Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 12:20 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Does this mean that a number of our posters will be moving to Washington pretty soon now?
I'll do that when straight people are forced to move across the country away from their friends and family to marry.

for some reason they think that they shouldn't have to but we should... but let me guess.. gays are wanting special rights then.. RIGHT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 12:38 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,263,776 times
WA is a superb state. I wish PA was more like WA

Old 02-09-2012, 01:03 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Marriage is not a right. I'll try to read the Constitution again, maybe you guys are seeing something I'm not...
So if all marriages in the land were suddenly deemed invalid, you think that wouldn't be considered a civil right?

Old 02-13-2012, 08:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,509,934 times
The governor has signed it into law. 43 more states to go...
Quote:
"I'm proud our same-sex couples will no longer be treated as separate but equal," Christine Gregoire said, surrounded by gay rights supporters.
BBC News - Washington gay marriage bill signed into law

Congratulations Washingtonians!

Old 02-13-2012, 08:06 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The governor has signed it into law. BBC News - Washington gay marriage bill signed into law

Congratulations Washingtonians!
Yes, it's a great day for this state.

I really think Governor Gregoire did this from her heart.

Now I look forward to the day when all fifty states have marriage equality.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:48 PM

475 posts, read 648,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Have you lived in this state since she stole the governorship? The jury is still out on whether Gregoire actually has a heart

The reason she made this "bold" move was simply because she was not running for re-election this fall, she didn't have to worry about the backlash and she wanted to screw the non-liberals one last time

Old 02-13-2012, 08:56 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertrek50 View Post
Have you lived in this state since she stole the governorship? The jury is still out on whether Gregoire actually has a heart

The reason she made this "bold" move was simply because she was not running for re-election this fall, she didn't have to worry about the backlash and she wanted to screw the non-liberals one last time
"Stole" the election? LMAO

From that whiny ass Dino Rossi?

And which one did she "steal?" 2004 or 2008? Both?

Last I heard, she won fair and square. By a small margin, for sure, but however many recounts Rossi demanded didn't change the final count. She won. No stealing necessary.

I doubt she's spending her final months in office trying to figure out how to "screw" the non-liberals.

Marriage equality has come to the state - get over it.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,509,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Many thanks go to Republican Maureen Walsh speaking from the heart.

Amazing Gay Marriage Speech Goes Viral (Maureen Walsh) - YouTube

Your right Cinebar, may the day we all not treated as second class citizen.

Equality

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-14-2012 at 05:46 AM..

Old 02-13-2012, 09:12 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,918 times
Who cares. State rights are guaranteed in the constitution. If their voters want it, their business.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:39 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Lawmakers in Washington State voted 55-43 Wednesday in favor of a bill that would legalize same-sex marriage

read more Washington state legislature votes to approve same-sex marriage - CNN.com
Not to be a wet blanket, but how many of those states actually 'approved' gay marriage ? 2, 3 ? The rest had ssm imposed by courts.

Before anyone jumps in with 'rights are not up for a vote,' ssm isn't a right until voters, elected officials, or a court says it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies