Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:32 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,742,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
LMAO..Found a wife from where..Did she just pop up? Lot a holes in that story.
I odn't disagree with you, but that's the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
So two people (entertainers no less) say insensitive things about gays and that constitutes that the black community is homophobic?

Whatever...Anyway, blame the slavemasters for forcing Christianity on us. Some now have a very strong belief system that has explicit views on homosexuality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
At least they're not as anti-gay as white Republicans.
LOL When you drop **** in the kitchen to you guys blame evil straight white people?

Old 02-08-2012, 07:36 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
I odn't disagree with you, but that's the story.
Oh, I know..It's just funny and quite honestly pathetic that people really believe and quote that story. As a black man, I hear this foolishness regurgetated all damn day long by family members. They never stop to question their own beliefs which is why the homophobia just keeps spreading. They never leave "da lawd" bubble.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:36 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
The OP poses a legitimate question. Exit polls in Prop 48 in CA show that blacks are clearly more homophobic than other races/ethnicities. This is why you have more black men on the "DL" bringing HIV and AIDS home to their black wives. Black married women have been getting this disease at an alarming rate in recent years. So the question remains WHY? Is it a religion thing? Is it poor education levels?
I don't see why it's so difficult for some to understand that many of us do not see it as a perfectly acceptable natural phenomenon like alot white people generally do. It has nothing to do with religion, education or the lack there of. Many of us are just not drawn to the idea same sex intimacy and marriages. Others of us are more "tolerant" of such behaviors but DO NOT believe that such tolerence is a substitution for endorsement.

A lot of black people simply see the acceptance of homosexuality in a tandem with other devient white related strange behaviors such as "thrill seeking" or allowing dogs to lick their faces. Being "gay & proud" and/or flamboyant is just something viewed as a "behavior" that many associate with as being "white."

Old 02-08-2012, 07:56 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I don't see why it's so difficult for some to understand that many of us do not see it as a perfectly acceptable natural phenomenon like alot white people generally do. It has nothing to do with religion, education or the lack there of. Many of us are just not drawn to the idea same sex intimacy and marriages. Others of us are more "tolerant" of such behaviors but DO NOT believe that such tolerence is a substitution for endorsement.

A lot of black people simply see the acceptance of homosexuality in a tandem with other devient white related strange behaviors such as "thrill seeking" or allowing dogs to lick their faces. Being "gay & proud" and/or flamboyant is just something viewed as a "behavior" that many associate with as being "white."
The reason why married women of color are getting AIDS is because there is a higher percentage black married men on the DL as compared to other races. They feel family pressure to get married, even when they know they are gay. Because they're in the closet, they do not seek education to protect themselves, bringing HIV and AIDS home to their wives. This is also why black gay men have a much higher AIDS rate than other races. The root of this problem stems from homophobic environments.

If you are not "drawn" to the idea of same sex intimacy and marriage, don't be intimate/get married to someone of the same sex. Let other people live their lives already. I still don't understand why in 2012, people are still so weak and insecure about their own sexuality. It's not about you. Get over it. BTW, being "tolerant" still means you are homophobic because it implies that there is something wrong with being gay, and there isn't. So, if being "tolerant" is the best you can do, then you have just proved the OP's point. Thank you. Game over.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:57 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Yes it does.
Can you explain this theory?

Old 02-08-2012, 08:01 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
LOL When you drop **** in the kitchen to you guys blame evil straight white people?
No, I don't. So what's your point?

Old 02-08-2012, 08:03 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Africans who practice traditional religions are not afraid of gays so we are not homophobic. How did that term become popular anyway?

Many Africans who practice traditional religions (ATR's) just don't like gays or consider homosexual lifestyles as valid/longterm expressions of human existence. There are some ATR's were homosexuality is ok and some where it is not. In some ATR's homosexual behavior is acceptable in certain contexts and completely unacceptable in others. And within each ATR it still boils down to how individual people feel. Yup....millions of different brains functioning independently of one another. We are not a monolith.
As far as I can tell is as long as an individual eventually gets or is married and has kids, homosexual acts are more or less tolerated in Ghana although illegal.

I think the difference is that in much of Africa as you point out the idea that someone's identity is gay is completely foreign. Frankly the idea that being gay as an identity is a recent Western idea.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Between Tracy Morgan's "comments" and Roland Martin's latest "statement", what the hell is wrong with blacks and homosexuality?

Then of course there's Detroit, which is 85% black and a supposed major city yet it doesn't have any type of gay community (one councilman now is techncially "gay", but he was only elected because he was a well-known news anchor).
It's just blacks? And I'm here thinking Whites, Latinos, Arabs, Asians were the homophobes!

Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Oh, I know..It's just funny and quite honestly pathetic that people really believe and quote that story. As a black man, I hear this foolishness regurgetated all damn day long by family members. They never stop to question their own beliefs which is why the homophobia just keeps spreading. They never leave "da lawd" bubble.
This is the written account of Adam’s family line. When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God. He created them male and female and blessed them. And he named them “Mankind” when they were created. When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth. After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters. Genesis 5:1-4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies