just as rigorous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies