Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Just because people are more concerned about chemicals and foreign objects used in women's bodies doesn't make the women haters!!

Some are more concerned about the after effects than others. Down the road I'm sure they'll say, "OH, this causes Cancer"
No, but your previous comment shows what you think of women!

Quote:
Well the girl's are only showing up if your cute!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 06:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
My only concern is in whos hands this stuff actually ends up in. I know college people aren't always the brightest and think it's "funny" to dope ppls drinks. At least going to the pharmacy there is personal interaction which goes far to ensure the one getting it is the one taking it.
If you live in the dorms, you have to find some way to get into town to go to a pharmacy, which may have some fairly inconvenient hours for college students. I have no problem with this. It's an OTC drug. I seriously doubt anyone would "dope" a drink with Plan B, b/c likely there would be no reaction. It's not a date-rape drug! (But then, you never know with college students, but that's not a reason to deny it to people who would use it for legitimate purposes.)

Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I don't think vending machines selling soft drinks has been banned on college campuses anywhere in the country.

Anyway, I think this is a good thing. The morning after pill reduces the number of unwanted children being born and the number of abortions. Pro-lifers should be happy - not upset - about this.

I think spending on welfare should be reduced and everyone who agrees with me should be happy about this.
Sure make these powerful hormones easily available for anyone. Even boys or men can slip it to their girlfriends so they can't get pregnant. Talk about controlling women. They won't even know.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:51 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And this is wrong HOW????
Nothing. If you're Catholic. Me? I think it's asinine. I do believe the world has an overpopulation problem and beyond that, I have no intention of women's health issues being dictated by the Catholic church and a bunch of priests.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:52 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And this is wrong HOW????

Forcing anyone to be a slave to their womb is wrong.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:05 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Have at it, I'm not going to play your sick game of convincing young women that sex has no consequences, I already wasted my time on another thread. You women need more than arguing on CD to fix this issue.
Sex does have consequences. Taking the Plan B pill or having an abortion is one rather responsible way of dealing with such consequences.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Here it is..looks like she resigned. When you resign you get to keep your benefits..when you get fired you lose them.

LBJ teacher resigns amid investigation | KXAN.com
An LBJ High School teacher resigned her job after she was accused of giving a student an emergency contraceptive, commonly known as the 'morning after pill.'
Austin ISD police are investigating the incident and have not identified the teacher, but confirm she resigned shortly after the allegation became public on January 26. A parent notified a school employee about the incident and the school notified AISD police.
Here's an update to the above story. Seems the girl had a reaction to the morning after pill. This led to the mother finding out and telling the school.

I hope they put some education material in those vending machines to warn of side effects.

The teacher is being charged with a felony.
Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com
A high school physical education teacher is facing a felony charge for giving a “morning-after pill” to a student who was worried that she was pregnant, according to an arrest affidavit released today.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
An Over The Counter medication being sold in a vending machine. Are prophylactics being sold alongside these pills? The local drug stores must be furious.

This is one of the most sensible things I have heard on this topic. Put in the money and get the product. No funny looks, no pressure and no recriminations. Just the freedom to make your own decisions about what happens to your own body.

No wonder the patriarchs are pi88ed. This takes the control of the women right out of their hands. Great.!

Old 02-08-2012, 04:19 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Here's an update to the above story. Seems the girl had a reaction to the morning after pill. This led to the mother finding out and telling the school.

I hope they put some education material in those vending machines to warn of side effects.

The teacher is being charged with a felony.
Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com
A high school physical education teacher is facing a felony charge for giving a “morning-after pill” to a student who was worried that she was pregnant, according to an arrest affidavit released today.
Yeah. Might be a good idea for them to put some attorney cards in there with them too.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:47 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
The "morning after sex" pill (we really should use the full name) is not available to anyone under 17 without a perscription so it should not be in a place where it can be acquired without supervision, such as from a vending machine. If this is OK then beer should also be available from vending machines (it is in Japan). How about handguns? That's another legal product for adults to own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies