Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:09 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Kids getting a school bus ride to meet the American first lady personally is a waste of money..Quarter Billionaire hides money in offshore tax shelters, COOL!! We get it conservatives. We get it.
That over and over....has been proven he paid his taxes on....We get it liberals....if it does not fit your liking for the day....it's wrong, no matter if it's proven to be LEGAL...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 06:10 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That over and over....has been proven he paid his taxes on....We get it liberals....if it does not fit your liking for the day....it's wrong, no matter if it's proven to be LEGAL...
I would do the same thing to be honest

Old 02-08-2012, 06:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Yes and they take secret service with him believe it or not :roll eyes:.
Secret service goes with him no matter where he goes, just like Obama
Quote:
The team that protects him daily, goes with him wherever he goes.
Yep, and?
Quote:
You can look up photos of him at these locations and compare them with others and you seen the same principal agents protecting him and his family. What do you think, that they trust the security of the president to agents who barely see him ? And given the teams size they generally don't stay in his house, and rather rent houses close to him. So that, and the fuel for air force one, and the extra police presence that is incurred does cost the taxpayers some money.
Do you even know what Camp David is? They Are STILL paying for security protection there even when NOT IN USE

Old 02-08-2012, 06:11 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
"Thousands of students, several well-known athletes and a number of politicians are expected to join Michelle Obama for an event in Des Moines that will promote exercise and healthy eating. About 10,000 children will be bused to the event from 45 schools in the Des Moines area."

What a minute! Students from in and around Des Moines are going to an event in Des Moines via bus? My god! What has the world come to?!!!

Old 02-08-2012, 06:12 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I have never seen such a blatant waste of taxpayer money all the glorify a President. These two are hopelessly hung up on themselves, not the betterment of those kids or anyone else. I can post a remedial version if that isn't clear enough....
You seem very bitter as of late.

It really upsets you that we are heading towards 4 more years of Obama, doesn't it.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:12 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yeah, you clearly forgot who you were replying to, or maybe you forgot what you said

Nancy Reagan was promoting CONGRESSIONAL BILLS ALREADY PASSED, with spending that would take place, EVEN IF SHE WAS DEAD.

Not even close to the same. I give you a D-. I might raise this to a C- if you can tell me what Regan has to do with the Obama photo op, or are you just trying to deflect as usual?

Nah, you can keep your so called grading system, apparently you need it to learn a little history instead of attempting to change it.

Nancy began the program in 1981 and began touring around the country. The bill was not passed until 1986.

The Dare Program was Nancy Reagans project the same as the Health and Fitness was Bush Sr. Project which he appointed to Arnold Schwartzenegger, the same program that Michelle Obama has revived.

The complaint is Michelle using the kids as a photo op and wasting tax payer money. How in the heck is this any different from the other first ladies projects. One of THE MOST EXPENSIVE to the tax payers was Nancy Reagans Dare Program. Geesh, you were actually trying to spin that?

Old 02-08-2012, 06:16 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Secret service goes with him no matter where he goes, just like Obama

Yep, and?

Do you even know what Camp David is? They Are STILL paying for security protection there even when NOT IN USE
Guy,he spent a good portion of that at his ranch not just camp david. I think you are missing the point, the point is he spent 3 times as much vacation as this president did. so on all these trips all HIS extra expenses incurred can also be viewed as waste. Regardless if they travel with him or not, all that time he spent on vacations cost the taxpayers money they would of spent had he stayed in the white house. Since the right seems so fond of pissing when the current president takes a vacation and costs taxpayers money i figured they would like to admit they do it as well.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Nah, you can keep your so called grading system, apparently you need it to learn a little history instead of attempting to change it.

Nancy began the program in 1981 and began touring around the country. The bill was not passed until 1986.

The Dare Program was Nancy Reagans project the same as the Health and Fitness was Bush Sr. Project which he appointed to Arnold Schwartzenegger, the same program that Michelle Obama has revived.

The complaint is Michelle using the kids as a photo op and wasting tax payer money. How in the heck is this any different from the other first ladies projects. One of THE MOST EXPENSIVE to the tax payers was Nancy Reagans Dare Program. Geesh, you were actually trying to spin that?
Actually YOU are the one who needs the history lesson, unless you think the Anti Drug Abuse Act wouldnt have been signed into law had it not been for Nancy Reagan. Do you have anything at all to support this bs you ar trying to spin?

Old 02-08-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Guy,he spent a good portion of that at his ranch not just camp david. I think you are missing the point, the point is he spent 3 times as much vacation as this president did. so on all these trips all HIS extra expenses incurred can also be viewed as waste. Regardless if they travel with him or not, all that time he spent on vacations cost the taxpayers money they would of spent had he stayed in the white house. Since the right seems so fond of pissing when the current president takes a vacation and costs taxpayers money i figured they would like to admit they do it as well.
And when Bush was in DC, his ranch STILL HAD security protection.

Furthermore, he had dignitaries at both locations. THATS NOT A VACATION despite your left wing bs claims that it is.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:23 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I know, and you're cool with the very low rate he pays, but a short school bus trip for excitied kids is HORRIBLE....Dude, we know you're because her name is Obama. Still can't accept it. I know, it's going to be a long 5 years. Better have ample tissue available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies