Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:57 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,563,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Keep trying to build that strawman. I believe you even quoted where I CLEARLY stated that they built, "An excellent framework for our government", but you glossed right over that didn't you? LOL!!!

(psssst, let's focus on where he says our founding fathers weren't perfect and try to claim he hates America.... That'll take everyone's eye off the ball and the fact that I'm getting waxed here... )
Again you bring up an imaginary argument. Where did I write about the Founding Father's alleged imperfections? Nowhere.

You are stuck. You have no respect for the Founding Fathers but don't have enough self-respect to leave the country they founded to back up your hatred of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Imaginary people like Rudy Giulianni?
Yet again you bring up people that have nothing to do with this thread.

Where did you get Giuliani from anyway?

What does he have to do with anything?

Old 02-08-2012, 07:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,752,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Again you bring up an imaginary argument. Where did I write about the Founding Father's alleged imperfections? Nowhere.

You are stuck. You have no respect for the Founding Fathers but don't have enough self-respect to leave the country they founded to back up your hatred of them.
He can't leave. I don't think there is a country that didn't have slavery in its history. Slave trade was fully accepted back then as a commercial industry and operated worldwide.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,332,328 times
Quote:

I guess its the only card you have to play so you're playing it to full effect?

I'll translate for the masses:

"I am completely ignorant of the Ground Zero Mosque Debate in which primarily Republicans attempting to tell Muslims they could not build a Muslim community center on land that they owned due to its proximity to Ground Zero. Because I am ignorant of this, it must be that he is imagining this shining example of Republicans fighting for religious freedom. So let's just focus on the issue at hand because we're trying to trash the freedom hating Dems here.

So anyway, since he admittedly sees a flaw in Thomas Jefferson's character, I will now claim that he has zero respect for Jefferson because you obviously cannot respect a man if you point out a flaw....

Oh, and I will run to the polls in November and pull the lever for Romney even though he was the author of Romney-Care, which I whole-heartedly disagree with..... Nothing hypocritical to see here..... Move along!!"

Old 02-08-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
He can't leave. I don't think there is a country that didn't have slavery in its history. Slave trade was fully accepted back then as a commercial industry and operated worldwide.
And why WOULD I leave? I guess it merits a THIRD repetition that I admire the framework of government that was set up by Jefferson (among others). Point is simply that playing the "hypocrisy" card while citing Jefferson is a little rich is all....

Old 02-08-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Yet again you bring up people that have nothing to do with this thread.

Where did you get Giuliani from anyway?

What does he have to do with anything?
Just pointing out Republican hypocrisy on the matter of freedom of religion. You seemed to want to throw the "hypocrisy" label around so I thought I'd point out to you that hypocrisy is hardly a unique trait for Liberals as you'd like to attempt to claim.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,752,928 times
Quote:
And why WOULD I leave? I guess it merits a THIRD repetition that I admire the framework of government that was set up by Jefferson (among others). Point is simply that playing the "hypocrisy" card while citing Jefferson is a little rich is all....
What hypocrisy ? At that time in history, slavery was accepted and legal.
In many countries I might add.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I guess its the only card you have to play so you're playing it to full effect?

I'll translate for the masses:

"I am completely ignorant of the Ground Zero Mosque Debate in which primarily Republicans attempting to tell Muslims they could not build a Muslim community center on land that they owned due to its proximity to Ground Zero. Because I am ignorant of this, it must be that he is imagining this shining example of Republicans fighting for religious freedom. So let's just focus on the issue at hand because we're trying to trash the freedom hating Dems here.

So anyway, since he admittedly sees a flaw in Thomas Jefferson's character, I will now claim that he has zero respect for Jefferson because you obviously cannot respect a man if you point out a flaw....

Oh, and I will run to the polls in November and pull the lever for Romney even though he was the author of Romney-Care, which I whole-heartedly disagree with..... Nothing hypocritical to see here..... Move along!!"

Most of your posts in this thread have been your imaginings about what others are saying and thinking.

Is this a weird liberal thought process are you unique in this regard.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:15 AM

3,326 posts, read 3,180,311 times
Quote:
Or is the purpose of government to protect liberty?

Quote by Thomas Jefferson: "The purpose of government is to enable the people..."

So does this mean that Jefferson would be happy with today's federal government?
Jefferson would not approve.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
You have written nothing that backs up your claim that you admire the Founding Fathers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies