Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 07:24 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Roadking, I hereby impose a 10% tax on all your income and everyone else in the USA. Please remit accordingly since well....you believe anything.

Really didn't know I needed any more authority than just my say-so but some folks will believe anything I guess.

It's easier than you think and can be done in ways that we will not notice such as international banking fees and carbon taxes on airlines.

Here's an example of a tax that got added recently without the public knowing about it. This hidden tax will add thousands of dollars to the cost of a home mortgage;

"Hidden" mortgage fee paying for payroll tax cut - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 07:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
It's easier than you think and can be done in ways that we will not notice such as international banking fees and carbon taxes on airlines.

Here's an example of a tax that got added recently without the public knowing about it. This hidden tax will add thousands of dollars to the cost of a home mortgage;

Some are convinced that there is no global agenda and our Constitution will protect us. Nothing will change their minds. If the word isn't "tax" then it's not a tax, understand ?

Old 02-07-2012, 07:28 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This is NOT new. There is a global tax on airline tickets in 25+ countries already.
Yes it was done and it's not called a tax but "innovative development financing".
It's a fee on airline tickets and was solidified in 2006. The US does not participate.
It's to fight aids and get cheaper drugs to third world countries.

U.N. Approves Global Taxes to Fight AIDS
Unitaid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And some idiots are in denial. They don't understand international finance and the power to add costs worldwide. The cost of goods and services in the US is quite often impacted by international politics, taxes and fees. It's just not visible.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:58 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:

Now that was an excellent post.

I still find the initial article HIGHLY speculative, I will have to reserve judgment until I get something more solid. This is probably one of the reasons I despise people like Rense, Jones etc. is that they throw so much crap up that even if they do come up with something reasonable I cannot possibly give them the benefit of the doubt or waste much time on thier imagination. That's why I prefer more legit sources like the one you just provided.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
And some idiots are in denial. They don't understand international finance and the power to add costs worldwide. The cost of goods and services in the US is quite often impacted by international politics, taxes and fees. It's just not visible.
And a lot of people didn't realize how important the Copenhagen meetings were and what could have happened if China didn't round up the other Asian nations and back out.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Now that was an excellent post.

I still find the initial article HIGHLY speculative, I will have to reserve judgment until I get something more solid. This is probably one of the reasons I despise people like Rense, Jones etc. is that they throw so much crap up that even if they do come up with something reasonable I cannot possibly give them the benefit of the doubt or waste much time on thier imagination. That's why I prefer more legit sources like the one you just provided.
That's why I found material on the UN site. The wording in the UN documents are very subtle. No mention whatsoever of "tax" or "mandate".
It's "innovative development funds" and "voluntary" but it's not the industry that gets to choose, it's the government that gets to choose for them.

UNITAID is a good place to go do reading as it's already in place since 2006. That is part of this Innovative Development coming from the UN.
While the US does not participate, the Gates Foundation does.

Unitaid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-07-2012, 08:09 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
All you have to do is look at the mess the europeans made out of their global warming plans of utopia. Hell Spain threw their whole thing out the window. I just read an article today that Germany has higher air pollution today after they set up all these "green zones" that certain cars couldn't enter because they let off too many emissions. Wind fail, solar fail, the whole green economy is a fail and was from the start. Thank the Lord like you or somebody else said that Gore didn't get his carbon exchange going or we'd be doomed about now unless your sitting on a couple thousand acres of rain forest property.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
All you have to do is look at the mess the europeans made out of their global warming plans of utopia. Hell Spain threw their whole thing out the window. I just read an article today that Germany has higher air pollution today after they set up all these "green zones" that certain cars couldn't enter because they let off too many emissions. Wind fail, solar fail, the whole green economy is a fail and was from the start. Thank the Lord like you or somebody else said that Gore didn't get his carbon exchange going or we'd be doomed about now unless your sitting on a couple thousand acres of rain forest property.
Better yet, look at Japan. They are buying carbon credits all over the world because they can not meet their mandate. They have been the biggest carbon credit buyer since 2006 because they cannot meet their cap.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:18 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
How in the world did anybody every buy into this scam in the first place??? It's quite amazing when you sit back and think about it.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:18 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How in the world did anybody every buy into this scam in the first place??? It's quite amazing when you sit back and think about it.
WE don't buy into it...our politicians do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies