Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 08:26 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,207,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
And the opposing side also has expert legal briefs as in virtually every single case that has ever gone to the Supreme Court in the modern era.

Extra Extra!! In a nation of over 300 Million we can find an expert to agree with us...ignore the opposing experts!
You are certainly welcome to the table with your own expert and his expert legal opinion. All arguments are welcome. You don't see anyone being banned here (yet) do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 08:28 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,916,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Since you brought it up, if you live within a 100 year flood plain, you must, by Federal law, purchase flood insurance. You didn't know this? Huh.
We didn't know it because it's not true.

IF you want to BORROW MONEY to purchase or build a property in a 100 year flood plain, you will be required to buy flood insurance. Once the loan is paid, or if you never had a loan, no insurance is required.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:
You are certainly welcome to the table with your own expert and his expert legal opinion. All arguments are welcome. You don't see anyone being banned here (yet) do you?
I already have a constitutional challenge in with the US Surpreme Court, (verifyable by my previous postings here going back over a year ago).

We absolutely will be at the table in front of the US Supreme Court while you'll be here telling us that we are buying commerce, even when we arent.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:31 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,309,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
It is now time for a Govt funded health system to be implemented in the USA as has been done in all other Industrialised countries. A UHC works and works well for every single person and it costs less to run than today's health system in the USA. The creation of a UHC would also get rid of unemployment in the USA overnight. If there are still some who want to carry on with Insurance based health care....... no one is going to stop them and it will still probably cost them less for a Govt mandated health system AND their private health care as the Insurance companies woud have to compete with a Govt funded system and premiums would go way way down........... Everyone is a winner and no one in America will ever have to worry about their health care ever again. Health care will also be taken away from employment and medicare/aid or vet care will no longer be needed.
And we'll all live happily ever after.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
But it only affects THOSE MAKING THE PURCHASE.. Again, if one ISNT BUYING, there is NO COMMERCE TAKING PLACE.

Commerce is taking place, nonetheless (i.e., whether or not YOU are purchasing it). And the government has the obligation to regulate it.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Commerce is taking place, nonetheless (i.e., whether or not YOU are purchasing it). And the government has the obligation to regulate it.
You get a D- in Constitutional Law/History, and I'm being generous.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:39 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:
Regulating, and forcing one to consume, isnt the same thing, is it?

6,175 posts, read 12,916,158 times
Quote:
Government may have the authority to regulate the commerce that occurs, but it CANNOT COMPEL an individual to engage in commerce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I already have a constitutional challenge in with the US Surpreme Court, (verifyable by my previous postings here going back over a year ago).

We absolutely will be at the table in front of the US Supreme Court while you'll be here telling us that we are buying commerce, even when we arent.
I welcome your challenge (if that is, in fact, what you are doing). It
means that the system works.

And for the record, I didn't say that YOU were buying anything. But whether or not you purchase anything doesn't mitigate the fact that the commerce is occurring, or the fact that the government is obligated to regulate it.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I welcome your challenge (if that is, in fact, what you are doing). It
means that the system works.

And for the record, I didn't say that YOU were buying anything. But whether or not you purchase anything doesn't mitigate the fact that the commerce is occurring, or the fact that the government is obligated to regulate it.
How do you compare regulating and compelling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies