Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 07:29 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

What did you think was going to happen when information can travel around the world at light speed? When goods can travel across seas over night.

The global economy is coming whether you like it or not, whether you believe in it or not and whether you want it or not.

Short of a class-X solar flare, a asteroid from space or Yellow Stone blowing its top, you know that its coming and you should prepare, not run around with your Michael Jackson hair on fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 12:36 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
What did you think was going to happen when information can travel around the world at light speed? When goods can travel across seas over night.

The global economy is coming whether you like it or not, whether you believe in it or not and whether you want it or not.

Short of a class-X solar flare, a asteroid from space or Yellow Stone blowing its top, you know that its coming and you should prepare, not run around with your Michael Jackson hair on fire.
Global economic interaction is one thing. The loss of national sovereignty and a surrender to global governance, global social justice, global courts, quite another.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:01 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Global economic interaction is one thing. The loss of national sovereignty and a surrender to global governance, global social justice, global courts, quite another.

Well said! People like BigJon are the reason why America is being gutted from a liberty perspective.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:41 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post

Makes me think of the story of the boy who cried wolf.
Sure does, except that there really WAS a wolf. And what eventually happened to that boy?

The People of this country had better wake up. This may be our last chance to correct course.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:47 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Well said! People like BigJon are the reason why America is being gutted from a liberty perspective.
And people like you are why the sand has a steady supply of CO2.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:40 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Since most in this thread seem to agree that it's coming and, in fact, is nearly here, it leads to a question: What do you do about it?

So far, all we've done is play the part of Paul Revere. Even in the case of the little boy who cried "Wolf!", the men from the village came out to deal with that wolf, not the boy himself.

In this case, who are the men of the village? Who is the militia which turned out at Concord? How do you fight global government? Should you fight it?

Should we all join the OWS movement? Or, the original Tea Party movement? Should we join the protestor's who try to shut down every WTO meeting?

This is a particularly disturbing question for Christian's who believe in Biblical prophesy and who believe it must transpire as a part of God's plan. If you resist it, aren't you setting yourself up in opposition to the Will of God himself? If you acquiesce to it, aren't you condemning your grandchildren to a life of servitude to global corporations?

What do you DO?

Old 02-07-2012, 08:18 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why is the Toronto Star not a credible source? I can understand that you would dismiss the New American because it is a conservative leaning website but that is not the case with the Toronto newspaper.

You actually have to read the article to see who would benefit and how. Dismissing the sources and not reading them is a failure on your part, not mine.
My suggestion is, simply ignore these people...for your own sanity...

Old 02-07-2012, 08:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Read "Vulture's Picnic" and lose what sanity and hope you might have had left. We will be just a thoughroughly robbed as Argentina or Chile. Only the countries that avoided, or told them to drop dead, the IMF and World Bank are prospering.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:28 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Since most in this thread seem to agree that it's coming and, in fact, is nearly here, it leads to a question: What do you do about it?

So far, all we've done is play the part of Paul Revere. Even in the case of the little boy who cried "Wolf!", the men from the village came out to deal with that wolf, not the boy himself.

In this case, who are the men of the village? Who is the militia which turned out at Concord? How do you fight global government? Should you fight it?

Should we all join the OWS movement? Or, the original Tea Party movement? Should we join the protestor's who try to shut down every WTO meeting?

This is a particularly disturbing question for Christian's who believe in Biblical prophesy and who believe it must transpire as a part of God's plan. If you resist it, aren't you setting yourself up in opposition to the Will of God himself? If you acquiesce to it, aren't you condemning your grandchildren to a life of servitude to global corporations?

What do you DO?
I don't believe anything can be done, unless the people stick together, and proof in this thread shows, that so many people out there are either fast asleep, or living in a protective plastic bubble they've created for themselves, that they call life. It's a darn shame...this event has happened...and it's been in the makes for a long long time, way to many world wide rich men who designed it...and it's come into fruition...

Until everyone becomes aware of it, nothing will be done...and by then, it will be to late...

There are way to many people in this world who believe they're leaders are on the up and up...they delude themselves with RahRah speeches, and patriotics...

I spoke with a man who had served in WWII, he told me the things Americans did to women over there were awful, and he described things to me.

I've heard the middle east call us the Devil...and all this time we were led to believe it was them that were evil. Are they primitive in they're ways of thinking, yes...are they cruel to they're women yes...but I'm really starting to wonder about our REAL purpose over there...when you fight terrorisum, you fight it from your own ground to protect your own nation...and well, candidly, I am starting to believe our government is so far gone...I'm sure some of you have heard me say, I'm independent, b/c both sides are courrupt...and they are..., our government does not care about the people, they care about there special interest groups who are worth fortunes...I read somewhere on the internet, those people that are in denial won't even consider these things are true, b/c it upsets they're whole reason for being...they are unable to read or watch these articles all the way thru, b/c there is something in they're brains that literally shuts it off, and they cannot see a broader picture. But, it is definately true...and it's been slipped right under our noses...how corrupt our nation is...

Old 02-07-2012, 08:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post

What do you DO?
Excellent post. You have Ron Paul but he is one man to go against the system. I don't think he can do it although I'm rooting for him.

There's nothing we can do. It's going to happen because the powerful are beyond our reach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies