Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 07:56 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
By legalizing prostitution the criminal element is removed and things like forced prostitution and pimps go away.

A woman who chooses to be a prostitute does so out of her own free will which is a sign of true freedom of choice.

Wrong.... most women are prostitutes because of drug issues or mental (many were abused when younger)

This is not freedom of choice

Get these women help if they want it, but don't legalize it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 08:29 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,927,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Wrong.... most women are prostitutes because of drug issues or mental (many were abused when younger)

This is not freedom of choice

Get these women help if they want it, but don't legalize it

you are sooooooooooo WRONG!

more celeb that are druggies then prostitutes. and more abused people who are not prostitutes that have other careers.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:45 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
you are sooooooooooo WRONG!

more celeb that are druggies then prostitutes. and more abused people who are not prostitutes that have other careers.
That opinion of yours is false

I have done work in the inner city with women and studied the subject. I think I know far more about it than you....

I read your thoughts on the subject on another threead. In your definition of a prostitute, it is a woman who gives it up to some guy who buys tham drinks or dinner....I am sure that thses types of women, while easy, would call you out big time for calling them prostitutes.

Feel free to educate yourself and don't hold your breath about it being legalized

Old 03-14-2012, 09:50 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Every welfare mom takes advantage of this...5 kids, all have different fathers. Need a few more bucks? Go hang out on the street corner and find another donor. 9 months later the gov is paying out another $500-$800. Happens all the time, folks. Because it's their RIGHT, and its for the GOOD of the children.
It sickens me that I'll soon have to explain to my children that their futures will be paying others to sleep all day and eat for free.
Legalize Prostitution in America
Really? Hang with a lot of working girls, do you? Do tell all....

Old 03-14-2012, 09:53 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Prostitution IS legal in Nevada. Prostitution is a state issue, not one for the federal government to say either yea or nay.

FWIW prostitution was looked upon with much greater tolerance in the Old West days and in the early days when Alaska was still a new American possession.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Every welfare mom takes advantage of this...5 kids, all have different fathers. Need a few more bucks? Go hang out on the street corner and find another donor. 9 months later the gov is paying out another $500-$800. Happens all the time, folks. Because it's their RIGHT, and its for the GOOD of the children.
It sickens me that I'll soon have to explain to my children that their futures will be paying others to sleep all day and eat for free.
Legalize Prostitution in America
You just keep right on with the sl.t-shaming, it's bound to work in the right's favor eventually.

That being said, in a proper legal framework, I have no issues with legal prostitution. Short version: Prostitution is legal, pimping is very much not, the income is taxed in part to provide for medical checks. Serious penalties for stuff like pressuring people to prostitute themselves.

But if two people voluntarily agree to boink for whatever reason, including a financial transaction, and they're both of legal age and sound mind? None of my business.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:09 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
Really? I am from the Netherlands where prostitution has been legal for a long time. Not only are the red light districts one of the safest areas to walk around in, the prostitutes have their own union and political party.
I guess there's a lot of homely guys in the Netherlands who aren't good looking enough to get sex for free. Why have to pay for sex, if you're good looking enough to get it for free?

Old 03-14-2012, 02:56 PM

1,081 posts, read 915,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I guess there's a lot of homely guys in the Netherlands who aren't good looking enough to get sex for free. Why have to pay for sex, if you're good looking enough to get it for free?
Sex is hardly ever free. Unless you're dealinh with a total skank. No thanks.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:08 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
There are no positives for legalized prostitution for the greater good of a nation.
Keeping people off of welfare.

Make women on welfare work in brothels instead of leaching off the public tit. In Germany, which is a much more generous welfare state than the US, a woman who refuses a job in a brothel loses all of her benefits.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:13 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Keeping people off of welfare.

Make women on welfare work in brothels instead of leaching off the public tit. In Germany, which is a much more generous welfare state than the US, a woman who refuses a job in a brothel loses all of her benefits.

Are you serious???

What man in his right mind would want to have sex with a fat, wrinkled old woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies