Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2007, 12:17 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times

Advertisements

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- Several defendants being sued by relatives of the 100 people killed in a 2003 nightclub fire have tentatively agreed to a $13.5 million settlement.

The settlements, if approved by a judge, would be the first in what the plaintiffs hope will be several agreements with dozens of defendants in the lawsuits stemming from the Feb. 20, 2003, fire at the Station nightclub in West Warwick. The fire also injured 200 people.

"It's just the beginning," Michael St. Pierre, one of the attorneys representing nearly 300 fire survivors and victims' relatives who have sued in federal court, said Wednesday.

The fire began when pyrotechnics for the rock band Great White ignited flammable sound-absorbing foam around the stage and the club's walls. The foam quickly spread the blaze throughout the one-story roadhouse.

Tennessean.com - Nashville news from The Tennessean, MUSIC CITY U.S.A (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NIGHTCLUB_FIRE?SITE=TNNAT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DE FAULT - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 09:41 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,512,471 times
Unhappy "The Doctor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- Several defendants being sued by relatives of the 100 people killed in a 2003 nightclub fire have tentatively agreed to a $13.5 million settlement.

The settlements, if approved by a judge, would be the first in what the plaintiffs hope will be several agreements with dozens of defendants in the lawsuits stemming from the Feb. 20, 2003, fire at the Station nightclub in West Warwick. The fire also injured 200 people.

"It's just the beginning," Michael St. Pierre, one of the attorneys representing nearly 300 fire survivors and victims' relatives who have sued in federal court, said Wednesday.

The fire began when pyrotechnics for the rock band Great White ignited flammable sound-absorbing foam around the stage and the club's walls. The foam quickly spread the blaze throughout the one-story roadhouse.

Tennessean.com - Nashville news from The Tennessean, MUSIC CITY U.S.A (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NIGHTCLUB_FIRE?SITE=TNNAT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DE FAULT - broken link)
God. I remember that sad, sad situation. I'm really not sure who exactly should be blamed for it. But I hope the get justice for what happen. Especially the family of " The Doctor" a DJ on WHJY. I use to love to listen to the "Metal Zone." May he and all the others rest in peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies