Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,530,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This might be the next break for unions follow the money. I wouldn't have guessed in other countries they have a union and their own political party.

Prostitutes in America are falling behind, I guess.
Not sure how this would advance women in life or is this another women have rights to.
By legalizing prostitution the criminal element is removed and things like forced prostitution and pimps go away.

A woman who chooses to be a prostitute does so out of her own free will which is a sign of true freedom of choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,616,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
The majority of women on welfare are white
That's because the majority of people in America are white.

Quote:
and are using the system for a very short time. They use welfare for what it was intended: a helping hand during a difficult time.
What all do you consider "Welfare?"

For example, Section 8 is welfare; are you including that? How about Food stamps? Child tax credits? Earned income tax credits? Medicaid? Medicare? I'm probably leaving out quite a few programs.

Quote:
Every woman (temporarily) on welfare I personally know is
..is irrelevant. Every woman I know on welfare is gaming the system. So what? I don't know very many women on welfare.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The government is probably trying to figure out how to make a buck off of legalizing drugs first.
Once that is done then they can work on legalizing prostitution and how to make a buck off that.

I don't doubt that one day it will be legal. They just have to get fees, permits, etc. in place first.
Legalize pot and tax it. Why not? That is what we do with tabacco and alcohol. What is so different about pot?

Old 02-08-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
That's because the majority of people in America are white.
OK, point taken

Quote:
What all do you consider "Welfare?"

For example, Section 8 is welfare; are you including that? How about Food stamps? Child tax credits? Earned income tax credits? Medicare? I'm probably leaving out quite a few.
Yes

Quote:
..is irrelevant. Every woman I know on welfare is gaming the system. So what? I don't know very many women on welfare.
I live in a rural area with very little employment opportunities, especially for women with little education. 4-5 out of 10 are on temporary welfare and usually off the system within a year.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:46 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,616,531 times
Quote:
Yes
So do you have stats to back up the assertion that people typically use (for example) Section 8, and/or the Earned Income tax credit, for a short period of time?

I find that difficult to believe.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:48 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,907,338 times
Quote:
By legalizing prostitution the criminal element is removed and things like forced prostitution and pimps go away.

A woman who chooses to be a prostitute does so out of her own free will which is a sign of true freedom of choice.
Then the new criminal becomes unions that's the way I see it. Also, sad that women can make more money having some nasty guy touching them in that way, as to a profession that makes a women feel positive about herself.

I understand freedom, but for some it's all they have.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,907,338 times
Quote:
Legalize pot and tax it. Why not? That is what we do with tabacco and alcohol. What is so different about pot?
Are prisons would be just about empty and the government would no longer have control of a select few. Plus, the wage on war gives them reason to keep telling us it's being brought in to America. That ole' "thumbs on the people" holding Americans down while alcohol is the leading cause in many health and domestic violence issues.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,923,320 times
Quote:

Not true. In certain counties in NV Prostitution is legal and almost every girl has a pimp besides her boss who owns the brothel who is also a pimp.

I agree prostitution should be legal but the girls should not have to work in a brothel to be legal.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,069,171 times
There are no positives for legalized prostitution for the greater good of a nation.

Unlike drugs, which are a commodity, prostitutes are women, albeit women almost always with drug and/or mental issues, but women all the same.

Keep it illegal, give the women treatment options and off the streets/ internet and public humiliation for the men (usually married) by pics in the newspapers/ internet

Old 03-14-2012, 07:53 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times
OP - Thanks for understanding the myth. You are one of the faithful and ignorant RWNJ. Congratulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies