Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 07:55 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,073,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not the day you take the job. But you can't work there for 4 years and still claim the guy before you did a lousy job and that's why you are doing a lousy job. No company will buy that for 4 years.

Yet many Dems do.
That is the report they posted, the increase is from 2005 to 2010. Reading comprehension helps. You can't take measurements from 2005-2010 and say they magically apply 2 years later (just cause you magically know)...especially applying it to all of 2012 when the report came out in February.

If you want to prove Obama is doing a lousy job, then prove it using facts and not raving. Not an outdated series of graphs that are largely from the guy before him. If you don't need to lie in order to do so, then don't. Such as trying to convince people a series of data from 4 years before he was elected somehow applies now. It only makes your point look weaker.

Taking things Bush did and reviling Obama for it is a sign of insanity. Yet many of the Repugs like to do it. Turn about is always fair play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 08:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,631,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
That is the report they posted, the increase is from 2005 to 2010. Reading comprehension helps. You can't take measurements from 2005-2010 and say they magically apply 2 years later (just cause you magically know)...especially applying it to all of 2012 when the report came out in February.

If you want to prove Obama is doing a lousy job, then prove it using facts and not raving. Not an outdated series of graphs that are largely from the guy before him. If you don't need to lie in order to do so, then don't. Such as trying to convince people a series of data from 4 years before he was elected somehow applies now. It only makes your point look weaker.

Taking things Bush did and reviling Obama for it is a sign of insanity. Yet many of the Repugs like to do it. Turn about is always fair play.
I didn't post any graphs. But 2009 and 2010 belong to Obama, not Bush.
And any job will hold YOU responsible for the work the day you take the job. They may give you some leeway if the guy before you did a lousy job but you can't cling to that excuse for very long. If you do then they'll just look for someone else who CAN do the job and not spend their time making excuses.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I didn't post any graphs. But 2009 and 2010 belong to Obama, not Bush.
And any job will hold YOU responsible for the work the day you take the job. They may give you some leeway if the guy before you did a lousy job but you can't cling to that excuse for very long. If you do then they'll just look for someone else who CAN do the job and not spend their time making excuses.
So the OP is irrelevant to your argument? Why are you posting in support of it then?

The OP is already been proven a pretty raging lie, yet you seem to keep posting that...it's okay since you don't like Obama anyways. I may not like you, but is it okay if some one told me you were a child molester (which I knew was a lie) because I don't like you?

There are no excuses. Just your belief in a fictitious world where lies are okay if you hate some one enough.

That type of personality is already described in detail by Bob Altemeyer, and why it's not the sign of a healthy mind or political view.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
So the OP is irrelevant to your argument? Why are you posting in support of it then?

The OP is already been proven a pretty raging lie, yet you seem to keep posting that...it's okay since you don't like Obama anyways. I may not like you, but is it okay if some one told me you were a child molester (which I knew was a lie) because I don't like you?

There are no excuses. Just your belief in a fictitious world where lies are okay if you hate some one enough.

That type of personality is already described in detail by Bob Altemeyer, and why it's not the sign of a healthy mind or political view.
Really..there are no excuses ? Then why are Dems still chanting "Bush's fault" 3.5 years later ?

Old 05-12-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Really..there are no excuses ? Then why are Dems still chanting "Bush's fault" 3.5 years later ?
Assigning "Dems" a singular worldview where everyone marches in lockstep is called black and white thinking. A gross oversimplification of the world at large and a gross fallacy. If you really cannot think of the world without shades of grey you should work on that.

Assigning your opponent to that thinking because I don't agree with you is a straw-man argument. You are addressing this fictitious worldview that you have already decided what my worldviews already are...not what I am saying. Personally I am not even sure what you are raving about anymore...it certainly is not this topic.

I am addressing this topic and the OP in reality, you are addressing this weird thought in your head.

These are also covered in Bob Altemeyer's book involving the same personality problem. It's a free download so you can easily afford to correct that problem.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Assigning "Dems" a singular worldview where everyone marches in lockstep is called black and white thinking. A gross oversimplification of the world at large and a gross fallacy. If you really cannot think of the world without shades of grey you should work on that.

Assigning your opponent to that thinking because I don't agree with you is a straw-man argument. You are addressing this fictitious worldview that you have already decided what my worldviews already are...not what I am saying. Personally I am not even sure what you are raving about anymore...it certainly is not this topic.

I am addressing this topic and the OP in reality, you are addressing this weird thought in your head.

These are also covered in Bob Altemeyer's book involving the same personality problem. It's a free download so you can easily afford to correct that problem.
54% still blame Bush as of January 2012.
The economy? It’s still Bush’s fault - The Washington Post

And members of the administration are blaming Bush.
Bush
A White House official said the cost of the annual conference began exploding during the Bush administration.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:47 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,386,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I would like to see the number say 8 months in vs now. IE when you can realistically expect Obama policies to have ANY effect.

Obama could have done everything a tea party guy guy wanted in his wet dream and the unemployment rate from jan to feb 2009 would have gone from 7.8 to 8.3.
He's had 3+ years, plus the previous 2 years of liberal control of the House and Senate (when they really fouled things up), what makes you think something magical is going to happen in the next 8 months that hasn't in the past 40 months of Obama and 64 months of Democrat policies?

They say the economy turns like a tanker, not a speedboat, but so far Obama hasn't shown any signs of even being at the helm much less making a turn.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,476,096 times
This is what happens when you have gone through a very severe economic contraction. Recovery takes a long time. This index would have said the same thing if Romney, McCain, or Jesus had been president these past few years.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:53 AM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
This is definitely not a good thing!
Of course dependency on federal assistance has increased under Obama, Bush saw to that! Bush created the mess, and left Obama to mop up after him, and with a broken mop, at that. And with such a debt-burdened budget, that Obama has nothing to work with, nowhere to go for stimulus funds, but more debt. And what do many of our members want to do to "solve" the problem? Block any tax increases and slash federal spending even more! Causing more joblessness, and MORE dependence on unemployment insurance and welfare! Great solution gang--just repeat the strategies that got the fed. budget into this mess in the first place, yeah, that'll work!

Old 05-12-2012, 09:56 AM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
They say the economy turns like a tanker, not a speedboat, but so far Obama hasn't shown any signs of even being at the helm much less making a turn.
haha, yeah, and if he had shown signs of being at the helm, like raising taxes, you'd be clucking and fussing about that, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies