Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2012, 10:12 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,703,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
A major city is supposed to be what it is.
lol, no. Detroit is not a typical major city (I assume you live here since you're defending it so heavily, and you should try leaving Michigan to visit a real major city for about a year to see that I'm right).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
You are an example of the type of people that try to FORCE homosexuality and try to promote it.
Why do you and others want to restrict the liberties of US citizens because they choose to mate in a way you disagree with?

Would you like it if whites were still allowed to restrict blacks from living in certain neighborhoods, working in certain occupation, making a certain amount of money, dating certain people or visiting certain establishment because they don't feel as if they're completely human or worthy enough to cohabitate amongst them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 11:34 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,294,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
lol, no. Detroit is not a typical major city (I assume you live here since you're defending it so heavily, and you should try leaving Michigan to visit a real major city for about a year to see that I'm right).

Why do you and others want to restrict the liberties of US citizens because they choose to mate in a way you disagree with?

Would you like it if whites were still allowed to restrict blacks from living in certain neighborhoods, working in certain occupation, making a certain amount of money, dating certain people or visiting certain establishment because they don't feel as if they're completely human or worthy enough to cohabitate amongst them?
No, I don't live in Detroit. Why would you even take a shot at jumping to that conclusion?

You are going a little too far with your claims about me. When did I restrict liberties of anyone because I called you out on how YOU are being silly for questioning why a city doesn't have enough gay people. Think about what you are doing and saying.

Where is all of this that you are posting coming from? You're going on and on about topics that are totally different subjects. Grow up, grow some thick skin and stop being mad that there aren't enough gay people out there for you to feel comfortable. Also, stop accusing people that could care less about the amount of gay people that are out there as restricting people's freedoms.

You all (people who try to convince everyone else to care about homosexuality when we really are happy being hetero and don't hurt or bother gay people) have to start realizing that the more you try to accuse us of things or question why we don't go out of our way to accept homosexuality the less we will care. I'm sorry, but it feels like the truth. Do your thing, live your life, but don't question us when we don't go out of our way to care. My thing is this: as long as people aren't committing hate crimes against gay people and hurting them, then I could care less. If people are getting hurt because they are gay, that's a problem.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:57 AM

2,399 posts, read 4,202,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
If God created everything and Adam & Steve are a part of that everything, then God created Adam & Steve.

No one is afraid of homosexuals? Then why would anyone feel inclined to treat them like garbage and deny them rights and equality? That's some welcoming committee! (see your hateful post above as another fine example of not being afraid, demonizing is sourced in fear)

You are wrong on both of your points.
God is right and you are WRONG!

You don't know more than God. If you do, then you deceive yourself.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Furthermore, being homophobic doesn't necessarily JUST mean you're "afraid" of homosexuals, rather it means you have any range of negative attitudes towards them (which can include the fear of them amongst others).
So you are against GOD'S teaching that says it is an abomination?

Old 02-09-2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Oh, I know..It's just funny and quite honestly pathetic that people really believe and quote that story. As a black man, I hear this foolishness regurgetated all damn day long by family members. They never stop to question their own beliefs which is why the homophobia just keeps spreading. They never leave "da lawd" bubble.
So you believe that we are here by chance? Seriously? The probability of that is nil.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:01 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,160,745 times
Quote:
Between Tracy Morgan's "comments" and Roland Martin's latest "statement", what the hell is wrong with blacks and homosexuality?

Then of course there's Detroit, which is 85% black and a supposed major city yet it doesn't have any type of gay community (one councilman now is techncially "gay", but he was only elected because he was a well-known news anchor).
Isn't the "black community" entitled to their own social norms? Are we all required to adopt white upper class social norms? We are a multicultural society. All of our cultures/subcultures are entitled to our own social norms.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Yes. You contradicted yourself. If you believe it's a sin you must have some kind of problem with it. It's not rocket science.
Homosexuality is a sin. It's an abomination to God. It results in lower life spans and higher rates of disease. Furthermore, it doesn't help in procreation.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:57 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,655,652 times
The black community generally hasn't fallen victim to the mind-killing disease that is Political Correctness. That is a good thing....no, a great thing.

There was a time when white middle class people were allowed to think their own thoughts as well. Perhaps the fact that the black community has largely been uninfected is our best hope for a return to normalcy and freedom of thought down the road. Down the road when enough people wake up to sheer madness of socially ostracizing anyone refusing to lead a cheer for perverse and repulsive sexual behavior.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:04 AM

24,366 posts, read 22,942,921 times
I saw that savage anti gay black on black assault in Atlanta Ga. a few days ago. Maybe its just the urban street thugs that are the most homphobic?

Old 02-09-2012, 06:09 AM

98 posts, read 81,445 times
Quote:
Did you know that the MSRP of the Govt Motors Chrysler 300 car is greater that the median home value in Detroit (the houses that are not half-burnt empty shells filled with rats & crackheads).

Must be a Great Place to Visit!!!

hahahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies