Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 12:32 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I wrote that he'd already talked with the police, and that they didn't have a problem with what he did. You replied with the above. WTF?
All of this stuff about the police and his daughter's reaction is coming from the man himself. I'm not inclined to believe him. If you look at his facebook pages, it's pretty obvious he's doing this to sell his e-book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 12:52 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,683,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
That redneck is in IT? wow scary!
The country caters to all types. TV paints country people as stupid, lazy, impulsive, reckless inebriates, because nobody wants to watch dentists four wheeling on their own property, or teachers growing Christmas trees. There are plenty of stupid people in the country too, but stupid people are not exclusive to country living. It's just a different way of living. Although the country isn't for me, over the years I've found that some of the challenges and self reliant aspects that attract people to rural living, are what also make people good at professions that require a high level of accomplishment and dedication to enter.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:13 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,029 times
He's not exactly teaching his child how to resolve problems, or any form of critical thinking. What a tool, I'm amazed how 'cool' most everyone is with this. Oh no, your teenager thinks you're a POS and has it tough, and she expressed it through means to vent with friends. You then shoot her laptop with a gun, because you don't like what she said. Yeah, real calm, cool, collective and rational.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:14 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Again, doing chores and pulling weight is not the issue. It's the reaction that's the issue.

This whole righteous anger bs is nothing but bluster. He obviously had to spy on the girl's facebook account to get to the note. So, it's not like she was saying this stuff to his face. He wants to spy, that's fine. But his reaction was way off-base.

What the dad did was the definition of making a mountain out of a molehill.
Posting a profanity-laced rant on a social network by a 15 year old is acceptable to you? Damn,......no wonder adolescents have no respect for their elders: their elders have no concept of what is/is not acceptable behavior for teenagers.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:19 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Posting a profanity-laced rant on a social network by a 15 year old is acceptable to you? Damn,......no wonder adolescents have no respect for their elders: their elders have no concept of what is/is not acceptable behavior for teenagers.
Where did I say it was acceptable? It's just not that surprising. And certainly doesn't warrant shooting a laptop (nothing really warrants that). The dad had to go looking for rant. She was stupid to post it on facebook, certainly, but tell me you never complained to your friends about your parents when you were a teenager. And watching the video, it's clear where she gets her mouth from.

The "do as I say, not as I do" parenting model is really ineffective and outmoded. This guy is a self-serving tool.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:55 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Dad is a redneck?

Let's see. He's an IT professional. He has the funds to hire a cleaning lady. He owns some land and a fairly expensive weapon. His daughter had her own computer. Oh, and that wasn't a cowboy hat he was wearing and it goes for about 90 bucks, but what the hey.

He's about as much of a redneck as my cat.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:21 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Dad is a redneck?

Let's see. He's an IT professional. He has the funds to hire a cleaning lady. He owns some land and a fairly expensive weapon. His daughter had her own computer. Oh, and that wasn't a cowboy hat he was wearing and it goes for about 90 bucks, but what the hey.

He's about as much of a redneck as my cat.
Redneck is a mentality, it has zero to do with economic prowess.

DON'T CALL HER A CLEANING LADY!!!!!!!!!11!!1 (didn't you watch the video) Half a day to install $130 of software on his daughters laptop? How many times did he bring that up, what a joke.

I saw a very simple man, pissed that his daughter said something, in private, amongst friends to vent her frustration. His methods of dealing with the situation, are 100% redneckish IMO. Stooped lower then her, IMO, in the resolution. Remember, he's the adult

Old 02-12-2012, 02:37 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Always check, not once, not twice, but three times! That's the best thing you've written in this thread so far! I don't mind showing mine. It's proves I'm not some anti trying to get clever with you guys. I can answer just about any question any of you have. Be safe!
Fine, so you know I am an honest person also, here are 2 of mine, a 6906, and a P345. Just take for granted, there are more, including several gerber MK I's, a Gerber MK II that my daughter just figured out isn't cheap, a pair of Fairbairn-Sykes V3's, and other assorted items.

Also note, trigger locks, (the type that cannot be moved), and the weapons are clean as I clean them weekly and my choice of ammo that I use if needed to protect my home

BTW, chucksnee, a High Point? Really? ick....

What does 45 cal, dad, laptop, 16 year old and facebook have in common?-imag0036.jpg

Last edited by Darkatt; 02-12-2012 at 03:18 PM..

Old 02-12-2012, 03:06 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
He's not exactly teaching his child how to resolve problems, or any form of critical thinking. What a tool, I'm amazed how 'cool' most everyone is with this. Oh no, your teenager thinks you're a POS and has it tough, and she expressed it through means to vent with friends. You then shoot her laptop with a gun, because you don't like what she said. Yeah, real calm, cool, collective and rational.
agree. He is teaching his children how he is not in control, not able to communicate effectively and the next time she wants to vent ~ or discuss anything, the last person she's going to go to is the crazy guy with the gun.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:06 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Where did I say it was acceptable? It's just not that surprising. And certainly doesn't warrant shooting a laptop (nothing really warrants that). The dad had to go looking for rant. She was stupid to post it on facebook, certainly, but tell me you never complained to your friends about your parents when you were a teenager. And watching the video, it's clear where she gets her mouth from.

The "do as I say, not as I do" parenting model is really ineffective and outmoded. This guy is a self-serving tool.
Because you disagree with his tactics,...he is a "tool"?

Complaining about ones parents to a friend is quite different than posting a foul-mouthed rant on a social network for "friends",....and "friends of friends",.....and friends of friends of friends", etc,...etc.,....to see. If you don't see the difference then you are quite dense.

I'm am honored to converse with such a "perfect parent" as yourself. Your rush to judge others is quite refreshing.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies