Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 01:09 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Actually, it needed to be bumped because pointing out voter fraud is important for the integrity of our electoral system. Once trust in the system is corrupted, it may well signal the final downfall of this country.

I wonder why Liberals have a problem with photo ID requirements to vote?
I wonder why conservatives have a problem with paper trails
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The fraud can work on both sides. Why aren't Democrats worried about it, they sure were when Bush was elected?
I don't remember any Democrats calling for voter ID laws when Bush was President

Old 02-09-2012, 01:13 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
I don't remember any Democrats calling for voter ID laws when Bush was President
Gore and his people sure made an uproar when he wasn't elected. I guess you don't remember. They thought there was fraud on some level.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Did you watch the video? Let me have 15 forms and I will give them to my friends. Then he can take them and fill them all out and vote 15 times. Nice, huh?
14 extra votes? Big deal. Give me a computer and somebod with the know how and I can flip the results

You do know that your friend will need a different address for each of those forms right? And it would have to be an address that actually exists within that polling place. And they'd have to be sure that when they go in to cast their fake vote that none of the poll workers know the people who really do live there. Or that the people themselves who really do work there don't walk in. Or that nobody recognized him as having voted at another precient earlier

Old 02-09-2012, 01:25 PM

So this pimp O'Keefe was able to register Brady and Tebow and that's supposed to prove that voter ID is rampant?? Was he dressed in his pimp uniform and was his ho girlfriend with him?

Anybody remember that scene in a Michael Moore movie, I forget which one, but he's in Canada, I think that's where it was, and he's talking to this lady who never locks her door and says she's never had a problem? If O'Keefe had gone up to Canada with his camera and filmed himself walking into her house, with no problem whatsoever, would that prove that she was lying?

Old 02-09-2012, 01:26 PM

The old saying---if we put a man on the moon-----

How hard can this be? Machines the work, photo IDs. May not be perfect but it would be better.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Please supply a link that proves this isn't going on.

He was good at proving other frauds going on.
That pimp hasn't proved anything

Old 02-09-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
So this pimp O'Keefe was able to register Brady and Tebow and that's supposed to prove that voter ID is rampant?? Was he dressed in his pimp uniform and was his ho girlfriend with him?

Anybody remember that scene in a Michael Moore movie, I forget which one, but he's in Canada, I think that's where it was, and he's talking to this lady who never locks her door and says she's never had a problem? If O'Keefe had gone up to Canada with his camera and filmed himself walking into her house, with no problem whatsoever, would that prove that she was lying?
I don't know if O'Keefe had anything to do with it. I see Sixty Minutes is still doing undercover investigations. They can do them but others can't?

Old 02-09-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Well .. I'm bumping the thread again!

The democrats and liberals (I repeat myself) are the biggest and most vocal group of people to decry Voter ID and that is to be expected .. because it's tough to dig up a long dead body and get a proper photo!

They use the old standby .. "The Mean ole Republicans are denying the p-o-o-r the right to vote"!

There are two arguments to dispute this lie ..
First and foremost: There IS NO Constitutional Right to vote in a Federal Election! (Presidential)

Two: Seems to me that Mexico would have quite a few more p-o-o-r folks than what the US has and yet ..

^^^^Liberal Democrats in Mexico?^^^^
There are two arguments to dispute this lie ..
First and foremost: There IS NO Constitutional Right to vote in a Federal Election! (Presidential)

Yes, the same Supreme Court that put Bush in office did state that, in fact it was in the same decision. And I have always been amazed that the conservatives actually cheered that. Voting had always been regarded as one of the most basic rights if not THE basic rights so that the cons would cheer shows a whole lot about them. It's not like they have a whole lot of trust in the court either, there have been lots of decisions that they disagreed with and stated that the court was wrong. They didn't in this case

Well, maybe not that amazed. I had always sort of suspected that conservatives were a bunch of elitists who thought that only certain people, them, should be able to vote

Old 02-09-2012, 02:47 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Actually, it needed to be bumped because pointing out voter fraud is important for the integrity of our electoral system. Once trust in the system is corrupted, it may well signal the final downfall of this country.

I wonder why Liberals have a problem with photo ID requirements to vote?
How would a photo ID presented at the polls have stopped the type of fraud presented in this case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies