Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 10:07 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
I'm out of this thread after this reply - because you categorically don't get it.

Getting back your beloved toy as a kid, is completely relevant. You learned a lesson, because you got them back. If you parents did what I described, which parallels what this father did, you would not have the same imprint in your mind / psyche about that 'lesson' you learned.

What he did, is 10x worse then what she did. He is also likely 3-4x her age, and in theory should be more mature. He taught his daughter nothing, other then hate, resentment and force as a means to resolution. Maybe the father needs to look at himself, and ask what he's done, to lead her down this path, and what actions he *might* need to change, to change her.

No apparently you're the one who doesn't get it! I'll say it again! YOU DON'T DISRESPECT, NOR QUESTION YOUR PARENTS AUTHORITY! EVER! She did, and now she has to deal with the consequences! What part of it's his house, his rules don't you get? So in your world, it's OK for her to be disrespectful like that, and acting like she is owed something without having to do chores or follow the rules set by the parents?! And you wonder why young people are the way they are in today's world! Expecting to be rewarded for doing NOTHING?!! Furthermore, having that computer is a privilege, not a right! She revoked that privilege by posting a foul mouthed post about her parents on Facebook! Not to mention the dad spent $130.00 of HIS MONEY to fix the thing the day before! Sorry, she is nothing but an ungreatful brat! She is lucky he didn't haul off and back hand her, because I guarantee you were it me, my step dad AND my father would have thrown me through a wall! It could have been much worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Both of these devices - the gun - and the technology that is face book - have the ability and potential to drain the real life right out of you - the gun does it quick FB - will slowly waste your life - incrimentally...I finally deleted my FB account - cos' the more you live in social media - the less real living you are going to do.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:13 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Both of these devices - the gun - and the technology that is face book - have the ability and potential to drain the real life right out of you - the gun does it quick FB - will slowly waste your life - incrimentally...I finally deleted my FB account - cos' the more you live in social media - the less real living you are going to do.

I can't remember the last time I've been on Facebook.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:35 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times
Quote:
Very Well stated, Now that is philosophy!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:41 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
My son used to scoff at me for not wanting to get on Facebook, and he recently deleted his account, because of the privacy concerns.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:51 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
I got rid of it because I had old so-called friends show up and start insulting me...I thought _ what the heck - Now I know why I stopped hanging out with this person years ago...also - most importantly - Your kids or yourself will slowly create a personal record that is perminent and can act like a crimminal record that is easily accessed in the future...

Say a kid posts something like this " Had a great time last night - really rocked..drank JD - smoked a bit of hash" - well years later the social and political climate may change - You might be traveling and get to a boarder - and low and behold - you are blocked entry into that nation - or worse - because it is documented that you are a drug user... The kids don't get it - FACE BOOK and other social media sights are information centers - and we like fools dump our hearts and minds into them - These people that control such sights or access them - might not be your friends - so - why give them information that can harm you - all is possible....for instance here is another example - Say..You are Muslim or Jewish - and in twenty years - a genocide begins - all the villians have to do is click the list and they know who and where everybody is...Of course digital information can and will be used by the villians...why help them - privacy is power - privacy helps you focus so you get things done -Personally I started to feel harrassed and de-focused - so I pulled the plug - one or two jerks can spread a lot of slander...who needs it.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:56 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
Yeah, because a teen girl acting up on Facebook is a "hostile situation".

*Snap out of it soldier, you're not in Afghanistan/Iraq anymore*

Grown men, who claim to be gun-toting bad-azzes, pretending to be afraid of an unarmed teen girl...

Can this discussion become more absurd?
You are right on the money with that one. The REAL badazzes know what we can do, and frankly, it's scary! Using our training to punish your kid. I'll save that for my enemy as I fire a double tap straight into his heart. If that doesn't work, one to the head. I'll choke the guy out with him trying to get at my back. Not a pretty sight at all. You don't want any of that. Trust US!

Old 02-13-2012, 11:00 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Using a GUN to discipline an unruly and uncooperative teen is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! This amounts to assault with a deadly weapon. This guy should be arrested and charged. There is nothing a child can do which deserves this level of violence. I sympathize with the girl and condemn her fool father.

Among other things actions as absurd as these give the gun grabbers reason for their absurdities. We do not want to give our enemies any more reasons to make guns illegal.
After sifting through the wasteland of misguided advocacy for what this guy did, are you quite sure that those who would put lawful distance between them and guns are your "enemies"?

I'm strongly conservative on most issues, but remain in a state of disbelief of today's right-wing oblivity to the bottom line damage done to our overall quality of life by our state of so many guns in so many dangerous hands. Yep, the daughter is a brat beyond the limits of patience (which, incidentally, I doubt anyone disagrees with) so there's nothing left but to lock and load.

I don't think our founders intended anything remotely resembling our sad state of affairs with gun violence today in the second Amendment.

Since you are a staunch Liberal on most issues and Liberals are known for putting what they think is the "greater good" ahead of individual liberty on many/most issues, I'm especially puzzled by your stance. With most arguments for "the greater good" I vehemently disagree. But with gun control it's a no-brainer. No rational person really believes that life in America is better with so many guns in the hands of any and every Neanderthal mind who wants one.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:00 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
It's to bad that these sayings have been debunked a long time ago
Please point to a reputable source that shows these have been debunked. All these sayings are just common sense. You're modeling behavior for your kids.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:01 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Using a GUN to discipline an unruly and uncooperative teen is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! This amounts to assault with a deadly weapon. This guy should be arrested and charged. There is nothing a child can do which deserves this level of violence. I sympathize with the girl and condemn her fool father.

Among other things actions as absurd as these give the gun grabbers reason for their absurdities. We do not want to give our enemies any more reasons to make guns illegal.
You earned your stripes too Greg!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies