Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 03:54 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,733,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
LOL....that's part of the circle.

I just for the life of me never could understand why ANYONE would pick on a weed smoker...seriously,they are funny as hell just to observe when they are so wasted that they are just a puddle...I wish I had a couple of them for pets just to have around like watching goldfish amuses some folks...if I could afford to feed them that is.

I would want one that is not really that well educated,but thinks he knows all the secrets of the universe so he could amuse me with his thoughts.....I would call him "Ralph"

You been peeking over my fence ???????

Old 02-10-2012, 03:55 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,381,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I knew you had started an attempt by progs to prove that marijuana should be decriminalized. I wonder if telling them that 70% of our marijuana is hauled in by Mexicans or other Middle Americans for the drug cartels. Maybe they don't know about things like that, I don't know.

I really got a kick out of your first replier and your attempts to convince him he was wrong. You did well but not in the mind of a real prog.
Where did you get those numbers?

A growing amount of Marijuana is coming from American growers, from American sources. A large amount is also now coming from Canada. I believe its much more of a 50/50 split at last someone looked at it.

Anyone who actually enjoys it isn't smoking mexican dirt weed.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:01 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,733,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

A growing amount of Marijuana is coming from American growers, from American sources. A large amount is also now coming from Canada. I believe its much more of a 50/50 split at last someone looked at it.
Marijuana has been the largest US crop in terms of revenue for several years.

"The study estimates that marijuana production, at a value of $35.8 billion, exceeds the combined value of corn ($23.3 billion) and wheat ($7.5 billion). "

Marijuana Called Top U.S. Cash Crop - ABC News

Old 02-10-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post

"The study estimates that marijuana production, at a value of $35.8 billion, exceeds the combined value of corn ($23.3 billion) and wheat ($7.5 billion). "

True, growing illegal substances is profitable if you aren't caught.

But I'm looking for more of a idea of the percentage of where the drug comes from these days. As I said, the last I heard its closer to a 50/50 split between a Canadian and United States supply vs Mexican.

As other have said, legalization would end any problem with the Mexican cartels.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:10 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
No one said a free country was safe.....
The Constitution demands the government provide certain things and creating and enforcing common sense laws to keep citizens safe is one of them.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:11 PM

799 posts, read 1,444,986 times
Quote:
One more reason to make it legal. Then US farmers would be the primary source.

U.S. farmers are already the primary source. Anyone that says otherwise is just throwing out false information. Cartels have planted some of their own growers in homes and national parks across the country but they are still being crowded out by American growers. I can't give an exact percentage of domestic production or cartel production because those numbers don't exist but I can guarantee you will have a much easier time finding marijuana that was produced by growers that aren't associated with the cartels than finding marijuana that is produced by growers that are associated with the cartels.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:11 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:

It wouldn't be as valuable if it were legal.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Constitution demands the government provide certain things and creating and enforcing common sense laws to keep citizens safe is one of them.
Really? Where does it say that you will be protected from others 100% of the time?

Where is that clause.

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

No where in there does it say that you will be safe, all the time. Pay particular attention to the part that says "secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity"

Those who would give up essential liberty for a moments safety, deserve neither.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:20 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Really? Where does it say that you will be protected from others 100% of the time?

Where is that clause.

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

No where in there does it say that you will be safe, all the time. Pay particular attention to the part that says "secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity"

Those who would give up essential liberty for a moments safety, deserve neither.
Quit putting your words into my mouth. Where did I say anything about 100%? The government is required to do what they can to ensure the safety of the citizens, or to " insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty" as the founders put it. It doesn't say we will win every war either, it just says the government is required to provide national defence.

It is BS to say a free person should be allowed to drive around hammered out of his mind and put other people's lives in danger. Such action deprives everyone else of their freedoms and liberties. Don't you see that? It is an infringement on other people's liberties.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:20 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Or fall out in the road giggling about it...
That's probably closer to the truth than not.
Quote:
You been peeking over my fence ???????
LOL...not in the last week or so

Several years ago work slowed down and I had been painting bikes as a side line...I went broke and that sideline became a matter of eating so I stayed busy with it...I hated working on those old Shovelheads because they are an art unto themselves,so I got this old burned out biker to work with me and he did all the mechanicals and I did the paint work....I ended up having more fun just watching him and his stoner buddies argue about stuff in a very non confrontational way while stoned and they would discuss crap like the break up of the USSR and be totally clueless,but passionate about what they were saying...funny as hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies