Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:55 AM

576 posts, read 586,169 times

Advertisements

If any left leaning group has EVER boycotted an american company then there are a whole LOT of hypocrites in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 11:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I drive a Hyundai.

"gonna fly now..."

Sorry, couldn't resist. I got the biggest kick out of that commercial

Old 02-07-2012, 11:04 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
This is so true .....and so rational that it will probably be disregarded by many on this forum. Literally hundreds of AMERICAN families in my small city have been able to go to work and make a living because Chrysler is now hiring again. Or small city had lost every single factory except 1 and people were losing their homes and many ended up homeless. Now they have hope again and you can not believe the difference it has made here and in other small communities in this area. Why you want them put out of a job and back on unemployment or welfare just so you can make some stupid political point is unforgivable.
^^This.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:38 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Nope, not boycotting Chrysler for hiring again. Sorry, take your fake outrage someplace else.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:47 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I agree! Buy Ford. Buy GM. Buy Chrysler. AKA, Buy American.
I do buy American, I buy Toyotas.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:39 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I agree! Buy Ford. Buy GM. Buy Chrysler. AKA, Buy American.
GM and Chrysler BOTH were forced to close down 100's of local dealerships by taking their brand licenses from them. They were not even compensated.

1000's of "middle class" guys and gals lost their jobs, without so much as a warning, simply because they weren't unionized.

That fact is not spoken about.

I will NEVER own another GM and will certainly never own a Chrysler.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:49 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I do buy American, I buy Toyotas.
My Toyota was built in California. Never had any problems to this day, knock on wood. Those cars are built to last. If I'm going to spend thousands of dollars for something, the first thing on my mind is quality and the furthest thing on my mind is politics.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:57 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Chrysler Comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Chrysler is a bailout company, and is a slave to Obama.

If you wan't an American car, buy a Ford. If you want an Italian car, don't buy a Chrysler.

Some guys sure do hate good news these days.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:58 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Deciding not to purchase a particular make and model of automobile is a perfectly rational decision, but to boycott a company which employs thousands of American workers whose profits are necessary to repay the American taxpayer for some overwrought figment of an immature political imagination is not.
Deciding not to buy an inferior vehicle is a rational choice, regardless of the harm it may cause to the financial condition of the manufacturer. Americans had been doing that for a decade or two, and the government interfered by saving a company twice from its own poor performance.

Chrysler shouldn't have been rescued the first time. Then carmakers would have learned once and for all that the car business is a survival business.

It was bad business, and bad government, to rescue Chrysler (and of course GM).

Old 02-07-2012, 03:00 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Deciding not to buy an inferior vehicle is a rational choice, regardless of the harm it may cause to the financial condition of the manufacturer. .
That's not the rational the OP gave for not buying it. Deciding not to buy a vehicle because you don't like the politics of the current POTUS seems foolish to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies