Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 03:31 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,286 times

Advertisements

Its sad to see the tripe conspiracy theories that people in this country, especially many of the right wing posters on here believe in .

There are serious mental health issues affflicting many people and I believe there is urgent need for some people to be on powerful meds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 03:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Its sad to see the tripe conspiracy theories that people in this country, especially many of the right wing posters on here believe in .

There are serious mental health issues affflicting many people and I believe there is urgent need for some people to be on powerful meds.

What conspiracy theories?? This stuff is right there on the UN website. Go look up agenda 21. Go look up SDR's.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:46 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, but Alex Jones has a proven track record of making crap up....which is ignored by his fans.

OK, so let's quote another source... then maybe you will believe it.

The money to fund these services may come from a new world tax.

"We will need a modest but long-term way to finance this transformation," stated Jens Wandel, Deputy Director of the United Nations Development Program. "One idea which we could consider is a minimal financial transaction tax (of .005 percent). This will create $40 billion in revenue."

"It is absolutely essential to establish controls on capital movements and financial speculation," said Ambassador Jorge Valero, the current Chairman of the Commission on Social Development. He called for "progressive policies of taxation" that would require "those who earn more to pay more taxes."

Valero's speech to the forum focused on capitalism as the source of the world financial problems.

U.N. leaders consider world tax to fund social protection, services | Deseret News

Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Yeah, but Alex Jones has a proven track record of making crap up....which is ignored by his fans.

Of course the fact that he sells a vast array of books, silver, freeze dried meals, radiation detectors and more is entirely coincidental to his repeated "nuclear scares", FEMA camps, economic collapse and so forth.

Just seems to me that some folks around here need to take a closer look at Mr. Jones motivations and track record.

P.S. Last summer he was strongly insinuating there was an ongoing nuclear meltdown in Iowa. Then there was the DC earthquake caused by underground nuke......must have had left over radiation detectors to sell.
Alex Jones is Glenn Beck without all the crying and little snot bubbles.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:37 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Alex Jones is Glenn Beck without all the crying and little snot bubbles.
He is? Is jones THAT good? Does he also bring proof of everything he claims by showing video OF the culprits?

Does he bring old radio clips of them revealing themselves before they knew they'd become big shots in our government, too?!

Does he have monitors that he puts screen shots up of pages of their books and papers that they have authored or co-authored, too?! Just like Glenn does?!

I gotta start watching his youtubes, etc....and give him the respect he sounds like he deserves cuz NO ONE in this nation of ours is better at it, than Beck. No one is a better reporter or has a better paid team of researchers than Glenn does, and with personal integrity and patriotism, too.

Oops, keeping on subject here...get OUT of the UN? How, now? Obama is for signing four more insane UN treaties very soon. Sounds like he has a love affair with the UN, so how can we get out? Can congress get us out?

Old 02-06-2012, 07:42 PM

78,410 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
OK, so let's quote another source... then maybe you will believe it.

The money to fund these services may come from a new world tax.

"We will need a modest but long-term way to finance this transformation," stated Jens Wandel, Deputy Director of the United Nations Development Program. "One idea which we could consider is a minimal financial transaction tax (of .005 percent). This will create $40 billion in revenue."

"It is absolutely essential to establish controls on capital movements and financial speculation," said Ambassador Jorge Valero, the current Chairman of the Commission on Social Development. He called for "progressive policies of taxation" that would require "those who earn more to pay more taxes."

Valero's speech to the forum focused on capitalism as the source of the world financial problems.

U.N. leaders consider world tax to fund social protection, services | Deseret News
Roadking, I hereby impose a 10% tax on all your income and everyone else in the USA. Please remit accordingly since well....you believe anything.

Really didn't know I needed any more authority than just my say-so but some folks will believe anything I guess.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:43 PM

78,410 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What conspiracy theories?? This stuff is right there on the UN website. Go look up agenda 21. Go look up SDR's.
You owe me 10% of your income in tax too. Hurry up, I haven't got all day.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
This is NOT new. There is a global tax on airline tickets in 25+ countries already.
Yes it was done and it's not called a tax but "innovative development financing".
It's a fee on airline tickets and was solidified in 2006. The US does not participate.
It's to fight aids and get cheaper drugs to third world countries.

U.N. Approves Global Taxes to Fight AIDS
Unitaid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-06-2012, 10:10 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
You owe me 10% of your income in tax too. Hurry up, I haven't got all day.
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:32 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
He is? Is jones THAT good? Does he also bring proof of everything he claims by showing video OF the culprits?

Does he bring old radio clips of them revealing themselves before they knew they'd become big shots in our government, too?!

Does he have monitors that he puts screen shots up of pages of their books and papers that they have authored or co-authored, too?! Just like Glenn does?!

I gotta start watching his youtubes, etc....and give him the respect he sounds like he deserves cuz NO ONE in this nation of ours is better at it, than Beck. No one is a better reporter or has a better paid team of researchers than Glenn does, and with personal integrity and patriotism, too.

Oops, keeping on subject here...get OUT of the UN? How, now? Obama is for signing four more insane UN treaties very soon. Sounds like he has a love affair with the UN, so how can we get out? Can congress get us out?
I vote this post the "comedy post of the month"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies