Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 03:58 PM

417 posts, read 365,715 times

Advertisements

I had to max out my credit cards due to an emergency situation that came up with my transmission. They stayed maxed out for a month because I was in a rough patch. I then paid them both off immediately and in full within three months.

Chase raised both credit cards from a 12% and 15% credit percent respectively to 25% and 29% and their reasoning was because of me maxing my cards out during that emergency.

I have since left Chase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 04:42 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Thread wrap up:

**** Chase and BofA, yeah you get the picture.

That is all.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:02 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I ripped up my BOA Credit Card the moment they got bailed out.

The rules are, if you take the risks, you take the rewards, but then they socialized the losses. Umm, No, you are supposed to Fail! That's Capitalism!

Despite getting bailed out, their still going down.

Recent Discussions on Bank Of America Sucks : Official Bank of America consumer opinion site :

Read some of the stories at that page by not only disgruntled customers, but former employees as well.

No matter:

At one time, their stocks were at an all time high of 53.87 and is now down to 7.87.

Looks like investors even know their rotten apples

10 rep points for you.

on aol news today "B of A plaza auctioned in Foreclosure sale".

lol. karmas a bi@tch

Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Apparently, Chase has established a policy where they send away people who aren’t happy with their service. There is no attempt to rectify the situation. They just want you, the problem, to get lost.

Why waste their time keeping someone happy? There are plenty of other customers to rip off on both ends of banking (low savings interest rates and high borrowing interest rates).
With this situation in mind, boycott Chase. It is the customer that comes first, and if they are too lazy to give good service, then they don’t deserve to have any customers, plain and simple.

Capitalism works when customers speak out.

If I were an adviser to BoA and Chase I would explain in detail about who actually uses credit cards. In my explanation I would explain that most people of means don't use CC's for casual use like buying a Gatorade at the convenience store. I would explain to them that they were actually on the losing end of having people pay for such menial things and that every transaction cost the bank or the retailer money. The retailer will refuse to add that cost to the product just for the acceptance of a credit card.

I would suggest they create a $5/month fee for the use of credit cards and debit cards and watch those people leave in droves. The ones that wanted to stay but complain I'd recommend they tell them to go suck water.

Get rid of the people who use their cards for small purchase items and keep the big ticket purchasers. When "public outrage" is at the height of its course take away the $5/month fee and make it look like a PR campaign even though you know you just got rid of your loser customer base that you technically had to service.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's interesting. When I had to challenge a fraudulent charge, Chase's representatives were extraordinarily unhelpful and basically uninterested. Chase's card is in the safe deposit box now - available unused credit is good for the credit score, and I can use them for that. Because I'd rather French-kiss a skunk than use any service of Chase's ever again.
good analogy.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:23 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's interesting. When I had to challenge a fraudulent charge, Chase's representatives were extraordinarily unhelpful and basically uninterested. Chase's card is in the safe deposit box now - available unused credit is good for the credit score, and I can use them for that. Because I'd rather French-kiss a skunk than use any service of Chase's ever again.
A zero balance on a dusty credit card actually counts against you, not for you, on the credit score.

Quote:
6. Dust off an old card

The older your credit history, the better. But if you stop using your oldest cards, the issuers may decide to close the accounts or stop updating them to the credit bureaus. The accounts may still appear, but they won't be given as much weight in the credit-scoring formula as your active accounts, said Craig Watts, an executive at Fair Isaac, the company that created the FICO score.
So you might want to charge a recurring bill to one of those little-used accounts or take them out for dinner and a movie occasionally -- always, of course, paying off the balance in full.
9 fast fixes for your credit scores - 2 - debt management - MSN Money

Old 02-07-2012, 08:40 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In an increasingly cashless society, how does doing the opposite translate into a solid business plan? On many, many occasions I have driven right past the "cash only" businesses because it's too much of a hassle for me to find an ATM just to get a bite to eat.

Cash-only businesses have a limited shelf life in the 21st Century.
I agree. I never have more than $20 cash as I use my credit or debit card.

A few years ago a pizza shop that we always ordered from would only take cash after a while so we didn't get their pizza most of the time because I didn't have the cash and didn't want to go out.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:46 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
Gov. Blagojevich was the original Tea Partier and Occupy Wall Streeter.

He sounds like a good governor aside from the old fashioned Chicago corruption.

ILLINOIS GOVERNOR BLAGOJEVICH SUSPENDS ALL STATE BUSINESS WITH BANK OF AMERICA - YouTube

Old 02-07-2012, 08:46 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The solution is, have money in the bank and pay your bills..! Not to difficult, but those on the left are against every established principal..
The loonie left needs to go start their own country where they can live in their own private dream world because they don't seem to be suited to reality....
The customer service is a problem if you have a problem with anything. If you got double charged or other problems they won't help. I guess the loonie right don't have a problem with that.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 PM

This thread is neither right nor left Donn239, its a business issue, and people are finally fed up with TBTF lousy banks, and with negligent customer service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies