Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 04:16 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times

Advertisements

Yep, first the Keystone payback and now this. All courtesy of the US taxpayer for throwing his support behind Obama's class warfare "Buffett" tax.

How do liberals defend this chronyism by the Obama administration? How's that oligarchy treating you? Are you making hundreds of millions off of it like Obama's friends?

Warren Buffett Stands to Profit Handsomely From Mortgage Abuse Settlement | TheBlaze.com

Yoooo hoooooo, OWS, are you paying attention?

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 02-11-2012 at 04:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 04:27 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,398,237 times
Yep, he needs the money

Old 02-11-2012, 04:39 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yep, first the Keystone payback and now this. All courtesy of the US taxpayer for throwing his support behind Obama's class warfare "Buffett" tax.

How do liberals defend this chronyism by the Obama administration? How's that oligarchy treating you? Are you making hundreds of millions off of it like Obama's friends?

Warren Buffett Stands to Profit Handsomely From Mortgage Abuse Settlement | TheBlaze.com

Who cares. He has spent years investing and living frugally. When you accomplish what he has I wonder if you would be complaining about YOUR gains.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:41 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Who cares. He has spent years investing and living frugally. When you accomplish what he has I wonder if you would be complaining about YOUR gains.
Are you naive or do you think it is perfectly acceptable for Buffett to profit from inside information from the Obama administration, is that correct, or, did you perhaps fail to read the article in its entirety?

Old 02-11-2012, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Are you naive or do you think it is perfectly acceptable for Buffett to profit from inside information from the Obama administration, is that correct, or, did you perhaps fail to read the article in its entirety?

I could care less what you or Buffet or the poster ahead of me does with their lives.

It does NOT affect my real life one way or the other. All I said was the Original Poster would NOT be complaining if it was THEM who had all the gains there would be NO complaints (in my opinion).

The only reason I even posted on this thread is because I am extremely bored but awake because I have a tremendous cold and cannot sleep well.

If you are going to correct or challenge every post that comes along I suppose you are going to be very busy and it will show clearly that YOU alone are absolutely correct and no one else is allowed to have an opinion that goes against what YOU believe to be true.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:15 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:

I don't get this whole settlement thing....
Those already foreclosed will get pittance.
Does not include mortgages that were hyper inflated
before 2008. Nor Freddie/Fannie Government Mortgages -
30 M. Only applies to privately held mortgages.

The middle class that bought homes before 2008 are
the ones screwed now, with resales, regardless of who
was their mortgagor. No readjustment of principal for
them. What gives?

I see nothing to celebrate here. As far as Buffet,
guess you still can get richer on your stock options
if your "really smart

Guess Obama & Friends must think Martha Stewart was just a dumb chick.

The whole thing nauseates me.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:24 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
I am extremely bored but awake because I have a tremendous cold and cannot sleep well.
4 cups chicken broth
Juice 1 large lemon
2 eggs

Beat eggs with lemon juice. Add to cold chicken broth.
Heat to Serve. Salt & Pepper to taste.
Have 1 heated cup four times a day.

You'll be up and running in a day or two
and you'll sleep like a baby.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
4 cups chicken broth
Juice 1 large lemon
2 eggs

Beat eggs with lemon. Add to cold chicken broth.
Heat to Serve. Salt & Pepper to taste.
Have 1 heated cup four times a day.

You'll be up and running in a day or two
and you'll sleep like a baby.

I've never seen this one and thank you for taking the time to post it.

I clicked on the link by mistake because I was not going to come back to this thread, now I am glad I did.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:29 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,203,753 times
Quote:
He invested in the bank last summer, how is that profiting from inside information on this just announced settlement?

Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
I thought the purpose of the mortgage settlement was to help those who are poor and tricked into buying things they couldnt afford.

Buffet fits neither classification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies