Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 07:37 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

Have one child or 7 children, does not make one a better or less of a President.

We have someone with only 2 children, And he can't seem to lead this Country, with only 2 children. How many children a couple plan to have, is of no one's business, not mine or any of you!

And with only 2 children, Obama, cannot seem to lead this gosh dang Country, and head it in the direction where it should be. Fool yourself about the economy, go head, keep on telling yourselves, this is great, and we are doing much better. Better, if so, housing and unemployment and the businessess that are closing, would not be happening.

Strict Catholics i know are not happy with this new contraceptive issue.

There is not only a war on women, the Government is waging a war, on us the people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 07:54 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
for what crime? making sure that americans are covered by insurance and can get medical care is a crime?
Yes! It is a very Muslim terrorist thing to do.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:56 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,359 times
What rights did women have when the Constitution was ratified? Women were generally denied basic rights; they could not vote, own property, keep their own earnings, or even custody of their children. Did the founding fathers forget women when they drafted the Constitution? When did women get their rights in the United States? What was the source of those rights? Is there not even now a proposal for an amendment to the Constitution to guarantee equal rights under the law regardless of sex?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:00 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Randi Rhodes

Could not resist posting this. You cannot beat Progressives/Liberals for their sense of humor.
Yes! Abolish BC! Promote rape & treachery! Maintain defense of marital slavery and manipulative domestic abuse! Underground abortion clinics are so much better! Empty suit Republican males & misogynistic Catholic dogma are the inspiration for the other half of the species to become lesbians en masse. I'm just sayin...

Gentlemen, if you were female, wouldn't you carry a gelding knife if ever they came near you? Abortion, and anti-BC anti-abortion loud mouths, solved!

Old 02-09-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Liberals: EQUALITY FOR ALL GENDERS EXCEPT FOR
  • Divorce laws
  • Child custody hearings
  • spousal abuse
  • domestic disputes
  • false accusations of rape
  • employment eligibility
  • college acceptances
  • scholarships
  • assault
That would be a list of grievances you'd have against social conservative women preying on males. Is there some reason THEY are not accountable for themselves?
Why YES! I remember why! THEY voted against ERA to derive benefit from the law but not be beholden to it themselves!

Old 02-09-2012, 08:05 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,359 times
Men have no say in anything. It is the woman that chooses the man. It is the woman that chooses to conceive. It is the woman that chooses otherwise.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
All businesses run by Catholics do follow the same laws.

Key word being businesses. Which Church hospitals are not.
Church hospitals aren't businesses? Coulda fooled me:

John Sackett | Avista Adventist Hospital | Louisville

JOHN SACKETT, CEO of Avista Adventist Hospital

Centura Health names CEO for St. Anthony Hospital - Denver Business Journal

this company announced Thursday it has hired a veteran director of a Chicago-area faith-based hospital to serve as CEO for the newly relocated St. Anthony Hospital.

Exempla CEO Leadership
Bob Ladenburger is President and Chief Executive Officer of Exempla Healthcare, a not-for-profit health care system in Denver. Exempla Healthcare is comprised of Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center, Exempla Lutheran Medical Center, Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital, and Exempla Physician Network.

Just a few examples from my area. What, pray tell (no pun intended) would a non-business need a CEO for?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:11 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Liberals: EQUALITY FOR ALL GENDERS EXCEPT FOR
  • Divorce laws
  • Child custody hearings
  • spousal abuse
  • domestic disputes
  • false accusations of rape
  • employment eligibility
  • college acceptances
  • scholarships
  • assault
Nice summary. Puts things in perspective.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:15 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
As I have stated numerous times, we should either go full on UHC, or none at all from the federal government.
None at all would be best.

Quote:
The government mandating insurance coverage for all by private institutions is just asking for trouble.
Agreed, but politicians had to pay someone back in their quid pro quo.

Quote:
Americans wouldn't tolerate letting people die in the streets from lack of healthcare. So, we should have a universal system, IMO. It should be passed, a constitutional amendment passed, and nationalize the healthcare industry.
Yes, because, as you can see if you're looking for a new doctor in a new town, Medicare is awesome. In the past three days I've had 5 people ask me where I go to for my doctor because physicians are no longer accepting new Medicare patients.

Quote:
Opponents would say that government programs aren't run well. Social security is a fine program, if we took the contributions out of the general funds. Medicare isn't a bad program either, its increased costs are due to the fact that other people aren't insured and get coverage anyway under the emergency medical treatment act that Reagan signed.
That's not true at all. It cost more because government started subsidizing it and started a one-size-fits-all policy.

Quote:
I would personally prefer things to be run on a state level, as I think a federal program would be bloated and have considerable waste. But that just isn't realistic.
Sure it is. And the people who wanted their state to control their healthcare could move to those states. Likewise with those who think the federal government is inept and can't even pass a budget.

The latter at this point and time is absolutely correct.

Quote:
a often capitalized : the distribution of power in an organization (as a government) between a central authority and the constituent units — compare centralism b : support or advocacy of this principle
Federalism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Old 02-09-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
All businesses run by Catholics do follow the same laws.

Key word being businesses. Which Church hospitals are not.
Ahhh but they are! Can't have it both ways. Religion? Corporation? Or are they an alternative Catholic government entity? The gated closed community plan is available in free society for them to opt into at any time. Hire Catholics, treat only Catholics, no dogs or gays allowed to satisfy stringent ideology. Within that fence there will be no room for boundary arguments and the script for BC will not be filled because practicing Catholics committed to the Catechism would not, of their own volition, fill that script. So your argument is utter BS. Go to your room!

Ownership of free society by religion is a no no. Unless they want the bill in full born on themselves. We could do that too. Full scale accountability would tax the Church for the social ills THEY CREATED. Has a nice ring of justice to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies