Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 01:24 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,317,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The First Lady wants to tell grown adults what to eat and you find objection to that baseless?

Wait.....are you a liberal per chance???
Hey slick rick, she made a comment don't get you panties in a bunch! She did not pressure her husband to stop providing hormones riddled meat to the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 01:26 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,636 times
What a non-issue if there ever was one. Why is this thread so absurdly long?

Old 02-10-2012, 01:30 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
"First lady Michelle Obama and Pentagon officials announced the effort Thursday during a visit to Little Rock Air Force Base in Arkansas, where the military has been experimenting with ways to improve the quality and variety of foods served on base. The first lady toured a gleaming cafeteria line, then announced the program in a dining hall filled with service members whose plates were overflowing with salad greens, broccoli and whole grains."

“You all look really good, really fit,” she told the airmen. “Thank you for eating your vegetables. We need you strong.”

She encouraged healthy habits during a visit with individual airmen at their tables."

“Don’t worry, you’ll be a vegetable guy soon,” she reassured one airman."

Does she not know how irritatingly condescending this sounds???

(Even if you agree with the program)
All this right-wing whining about the First Lady suggesting that people, especially chidren, eat healthy is only doing one thing, making the right-wing look like a bunch of idiots. Come on folks, the First Lady is forcing no one to do anything, she is just trying to make people more aware of the foods they eat and that there are healthy alternatives, yet you seem to find fault with it. Why is it that I KNOW if the Obama's were Republicans you would be praising her efforts.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:31 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Other than the part about being married to the president, I suspect you're really talking about your own wife.

Why else all the hate on a woman who is smart, personable, warm, very physically fit, and beautiful except that you're jealous that your own wife can't hold a candle to her?
Well, well, well, well- well

Look at the libbies coming out in defense of Mooshelle. Of course when Barbara Bush was called ugly they snickered but now that the POTUS has a D after his name it's Ooooooooo so scandalous!
Also, I wonder if the personal attack against me here would be a violation of the TOS. Of course I'm well within the TOS discussing Michelle Obama in the P&OC forum since she is a political figure. However, I'm sure well all know that I'd sooner be banned for discussing this than the poster who made the personal attack would be. So as far as the leftists are concerned attacks on my wife are fair game but Michelle Obama is off limits. Is that correct?

Old 02-10-2012, 01:33 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If you prefer meat, by all means eat meat, but the protien thing is nonsense.
Vegetables Deliver Protein with Micronutrients : Disease Proof
There are many vegan athletes out there ranging from runners, to bodybuilders to boxers who are ahead of their game and winning medals.
List Of Vegan Athletes
I didn't think you were stopping me, I guess all sides have a story. Seems to me winning medals and running are different then what military guys do. Their not out trying to win a medal, they carry heavy gear all day long and need muscle to maintain there strength.

The Best Foods to Eat for Muscle Growth | eHow.com

Jeff Behar, a natural bodybuilding champion and CEO, considers lean red meat (sirloin, flank and top round) the ultimate animal protein. Red meat contains high levels of zinc, iron and B vitamins. According to fitness expert Jillian Michaels, however, red meat should always be grass fed and organic, to avoid toxins and hormones.

Healthy Meat & Vegetable Diet | eHow.com

Old 02-10-2012, 01:34 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,654 times
Quote:

Look at the libbies coming out in defense of Mooshelle. Of course when Barbara Bush was called ugly they snickered but now that the POTUS has a D after his name it's Ooooooooo so scandalous!
Also, I wonder if the personal attack against me here would be a violation of the TOS. Of course I'm well within the TOS discussing Michelle Obama in the P&OC forum since she is a political figure. However, I'm sure well all know that I'd sooner be banned for discussing this than the poster who made the personal attack would be. So as far as the leftists are concerned attacks on my wife are fair game but Michelle Obama is off limits. Is that correct?

Whining/griping/hating the first lady (regardless of which first lady) is just tacky and ignorant so if you want to continue.....well we'll know exactly who and what you are.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
We cannot really get on anyone's case about who they find attractive or not!!!!!!!!!

Remember that thing, called beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What one person finds attractive, someone else may find disgusting,, and that too is their opinion.

I don't see anything really wrong per say, with Michelle, wanting adults to eat better and healthier, but come one now, if adults wanted to, would they really need Michelle for this.

Every one of us knows what to eat, and it is a balanced diet with plenty of exercise, and drinking fluids. Protein for muscle, not veggies.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:

Come on be serious Barbara bush looked like that dude on the dollar bill

Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I didn't think you were stopping me, I guess all sides have a story. Seems to me winning medals and running are different then what military guys do. Their not out trying to win a medal, they carry heavy gear all day long and need muscle to maintain there strength.

The Best Foods to Eat for Muscle Growth | eHow.com

Jeff Behar, a natural bodybuilding champion and CEO, considers lean red meat (sirloin, flank and top round) the ultimate animal protein. Red meat contains high levels of zinc, iron and B vitamins. According to fitness expert Jillian Michaels, however, red meat should always be grass fed and organic, to avoid toxins and hormones.

Healthy Meat & Vegetable Diet | eHow.com
Huh, she was at an Air Force Base, if she was at a Marine post or even a Army post I would be inclined to believe you, but Airmen (not all but most) do not engage alot of heavy gear carrying but do alot of mental work

Old 02-10-2012, 01:47 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,676 times
Quote:

It was actually pretty stupid, since they don't know what your wife looks like. Where as everyone can clearly see Michelle is a hag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies