Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 10:15 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Somehow it seems that the latest jobs report from the Department of Labor may have been a "job" done on us.

The Bad News Behind the January Jobs Report | Conservative Byte

Explaining Obama’s Fake Job Numbers | Conservative Byte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 10:34 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Truly sad that our politicians are playing the numbers game with millions of Americans out of work.

This says it all from one of those URL's...

Quote:
So the Bureau of Labor Statistics looks at the loss of 2.5 million jobs, and they say, “Well, we think 1.2 million have just decided to give up looking for work so we won’t count half of them, just to make things more accurate.” And even with that major cheat, that still leaves more than a million-and-a-half lost jobs unaccounted for.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Truly sad that our politicians are playing the numbers game with millions of Americans out of work.

This says it all from one of those URL's...
This is the first time in a long time that one of my links has been read by the first poster. Thanks for getting out that part that some of the left deflectors can see without doing their jobs.

Seriously, by now usually they have thrown at least 3 or 4 deflect jobs at my thread.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:53 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Getting It Wrong on the BLS Employment Report | The Economic Populist

Old 02-05-2012, 01:21 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
The really, really bad news is that you wingnuts are actually hoping things get worse. Politics above country. How UNAMERICAN can you guy get?

Old 02-05-2012, 06:34 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
The really, really bad news is that you wingnuts are actually hoping things get worse. Politics above country. How UNAMERICAN can you guy get?
Liberals do the same thing in reverse. You play politics with improving numbers.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post

No one is hoping anything gets worse!

You as well as I demand the truth.
The truth is not being told.
It is unpatriotic, not to be honest.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:53 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Liberals do the same thing in reverse. You play politics with improving numbers.
I think the Liberals are watching it get better and the RW nuts are wishing for it to get worse. But hey, wish away!

Old 02-05-2012, 06:55 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I read an article in my local paper that Habitat For Humanity is going to foreclose on 25 homes in Ohio for the owners not paying their mortgages. Some haven't paid for 3 years. Just an insight into the economy. Considering they got these houses at cost, I think people would be foolish to lose them unless it was unavoidable. I also had to wonder how many big screen TVs were purchased for the Superbowl. My guess is not many, another insight into the economy. That could be more of a local factor, in Pa interest in the Superbowl is pretty low with the teams involved. Its a factor of debate over which team you want to root more against. Unfortunately, one team has to win, dang it.
And checking real estate prices I see they're still dropping.
New home construction locally is still nil. But a few new commercial buildings are going up.
Still see many empty storefronts in the strip malls and at the mall.
Restaurants seem kind of slow.
Used car prices are remaining constant but I still see many used cars that I saw for sale 3 and 4 months ago. I guess the dealers can hang onto inventory.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:59 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Somehow it seems that the latest jobs report from the Department of Labor may have been a "job" done on us.

The Bad News Behind the January Jobs Report | Conservative Byte

Explaining Obama’s Fake Job Numbers | Conservative Byte
This would be a lot more believable with some type of empirical data included and sourced, with a URL. Opinion is exactly that, and worth about as much as having a second navel.

The fact is, the RW cannot stand to think about the possibility of Obama having any success, even though he has already outshone his predecessor and begun to correct some of the failures he inherited from W.

President Obama will have a strong second term, and I hope he will turn the keys to the Oval Office over to President Elizabeth Warren in 2017.

All the RW opinion in the world ain't gonna change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies