Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 06:00 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,894,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I can't believe there are no Catholic hospitals or schools in any of those states which already require birth control to be covered on health plans. What are they doing in those states? Why aren't they in the streets? Where were they when those laws and regulations were first passed?

You know what the difference is? Obama's name is attached to this one and that's the ONLY thing which makes this new federal rule worth fighting over.
Plenty. I heard on the news that there are 77 Catholic Law schools alone that cover birth control for staff and students.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 10:53 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,920,284 times
Quote:
I can't believe there are no Catholic hospitals or schools in any of those states which already require birth control to be covered on health plans. What are they doing in those states? Why aren't they in the streets? Where were they when those laws and regulations were first passed?

You know what the difference is? Obama's name is attached to this one and that's the ONLY thing which makes this new federal rule worth fighting over.
This is exactly my thought. Any policy with Obama's name attached is anathema to some of these people. There is no use to appeal to their logic because their minds are already made up and they will come up with one hairbrained theory that is worse than the last to exercise their dislike of the man.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:07 AM

4,436 posts, read 4,852,093 times
Quote:
Boy, you're REALLY stretching to equate Catholics with the screw balls
Bill Donohue is a screw ball

Old 02-24-2012, 12:24 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,057,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Those doggone Catholics are getting might uppity lately at our Dear Leader and his minions in the HHS, forcing Catholic schools, hospitals and charities to buy birth control pills, abortion-producing drugs and sterilization coverage for their employees.

These silly Catholics are so ticked off that Bill Donohue said -“This is going to be fought out with lawsuits, with court decisions, and, dare I say it, maybe even in the streets.†Catholic League Poised To Go To War With Obama Over Mandatory Birth Control Payments « CBS New York

Now, lo and behold here comes the FBI warning of us of threats from anti-government extremists. FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists | Reuters

Coincidence? The heavy hand of Obama?

And you libs want four more years of this krap?

Man, I haven't seen a stretch this big since the taffy pull at church.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Bill Donohue is a screw ball
Yes. He's actually laughable. I think he is there because the few Catholics left who suffer with such large families who are not wealthy need some support. He kind of gives them encouragement and keeps their regrets to the background of their consciousness.

I feel so sorry for people who made such life commitments as per church instruction and have ended up being so betrayed.

There is no mandate in the bible to have large families. Christians are supposed to follow in Jesus' footsteps. He never had kids, that we know of. We don't know if He had sex or not, either. It is just not mentioned.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:21 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,191,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Religion is not above the law.
I believe that all cults should be taxed.
good grief!
then lets tax the hell out of our government
since they are the biggest frigging cult of all
it is some folks high god!!
and Obama is NOT above the law either, though he sure as hell thinks he is
I DARE some one to get a kings size BLOW UP of this hack and erect
it on a building and see how fast he sends out a love kiss!!
HE would love that crap!!
Yes, the supreme leader!

Old 02-26-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
good grief!
then lets tax the hell out of our government
since they are the biggest frigging cult of all
it is some folks high god!!
and Obama is NOT above the law either, though he sure as hell thinks he is
I DARE some one to get a kings size BLOW UP of this hack and erect
it on a building and see how fast he sends out a love kiss!!
HE would love that crap!!
Yes, the supreme leader!
Why the irrational rant against Obama in response to a post about taxing religions?

This is what we have been seeing a lot of on CD and the media, people behaving so irrationally in response to this specific president. I would almost think such responses were spurred on by some racism, but people are just afraid to say that they hate him because he's black and find such illogical, stretching comments to make against him. Gosh, a poster doesn't even have to mention his name, and this stuff comes out. Shame.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:13 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,441,779 times
It all comes down to following Martin Luther King's example who followed it from all the others in history----peaceful resistance. If that is all the church has left, they will use it. Many may have to go to jail like in the civil rights marches but it will happen.

The government cannot force the church to abandon their conscience and forget freedom of religion.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:46 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,059,721 times
All this anger regarding the Catholic Church being forced to provide birth control under Health Insurance is moot because NO real Catholic would be getting Birth Control anyway so it doesn't matter if it is provided under their Health Insurance.

It is the same as being angry that wing and gizzard removal is provided under your Health Insurance.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:06 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,441,779 times
There are many non-Catholics working in Catholic hospitals, clinics, schools and all the other places that serve the public that Catholic organizations do. The government wants it in the insurance in all these places. It's just like any employer who provides insurance to their employees.

The government wants all insurance to cover Birth control pills now and all the medicine and procedures that affect fertility. It's the things that block fertility that the church has a problem with..

No one is forced to work for a Catholic organization so I don't know why they are forcing the church to do this. If you want it in your insurance plan than work at the places that have it in their plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies