Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2012, 10:56 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It's pretty clear who in this thread has had experience raising teenagers and who hasn't.

Oh, and I think it was lionking (apologies if I'm remembering that wrong) that said something about the guy getting in trouble for not being at a shooting range. It may come as a surprise, but there are still some places where it's actually legal to discharge a firearm on your own property. It probably depends on the state, but you can also shoot on land managed by the BLM (at least here in Nevada). I go shooting on a dry lake bed, about a mile off of I-15, and it's perfectly legal.
It is legal to fire out of the city limits in most locations. Reckless use of a firearm and endangerment is another matter. That applies everywhere. See also the Police report and response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 11:05 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
I think it was a waste of perfectly good ammunition, but it is his ammunition to waste. I would have made a vid of me running over it. Imagine 80,000 pounds of screaming truck attacking a laptop. As for love, discipline is love... You don't have to say it while you are giving this kind of love.

Last edited by freightshaker; 02-11-2012 at 11:20 PM..

Old 02-11-2012, 11:22 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
It is legal to fire out of the city limits in most locations. Reckless use of a firearm and endangerment is another matter. That applies everywhere.
Are you saying that what the father did was "reckless use of a firearm and endangerment?"

Seriously?

He shot into the ground, in the middle of a large field.

Either you're not as familiar with guns as you've claimed on this forum, or you're just saying whatever you feel you can get away with that will further your agenda. I'm guessing that it's actually a mix of both.

Quote:
See also the Police report and response.
Do you have a source for that? 'Cuz what I found - on the Facebook page of the guy that made the video - is this:

"The police by the way said 'Kudos, Sir' and most of them made their kids watch it. I actually had a 'thank you' from an entire detectives squad. And another police officer is using it in a positive manner in his presentation for the school system. How's about those apples? Didn't expect THAT when you called the cops did you?"

So what was that about a "police report and response?" Do you have some new information that you'd like to share?

Old 02-11-2012, 11:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I think it was a waste of perfectly good ammunition, but it is his ammunition to waste. I would have made a vid of me running over it. Imagine 80,000 pounds of screaming truck attacking a laptop. As for love, discipline is love... You don't have to say it while you are giving this kind of love.
Can you believe that YouTube shows that this thing has been seen by just less than 12 million people? I just saw that there.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Are you saying that what the father did was "reckless use of a firearm and endangerment?"

Seriously?

He shot into the ground, in the middle of a large field.

Either you're not as familiar with guns as you've claimed on this forum, or you're just saying whatever you feel you can get away with that will further your agenda. I'm guessing that it's actually a mix of both.

Do you have a source for that? 'Cuz what I found - on the Facebook page of the guy that made the video - is this:

"The police by the way said 'Kudos, Sir' and most of them made their kids watch it. I actually had a 'thank you' from an entire detectives squad. And another police officer is using it in a positive manner in his presentation for the school system. How's about those apples? Didn't expect THAT when you called the cops did you?"

So what was that about a "police report and response?" Do you have some new information that you'd like to share?
Check your CCW. It may have print right on your State's stating that it can be suspended or revolked for such. If you have a "negligent" discharge and someone calls it in, that could be construed as reckless use. So can brandishing (pulling your gun on someone). You don't think taking the 1911 out because you are so p*ssed off at your daughter that your voice is cracking with your hands shaking is normal behavior, do you? God, I sure hope not. The stuff he said was creepy as hell. He's a nut job. "This one is for this...this one is for that...this one is for what you called your mother...this one is just for fun!" Yikes...Dad's creepy! I sure don't know anyone who would do such a thing. To put it up on the internet too. You don't pull your gun out to scare your kids. Sorry!

Old 02-12-2012, 12:00 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
That was the best thing I have seen in a long time. Bravo, dad.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:08 AM

That would be the same thing as having a fight with your wife. You pick up your gun and storm outside and shoot her tires full of holes. WTF?? Something is not right with this father. I'm telling you what! The next thing, she'll come down with a black eye or something. Yikes!

Old 02-12-2012, 12:14 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
That would be the same thing as having a fight with your wife. You pick up your gun and storm outside and shoot her tires full of holes. WTF?? Something is not right with this father. I'm telling you what! The next thing, she'll come down with a black eye or something. Yikes!
I can see that all the drama isn't on TNT.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I can see that all the drama isn't on TNT.
If your husband shot out your tires because you two had a fight... it's the same damn thing. Not so funny now, is it? He would have been arrested here for that.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:29 AM

521 posts, read 466,965 times
This how parenting should be. Cudos to this amazing man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies