Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 06:12 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
. “Confessions of an Economic Hit Man” also forgotten right now.
John Perkins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 06:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
GCSTroop - That is exactly what is happening. Instead of one "world leader" there is a large loosely affiliated group of hyper wealthy megalomaniacs acting separately to run the world for their own benefit. Not a direct conspiracy but a commonality of interest aiming for control without acknowlegement or responsibility.
PBS: Tesla - Master of Lightning: A Machine to End War

Old 02-13-2012, 08:47 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Lol this thread is proof that there are so many paranoid lunatics and illiterates in this country that it is no wonder companies are shipping jobs to China and India.

I can confidently say that none of the 3 Billion Chinese or Indians believe in such rubbish conspiracies like "NWO,"Global Goverment". Only in USA.

Give it time. Some believe in the end of the world.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:43 PM

Geez so much to read here and so many different opinions. For any kind of one world government to exist I would think the worlds dictators would have to be removed. A one world government would be all leaders getting together and deciding for all the people. The main leader (leading Country) of it would have to have the most money and power over all other leaders of their Countries. It might not have to be where all agree to have the exact same way of life in every Country for thier people but it would require the leaders agree to make agreements to keep the people under control and have each Country somewhat similar to all others. Have healthcare for everyone where everyone puts into the pot for the world, for example. I just don't see how that could really be done. Especially in the Middle East with all the constant fighting and wars.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
ONE WORLD ECONOMY aks "THE WORLD IS FLAT" BY MILTION FREIDMAN is effectively indistinguishable to ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:17 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
Geez so much to read here and so many different opinions. For any kind of one world government to exist I would think the worlds dictators would have to be removed. A one world government would be all leaders getting together and deciding for all the people. The main leader (leading Country) of it would have to have the most money and power over all other leaders of their Countries. It might not have to be where all agree to have the exact same way of life in every Country for thier people but it would require the leaders agree to make agreements to keep the people under control and have each Country somewhat similar to all others. Have healthcare for everyone where everyone puts into the pot for the world, for example. I just don't see how that could really be done. Especially in the Middle East with all the constant fighting and wars.
See what you do not understand is that it is not countries it is corperations that actually run the countries and hand pick their leaders. Here is an example: When McClain ran for office against Obama, why did they choose a realitively unknown clueless woman to run with him? You cannot make me believe that there was not at least one intelligent qualified male or female republican they could have used? She was a contributing factor as to why McCain lost. Why? because Obama was preselected to run/win. Look at the republican candidates now, does it strike anyone as being odd that none of them are really fit/prepared to win? Mitt- obviously trying to buy his way into the White House, Newt- severely disliked by his own party due to past actions, Rick- has no clue what to do outside of his moral reforms and poor Ron- Will never be elected because to many Americans he is too far away from mainstream thinking. Stevie Wonder can see through these guys and eventhough Obama is not the greatest choice he is not the greatest threat to the immediate way of life that we all are accustom to. This is why he is destined to win.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:21 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Globalization is already an utter failure - economically - socially - spiritually ....Nations are families - and families are entitled to four walls and a fence. YOU have the right to maintain your individuality - personally and nationally...firstly do not give the UN - any respect - they pretend to have authority - but legally they have none- If they did- you would see evidence of this- so far they are self important paper tiger that HATES the notion of nations..families - personal atonomy - etc..They also have no respect for life - if there is a genocide going on - they gleefully allow it - and then have a study..that they are paid well to conduct.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:29 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,383 times
I have seen this before and as much as I'm against it, there are people that do want a one-world government. They are using the anit-war slogan as a basis for it's marketing

Old 02-14-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
See what you do not understand is that it is not countries it is corperations that actually run the countries and hand pick their leaders. Here is an example: When McClain ran for office against Obama, why did they choose a realitively unknown clueless woman to run with him? You cannot make me believe that there was not at least one intelligent qualified male or female republican they could have used? She was a contributing factor as to why McCain lost. Why? because Obama was preselected to run/win. Look at the republican candidates now, does it strike anyone as being odd that none of them are really fit/prepared to win? Mitt- obviously trying to buy his way into the White House, Newt- severely disliked by his own party due to past actions, Rick- has no clue what to do outside of his moral reforms and poor Ron- Will never be elected because to many Americans he is too far away from mainstream thinking. Stevie Wonder can see through these guys and eventhough Obama is not the greatest choice he is not the greatest threat to the immediate way of life that we all are accustom to. This is why he is destined to win.
But then how would they run the world when it's only in the US that the Corporations have the control over the candidates for Presidency?
They can manipulate voters by orchestrating lousy choices but to be A New World Government they have to go global and can't limit themselves to just the US.

The only thing I can think of is if they go global. It does appear they are doing that now. We are losing our businesses. They have moved to other Countries and one being China with cheap labor, no media to follow up on what they do and how they treat the workers and no laws to obey so they can take advantage all they want to make more money for the CEO's.

Damn I never thought the Corporations would be running the Government. I knew they contributed and practically ran the elections but never pieced it together that the control over who gives the most money (lobbying) to contribute is the one (Corp.) that has the most control over the Goverenment (elected officials they helped) and President. But then why don't they pay to get rid of labor laws? Wouldn't that be to their advantage? then again they don't have labor laws in China or other Countries they now do business with. Then it is possible for this to go global and become the World Government just that it's really the Corporations running everything behind the closed doors or under the table so to speak. That's a scary thought.

Still though with the world dictators in the way they do need to get them out so they can payoff (lobby) or whatever you call it to get who they want in all Countries now I see another reason they are going and doing trade/business with other Countries. Wholly ****.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
I have seen this before and as much as I'm against it, there are people that do want a one-world government. They are using the anit-war slogan as a basis for it's marketing

Well I did at one time want one world currency. I thought it would make it easier to figure out the exchange rate from one Country to another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies