Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:11 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Nope, I've just seen first hand what an assault weapon can do to a human body. I actually love the 2nd amendment.

Wrong again.

You know what happens when you ASSume.

Really? Can you explain what an assault weapon can do to a human body that a gun that's not an assault weapon can't?

Just so you know, the rifle that was used to record the longest range kill in history is not an assault weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 11:12 AM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
History has shown us legislation won't change that, it will only affect those willing to abide by the law.
Uh, yes it will.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:13 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Is this really news to anyone?

Old 02-09-2012, 11:14 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,560 times
Ten years of FAILURE has already been proven. The sunset of the '94-'04 AWB was just that. Ten years of BS that stopped nothing but being a real pain in the ass for legal firearm owners. It didn't work, and was let to expire. Only a fool believes a criminal obtains their weapons legally anyway. They are stolen or bought second hand used or in straw purchases. You do nothing to stop them from getting what they want. They can't own the damn thing in the first place. Stealing it from an FFL was just another felony added to their rap sheet. Some people can be really ignorant when they blabber about things they don't have a clue on.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:18 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
How many people per year are killed with "assualt weapons?"

do you mean a real assault rifle or a military look alike rifle?

Old 02-09-2012, 11:19 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Uh, yes it will.
History proves you wrong. That you smile with glee at the mere idea of infringing upon the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves from felons makes me wonder if you may have something personal to gain in disarming innocent/law abiding people. Are you a predator in waiting for unarmed victims?

Old 02-09-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
So, Chris Christie is a progressive?

Also, how is a ban on assault rifles an infringement of the 2nd Amendment? If it is, I should be allowed to buy a bazooka, anti-aircraft missiles, and a tank. The Supreme Court was very clear that Congress has a right to reasonably regulate firearms. As such, impeachment over this is nothing more than a right-wing wet-dream.

please try and read the federalist papers. this subject was discussed in them. The 2nd Amendment is there so we the people can be supplied with the same sort of weapons as our infantrymen. meaning rifles, pistols and the like, not crew served weapons.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:22 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Holder has been stonewalling congress long enough. Congress should start impeachment procedings against him.

All tyrants want weapons banned, as it is a threat to them. It is not surprising at all that the new fascists, the left, want to ban citizens from owning guns such that they are then easy prey for the government (see Syria).

Old 02-09-2012, 11:23 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Nope, I've just seen first hand what an assault weapon can do to a human body. I actually love the 2nd amendment.

Wrong again.

You know what happens when you ASSume.
Please define assault weapon. Is it a military looking rifle capable of semi automatic fire?
What if you took that hard ware and installed it into a plain wooden stock?
I target shoot a lot. I used to compete as a matter of fact. What amazed me was how poorly so many cops shoot. High fiving each other for a five inch group at ten meters. If I shot a five inch group at 25 meters I would put my weapon away and take up needle point.
I would watch them handle their weapons and cringe. Looking for their safety!!!!!!

Old 02-09-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
You appear to support an assault weapons ban. Please explain why. Also, I'm pretty sure the talk of impeachment is for Holder due to Fast & Furious. It's not regarding an assault weapons ban.

I really like the wording of AWB 94, when none of the firearms listed were assault weapons. not one at all.

all true assault weapons are already covered under NFA34 and AWB could not cover them at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies