Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 12:37 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times

Advertisements

Naw, no GOP War on Women going on here.

Violence Against Women Act Becomes Partisan Issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 12:57 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Naw, no GOP War on Women going on here.

Violence Against Women Act Becomes Partisan Issue
Why does this not shock me?

Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
What annoys me most is that these people who don't want to provide contraceptives don't remember that birth control isn't always controlling fertility. Women use it for other health issues, too, and should have access to that.
Who's denying women contraceptives? According to the libs 97% of women are using some form of artifical birth control. There isn't an access problem in this country. So there must be another reason that Obama is mandating that health insurance plans cover contraceptives. That's right--it's a blatant appeal to women for votes. Pure and simple. And in order to do this Obama's willing to trample the rights of conscience of Catholic institutions. And libs will back him no matter the cost to religious freedom. Wow!

Old 02-16-2012, 02:26 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You never give enough info in your posts to let anyone know exactly what you are talking about.
Please work on your communication skills so the rest of us dont have to guess what it is you are trying to say.
I think if you'd read who I was adressing you would've figured it out, you just post and type the first thing you see. Don't blame me for your quick to type reaction!!

Old 02-16-2012, 02:38 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Who's denying women contraceptives? According to the libs 97% of women are using some form of artifical birth control. There isn't an access problem in this country. So there must be another reason that Obama is mandating that health insurance plans cover contraceptives. That's right--it's a blatant appeal to women for votes. Pure and simple. And in order to do this Obama's willing to trample the rights of conscience of Catholic institutions. And libs will back him no matter the cost to religious freedom. Wow!
Yeah, we'll kiss any politicians arse as long as he gives us wimmens free BC.
Tell the truth, you just dont like women, do you?

Old 02-16-2012, 02:40 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Randi Rhodes

Could not resist posting this. You cannot beat Progressives/Liberals for their sense of humor.
The GOP is getting desperate, but this is only going to put them deeper in the hole. It reminds me of 1996 when the GOP was throwing the kitchen sink at Clinton's re-election campaign. The difference then was that in 1996 there were at least some moderates left in the party, but now it's just all-rage all the time. Won't work though.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:44 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post

It's about providing a standard level of care. Free mammograms have been mandated too. Sure, everyone has ACCESS to a mammogram but not everyone gets it paid for. Yes, the government has determined that having a routine mammogram is beneficial to the women in our country and they want every to be able to afford it. A mammogram is expensive if your insurance does not cover it.

I have no idea how much contraception is without insurance. I know that generic versions can be as low as $9 per month, some brand name versions are MUCH higher and it often takes many attempts to find a brand that works for you without causing any problems.

So the government decided that contraception was another standard service that they wanted everyone to be able to afford. Period.

I'm sure there are woman who probably would vote strictly on the fact that they got a $30 a month break on pills but not everyone is like that. If I don't like Obama, no free mammogram is going to change my vote.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:51 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
They might actually have to grow up and be real men.
Thats not gonna happen in my lifetime, but it might in my daughters.
HA!! You'd have laughed hard in a Catholic forum elsewhere when I bare knuckle wiped the floor with these jokers whining about feminists ruined "their world their world" like wicked witches of the west melting in a puddle.

I didn't steal your manhood, it's lying there on the floor of a brothel right where you left it. Quit sniveling like biddies and pick it up!

The mods were forced to shut the thread down because they had to cut down 6 'postal' posts after I said it. Yipe! yipe! yipe! Git goin ya aig suckin sheep stealin son of a stuffed monkey! I didn't say that part but it was exactly what I was thinking. Maybe sometime women ought to gift humanity an addendum to the Bible. "Dumb sh*t grown boys do, and this is what it looks like!" Then take over the job of recording the moral HERstory of our species and our country. Their feelings will be very hurt, but character building exercises are a good thing.

I truly wish they didn't shut the thread down. I would have continued running them down until I broke every last crazy house mirror. Any male requiring this amount of supervision at this late date in his life is an unfit husband, unfit father, and unfit for civilization. These blow hard empty suit rapscallions had the gall to call themselves Catholic.

Speaking of generations, here's something else the Vatican never knew about marriage. Great great great Grammy was right. Disrespect their mother? Toss their bed in the barn until they learn how to act. His would be wife, if he should ever manage to master his own pitiful self, might thank you later. And Grandma was right as well. A man loses control of himself at the family table, have the family pick up their plates and vote with their feet elsewhere. Time for a picnic, kids! Give him the whole table that was to graciously feed many by the labors of love from 2. Give him the whole room to his territorial amphibian brain. Give him the whole house if need be all by his lonesome self worshipping self. It might occur to him the difference between a house and family he 'owns' and a home WE, a real family, SHARE. He fell in love with his career and his truck and forgot all the other priceless intangibles that defy accountant ledger books.

And THERE Vatican "experts", is a PROPER defense of marriage. Not sending mankind on yet another FOOLS ERRAND running gays down over the argument going on in their own, and YOUR own, bloodthirsty freak show mirror heads.

So kshe, don't pin idealistic hopes so far in the future when it's available to you right in this moment, right there in your marriage. Leading by positive example is the best immunization you can ever give your daughter and your son alike. They'll know better whats foul, what to spit out, and paying it forward in the community and the world becomes a whole other immunization. That's the stuff that made MLK generation strong & truly righteous. Leaving kids blind & ignorant of evil is an act of betrayal, and tough love is self indulgent BS from talentless parents avoiding the job of teaching & demanding blind obedience bots. It has never worked and forcing another round of that crap on the flock isn't anything I'm willing to remain silent about. Not just no, HELL NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I would love to know how many of those catholic voters were men. Do you know because that makes a huge difference.
Any statisticians know how many Catholics are standing outside the Church? ::crickets:::

I wonder if Obama knows the full depth/ breadth of vicious passive aggressive sheep stealing 'holy wars' going on right here in America. PsyOps and religion is a deadly combination, and the ends do not justify the means. He's masterfully sidestepping steaming piles of dung, but pointing out the therapy these 'players' are needful of attending on their own dime would be quite a refreshing change of venue. Don't you think?

Old 02-16-2012, 03:15 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
I think we are watching the beginning of a big explosion of women's outrage against the RW highjacked Republican Party.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:07 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Ben E. King - Stand By Me - YouTube
Enough with the hollow romance. You've got to be something other than a zombie to stand next to in the first place. Think hard what it is Eve ever truly loved about Adam. When his moral compass was tuned right in trinity, life is good. When he hotwires his own moral compass, and her own by force/ demands of blind obedience, hell in a hand basket is sure to follow. There's a fib they told themselves in Genesis. When you truly honor thy mother and father equally, you'll see better these demented theologians for who they are.

In case you didn't notice the nations true therapists are on strike for 'omnipotent' morons unwilling to learn preferring 'therapy' from prostitutes. You'll find respect, pay us well, and refrain from violence. Or ELSE we're shooting back if you dare darken our door with your petulant demands for breast milk from every woman you meet.

Speaking of tunes, perhaps you've heard a shot across the bow from the kids... "I don't want no scrubs"?

Whenever you're ready to admit your soul is in a pawn shop through your own negligence, and ASK NICE, we (womankind) just might help you out. Or you can live in your brothel. Choice is yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies