Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 07:01 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The chinese are staying in China. They are not trying to overthrow out culture from within. The chinese in this country just want to do my drycleaning and my wife's nails for a few bucks.

You've been assimilated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 07:04 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Talking "Liberal" is a dirty word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Where did I say I didn't see it? It is the same for both but if anything, Obama gets more of a free pass. The failure to see the mess that the left and large government have placed this country in shows a lot too. If you cannot see that, then you have some very large blinders in a very myopic world.

I get my fill of hate from uninformed left-wingers on CD, guys like Bill Maher and just by reading a newspaper. Through in some hypocrisy to spice it all up and that prettyy much defines moder liberalsim.

Bottom line, I don't have the capactiy to be as arrogant as the President and I have a wonderful family, so I wouldn't want his life at all.

Thanks for your fair and balanced perspective.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
As someone raised by a less than ideal family, I am not jealous about the Obama's. I only wish them well.

If I were making almost 2 million a year and my lady wanted to blow 50k on undies I would be glad to take them off and enjoy the results. Rock On, Obama!

Old 02-07-2012, 07:11 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Got a credible ink for the underlined claim in your post?
Oh, and who cares how much she spends, as long as its her own money?
Nancy Reagan spent a butt-ton of $ on designer clothing while she was in the WH.
Yeah, we shouldn't care about the multiple "vacations" that she takes on the tax-payer dollar. Especially when she and the kids fly somewhere first and then Barack has to take another plane (usually air force one) at a later time to meet up with them. Must be nice to vacation with my money.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:14 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
First dude to bring up race , congrats.
I speak the truth. Black men statistically DO need to emulate Barack Obama. Jealousy might actually breed a life-change in a few black men. Whether that hurts your feelings or not is irrelevant to me.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:23 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Yeah, we shouldn't care about the multiple "vacations" that she takes on the tax-payer dollar. Especially when she and the kids fly somewhere first and then Barack has to take another plane (usually air force one) at a later time to meet up with them. Must be nice to vacation with my money.
Psssssttt, this has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.
Oh wait, yes it does, it shows youre envious.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:25 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Thanks for your fair and balanced perspective.
No problem, just trying to educate the weak minded.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
No, I don't envy them. I have a husband and two kids too and I have never been one to covet tons of money, fame, or political office and all the problems those come with. I actually feel bad for them in a way because of all the scrutiny they are under all the time.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:49 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
No, I don't envy the family, envy is for people who don't have their own life. I do believe all the celebrity party's and vacations we hear of constantly, should make us wonder. It seems this family that occupies the White House do more than their share of high end party's.

I do wonder if Sasha and Malia have always had these extravagant parties thrown for them or just since they've lived in the WH.

Didn't like it when Nancy Regan spent on china and such that would be replaced with the next person. Didn't like it when Laura Bush chose roses for the tree decorations, wonder how often those roses were replaced with fresh new ones. Money wasted is not something to envy, especially when the taxpayers foot the bill.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:51 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Putting politics aside, they do have the model american family that many don't have and are envy of.

Its too bad more families across the nation don't try and pattern themselves off a strong family structure, what with the divorce rates over 50 percent.
Nope...I'm not jealous of anyone on this planet as far as I can think of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies