Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 03:15 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,212,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
The same choice that people who can't afford cars have.

The difference, dude, is that people who can't afford cars aren't going to die because they don't have one. 47 million people without insurnace are at risk of doing exactly that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 03:15 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,810,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, I have a different attitude. I want everybody to be guaranteed they will receive all necessary medical treatment when they need it, regardless of their savings or whatever.

How that is achieved, well, I am sure there are various ways, if there is a will.
You can guarantee coverage but you can't guarantee care.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:17 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,579,478 times
If someone violates your basic rights, you can sue them or have them arrested. If you walk into a doctor's office with no insurance and no money, who do you sue if they decide not to treat you?

Old 02-07-2012, 03:17 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,184 times
Quote:
That's a pretty sick comparison...
It's a frank one. If you can't afford a car you take public transit. Or walk. If you can't afford health insurance, you take medicare/medicaid.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:18 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,729,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What does society running around sick make it a right? I can think of a lot of things society runs around and does, like eating, do you think thats a right?
I am in favor of a right to work so people can buy their own food. But at the end of the day, yes, I support a right to food as we are not animals in the jungle, who don't care or are even happy when other perish so they have more for themselves.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
The difference, dude, is that people who can't afford cars aren't going to die because they don't have one. 47 million people without insurnace are at risk of doing exactly that.
And 1/2 of them are illegal immigrants, who still wont have care, and the other 1/2, those who are rather healthy.

Furthermore, you dont die from a lack of health insurance, you die from health care. Obamacare is health insurance not care

Old 02-07-2012, 03:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
I am in favor of a right to work so people can buy their own food. But at the end of the day, yes, I support a right to food as we are not animals in the jungle, who don't care or are even happy when other perish so they have more for themselves.
If food is a right, there is no need to work in order to obtain it.

So you think you should be able to just enter a grocery store and steal whatever you want because its your right to do so? Where is food listed in the Constitution?

Old 02-07-2012, 03:20 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,729,600 times
Quote:
It's a frank one. If you can't afford a car you take public transit. Or walk. If you can't afford health insurance, you take medicare/medicaid.
I am sure patients don't really care what the program/insurance is called that gives them access to health care, as long as they get the health care they need.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:21 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,212,573 times
Quote:
Wrong. We have only to look at things like cell phones and digital cameras to see that the real money is made once something becomes affordable enough that most everyone can have it. When there are profits to be made there is competition for business. When there's competition, prices go down.
The healthcare and healthcare insurance industries are NOT the cell phone and digital camera industries. You didn't know this? Huh. People don't die if they don't have access to a digital camera.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:21 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,810,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
You don't have a car so you can't get to the hospital even though you have health insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies