Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 04:59 PM

576 posts, read 586,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Marijuana nearly doubles risk of collisions

With spaceships.
...and couches

Old 02-12-2012, 05:04 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I guess you never read the study this thread is about. Marijuana doubles the risk of a crash.
And the studies I posted debunk this theory. Have you ever smoked cannabis? If not how would you know what it does to you and what you can/can't do on it? I'd not advocating driving while impaired at all but I'll go by the dozens of folks I know that drive on marijuana and haven't been in any accidents while on cannabis. I have a couple of friends that have told me that their few accidents occurred while being sober and none after smoking cannabis which is odd but makes sense as they pay more attention to their surroundings.

I haven't smoked cannabis in ages but partaked back in college. It's quite different than being drunk. The studies I provided back that view of point. Nobody should drive intoxicated but your hyperbole is hard to ignore so I provided some links that state otherwise to your orig posted study. I'll go by those studies and the experiences I've had with friends/acquaintances/co-workers over the years who smoke (the majority having decent jobs, families, only smoke cannabis, and don't push it on non-smokers).

And BTW, I just saw your article has NIDI involved which totally destroys any credibility the study has as they are well known to be majorly biased. At least my sources are from non-biased institutions/studies. It's alarming how folks follow lies while not doing research to see what is all out there on the subject.

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 02-12-2012 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: clarification as I'm tired!

Old 02-12-2012, 05:12 PM

576 posts, read 586,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Exactly...the drunk usually crashes from thinking he is superman and running to fast...the stoner wipes out because he's to lazy to clean his weed properly and a seed pops,burns his forehead and he runs off the road....the main danger for a stoner is AFTER the crash as he is interpretive dancing in the road and gets ran over by the drunk.
What are those?

Old 02-12-2012, 05:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
And the studies I posted debunk this theory. Have you ever smoked cannabis? If not how would you know what it does to you and what you can/can't do on it? I'd not advocating driving while impaired at all but I'll go by the dozens of folks I know that drive on marijuana and haven't been in any accidents while on cannabis. I have a couple of friends that have told me that their few accidents occurred while being sober and none after smoking cannabis which is odd but makes sense as they pay more attention to their surroundings.

I haven't smoked cannabis in ages but partaked back in college. It's quite different than being drunk. The studies I provided back that view of point. Nobody should drive intoxicated but your hyperbole is hard to ignore so I provided some links that state otherwise to your orig posted study. I'll go by those studies and the experiences I've had with friends/acquaintances/co-workers over the years who smoke (the majority having decent jobs, families, only smoke cannabis, and don't push it on non-smokers).

And BTW, I just saw your article has NIDI involved which totally destroys any credibility the study has as they are well known to be majorly biased. At least my sources are from non-biased institutions/studies. It's alarming how folks follow lies while not doing research to see what is all out there on the subject.
The studies you linked are pro-drug opinion pieces. Look at what says about drunk driving for example, and you know it is a fabrication.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:50 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times
Quote:
The studies you linked are pro-drug opinion pieces. Look at what says about drunk driving for example, and you know it is a fabrication.
LOL this should be interesting but please provide evidence that the folks doing the studies I listed are pro-drug opinion pieces? And please don't use who wrote the articles or websites that host the information while ignoring the FOLKS who are actually performing the studies/releasing this information.

Drunk driving is not the same as Driving while being on cannabis.

I love how you throw around "you know" something will "obviously" happen. Would you like to let me know why Portugal's stats on less cannabis usage and less accidents after legalization isn't important? It's going against your claims and the stats are there clearly there to back that there wouldn't be increased cannabis induced accidents. Once again, Your hyperbole fueled rhetoric is a bit disingenuous.

Once again, have you ever smoked cannabis for a period of time? If not how can you sit there and claim to know what it does on your body and act all knowingly what will happen while on the evil weed?

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 02-12-2012 at 06:09 PM..

Old 02-12-2012, 07:25 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,777,355 times
Quote:
Marijuana doubles the risk of a crash.
lol no it doesn't...

Old 02-12-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
LOL this should be interesting but please provide evidence that the folks doing the studies I listed are pro-drug opinion pieces? And please don't use who wrote the articles or websites that host the information while ignoring the FOLKS who are actually performing the studies/releasing this information.

Drunk driving is not the same as Driving while being on cannabis.

I love how you throw around "you know" something will "obviously" happen. Would you like to let me know why Portugal's stats on less cannabis usage and less accidents after legalization isn't important? It's going against your claims and the stats are there clearly there to back that there wouldn't be increased cannabis induced accidents. Once again, Your hyperbole fueled rhetoric is a bit disingenuous.

Once again, have you ever smoked cannabis for a period of time? If not how can you sit there and claim to know what it does on your body and act all knowingly what will happen while on the evil weed?
Portugal is confiscating record amounts of hard drugs. How do you explain that? Drug use there is up, not down. Why has the use of designer drugs skyrocketed in EU? Simple, because they are legal, and people are using them because there is no fear of getting caught breaking the law.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:55 PM

lol now you are making stuff up...

Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
lol now you are making stuff up...
Nope. 34 tonnes of cocaine seized in 2006, which was five years after they changed the law. The use of practically every drug as increased.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:33 PM

23 tones in 2009....seems to have dropped...nice try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies