Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 01:12 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Karl Rover "offended" by Clint Eastwood's pro-America, pro-Obama ad.

Karl Rove ‘offended’ by Clint Eastwood’s Chrysler ad - The Washington Post

America is offended by Rove's part in duping the nation into that senseless, braindead war in Iraq.

And now he's a Fox "analyst"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 01:16 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,191,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Rove will be offended by any pro-America ad.
Yep and the same goes for Hannity, this is the lead story on his radio show which just started:

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_pl...d=826&nid=2920

Old 02-06-2012, 01:19 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,594,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
The commercial appears to be a sly dig at Flip-Flop Romneyturd for his support of "letting Detroit go bankrupt", and gives credit to President Obama for saving the auto industry.

Chrysler Commercial - It's Halftime in America - YouTube

This is a great commercial.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:24 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,119 times
As a strong conservative, I gotta tell ya my reaction as I watched this commercial. I adored it! I got misty-eyed. I didn't think it helped our Communist leader one bit. I thought it helped Detriot and the auto-makers and if that helps BO a tad, I'm not a bit concerned about it.

It IS half-time in America. This game could go either way. I saw the commercial as almost an omen and to enlightened souls viewing it, this thing could actually work against the subversives in our government.

This was a genius commercial and I think the world of the actor that gave himself to it. This was sort of like poetry in that it can mean totally different things to different people.

It sure drove it home to me, and that is that yeah, it is halftime in our country. We gave never been more divided as a country as we are right now. We are in it for the fight of the life of this country 'as founded.'

It's a battle to the finish and one side will be victor and the other lose, just like in a football game. Very cool commercial.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
This is a great commercial.
No matter what it was aimed at, I have to agree with you that it is one of the best of the night.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:37 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,491,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
It IS half-time in America. This game could go either way. I saw the commercial as almost an omen and to enlightened souls viewing it, this thing could actually work against the subversives in our government.
Yes, I think the subsersives ... the Gingrich and Santorum types included ... will not like the message of this commercial. They're the big-government with it's boot on your throat insiders who in the dark of smoke-filled rooms try to restrict our freedom and dictate our religious beliefs. Thank God we have a moderate President in the White House. Let's keep him there.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:39 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Ahh for the good ol' days of actually good ads. One of my favorites ..

Miller Lite

Old 02-06-2012, 01:45 PM

498 posts, read 1,455,224 times
Romney's prescription for GM and Chrysler was bankruptcy. Obama's prescription as a bailout. When that didn't work, what was his plan B? Bankruptcy. So Mitt should be taking credit as much as anyone. Furthermore, Obama essentially gave Chrysler to Fiat; its CEO is now Sergio Marchionne, a man who is determined to launch is own company in America using Chrysler's establishment; he thought he could sell 50,000 Fiats in America in one year. They managed to sell about 30% of that. Romney made his living cleaning up after people like Marchionne. Truth be told, all of the "good" Chryslers on sale right now began development under Cerberus, long before bankruptcy. The same is true with GM. Cars take years to develop; that's what people don't seem to understand. Obama can't take credit for the success of the American automakers, because they're not doing well because of any decision on his part. They're doing well because of decisions that were made before the market collapsed to become competent in an increasingly competitive market, in addition to bankruptcy. The bailout is by no means to thank for the better products. And heck, if you want to talk about how the big 3 brought about their predicament, that is not a conversation the Democrats/unionists want to have.

It's half-time and America is losing. We can either choose someone else who knows what they're doing, or we can use the same failing game plan.

Last edited by Lamborgotti; 02-06-2012 at 02:08 PM..

Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
OBAMA 2012!!!
No, thanks. We can't afford 4 more years of that guy!

Old 02-06-2012, 04:27 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,931,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Stupid commercial. Chrysler isn't even an American company anymore. Why doesn't he just advertise for toyota?
This, I agree with you on. I'm disappointed how can he think this is the comeback we need.

Can't believe Eastwood, wouldn't be more of a Ron Paul man!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies