Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 01:47 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,006,854 times

Advertisements

Cav Scout wife, you've proven that a picture is worth a thousand words. I hope that some of the vehemement anti-choice people take the time to step back from their emotions and see the reality here. They've been misled in many ways by an alliance of cynical politicians and religious leaders in order to further a political agenda, and by all rights they should feel that they've been used. They can't understand that a fetus isn't viable outside of the womb before 4 months, and even then the chances for survival are low. Thanks for the powerful visual aid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 02:28 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,041,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCT33145 View Post
The OP is bias, there is no such thing as a war on women, if there is a war then is on men.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:26 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,755,915 times
Default Uncivilized war- Strong metaphors for virulent morons

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I wholeheartedly agree.
Vampires aren't fit for civilization and aren't compatible with life itself.

When your politics insist on dictating the tyrannical terms of zero sum games inflicted on my country(wo)men, why not drop this cowardly yap dog routine petitioning someone else to do your dirty work for you? Man up and challenge me to a duel in fine American tradition. Leave legislation and kids (unborn and born alike) out of it.

You want to go... I've sworn an oath to uphold my country. I consider it a public service.

#729) THE WAR OF THE ROSES (1989) - YouTube

Or this... when you figure out who and what had your back all along.

Mr and Mrs Smith Final Fight - YouTube

Choose wisely, traitor. I can assure you this nation was not forged by a collection of weak willed hot house tomatoes worshiping your vampire arse.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:52 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,571,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Meanwhile, those of us who should be a lock for the GOP (i.e., white, married, monogamous, Christian, upper-middle class, fiscally-conservative SAHMs) are struggling to understand how our party has fallen victim to the sex police. It used to be amusing; now it's terrifying. I never thought I'd see the day when a front-running GOP candidate would be filmed openly promoting an anti-birth control agenda. How did we get here?
we have been there, you are out of place!!!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:05 PM

18,671 posts, read 33,286,569 times
"They can't understand that a fetus isn't viable outside of the womb before 4 months, and even then the chances for survival are low."

There is no survival outside the womb before four months- that would actually be a miscarriage.
There can be survival by about 24 weeks but is very iffy and often/usually results in severe brain damage/disability. True for several weeks after that, obviously, each week of gestation increases the chances of survival, but the relationship is still that of a parasite to a host.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:39 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,401,256 times
I bludgeon a few just tonight. I dragged them back to my cave and forced them to watch Sex In The City while doing their nails and bragging about all the guys they were able to sucker into buying them things, lots of things.

Okay, I'm just joking about bludgeoning them.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:43 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,540,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I have a real concern about a federal over step here.

Do I think its necessarily a bad idea for hospitals and schools that are paid for by the Catholic church to have to supply their employees with the option of a insurance plan that pays for birth control?

No.

Do I have realistic fears about federal overstep and the next time it may be something that I don't agree with? Yep.

The federal government should either supply everyone with health insurance, or stay the hell out of it.

The in between and the "we'll pass this stipulation" and "we'll follow this precedent" has what has allowed for dramatic over reach of federal powers that most Americans don't agree with at some point or another.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
I totally agree!!!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:49 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Vampires aren't fit for civilization and aren't compatible with life itself.

When your politics insist on dictating the tyrannical terms of zero sum games inflicted on my country(wo)men, why not drop this cowardly yap dog routine petitioning someone else to do your dirty work for you? Man up and challenge me to a duel in fine American tradition. Leave legislation and kids (unborn and born alike) out of it.

You want to go... I've sworn an oath to uphold my country. I consider it a public service.

#729) THE WAR OF THE ROSES (1989) - YouTube

Or this... when you figure out who and what had your back all along.

Mr and Mrs Smith Final Fight - YouTube

Choose wisely, traitor. I can assure you this nation was not forged by a collection of weak willed hot house tomatoes worshiping your vampire arse.
LOL! I have no doubt you could whup his butt with one hand tied behind your back,

Old 03-02-2012, 07:51 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I bludgeon a few just tonight. I dragged them back to my cave and forced them to watch Sex In The City while doing their nails and bragging about all the guys they were able to sucker into buying them things, lots of things.

Okay, I'm just joking about bludgeoning them.
You were doing their nails?

Old 03-02-2012, 07:56 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,401,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You were doing their nails?
LOL. Yeah... I just assumed since they can't provide for themselves because of their insensate whining they couldn't figure out how to do that for themselves.

I was wrong, they, at the bare minimum, could do their own nails. Now asking them to provide for their own sexual escapades was an entirely different situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies