Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:02 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Deflection your name is liberal and they are trying very hard to deflect on this one.
Hypocrisy your name is conservative and they whine very loudly about spending that doesn't suit their agenda, otherwise they spend like drunken sailors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 08:08 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
And other people should have to pay for them to see her because...?
Because that's what we do when students go on field trips. Students bused in for a show at Lincoln Center, to visit a museum, to visit a state park, to participate in an academic competition, to attend a college recruitment event, to visit the Smithsonian, to tour a factory or a hospital.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:21 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Really? Who are the ones that are giving the first lady a free pass on an asinine waste of taxpayer funds here because their guy is in office?
School children going on a field trip is an "asinine waster of taxpayer funds?" Thank God you had nothing to do with the running of my primary schools. I loved field trips.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:34 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
Quote:
I love the "but he/she did it too" responses from the Obamots. Their problem is that they think conservatives are as foolish as they are in that they give any politician with the right letter after their name a free pass on everything because it's their guy. We all understand that they think that Obamas can do no wrong because it's their guy in office. He has a capital D after his name. Of course they have no idea how any conservatives feel about any of the things they posted in their replies. I personally think that most of them are asinine and a waste of money. I do not give a free pass because "my guy" is doing it.
Yet, you feel attacking the first lady without know who was paying for transport is appropriate.

FYI, photo ops part of what administrations do? All presidents and first families do this why you so worked up now? Bigotry? Hate of democrats in general?

Old 02-09-2012, 10:59 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,646 times
Quote:
I have never seen such a blatant waste of taxpayer money all the glorify a President. These two are hopelessly hung up on themselves, not the betterment of those kids or anyone else. I can post a remedial version if that isn't clear enough....
Rick, it goes beyond mere narcissism. Bill Clinton is a narcissist but he didn't practice the cult of personality redolent of communist dictatorships like North Korea quite like the Obamas do. In his column in the Wall Street Journal today Daniel Henninger compares the U.S. in the last 40 years and, particularly, under Obama to communist Poland. The impulse and the direction is totalitarian. The power grab rivals what FDR did in the 30's but the method is the same. Hold the people in thrall to a charismatic figure as you pry from them control over every aspect of their lives. Case in point: Obamacare which aims to centralize control of healthcare in Washington--dictating what services insurance companies must cover, what care doctors can administer and prescribe, what services church-affiliated charitable institutions must provide to their employees. And that's just in the healthcare arena. The tenacles of the central government reach into virtually every area of our lives and the Obamas are all about enhancing the power of government over people's lives. To this point Obama has been hamstrung by the need to get re-elected. If he wins re-election there won't be anything holding him back. We can't afford another four years.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:52 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
Quote:
I have never seen such a blatant waste of taxpayer money all the glorify a President. These two are hopelessly hung up on themselves, not the betterment of those kids or anyone else. I can post a remedial version if that isn't clear enough....
Have you actually tried to figure out how much the bus trip would cost much less who is paying for it?

10,000 kids. How many buses? Seeing full size bus capacities vary between 60 and 90, 75 kids per bus seems fair. That would take about 135 buses with 135 drivers.

The average school bus driver is paid about $12 an hour. Assuming 3 hours in added pay $36 times 135 drivers would cost SOMEONE about $5000. For that price 10,000 kids get to meet several Olympic champions and a first lady. Seems like a great field trip. My favorite "assembly" as a kid was an event with Bob Feller, still recall that day in detail.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Whine Much?
Sure is a lot of buses for very little reason. Don't you think?

Old 02-10-2012, 09:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What does busing have to do with it? Who organized this event? Who decided to bus all of the kids to this location? Where is the Governor of that state and why hasn't he stepped in to stop it? Why is this a big issue? Something that is for kids is turned into a partisan complaint. Why?
I think that Michelle was involved in the busing plan. If not who was?

When can I expect your link about busing for Bush?

Old 02-11-2012, 12:52 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that Michelle was involved in the busing plan. If not who was?

When can I expect your link about busing for Bush?

When can we expect your link on the cost and coordinators of the busing? Provide the breakdown of how much the busing cost the tax payers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies