Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 07:51 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Maybe. Maybe not.

[what's he supposed to do - give up?]
Try a different parenting technique??? Whatever he has been doing aint working. I doubt this will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 07:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Try a different parenting technique??? Whatever he has been doing aint working. I doubt this will.
I figure him putting a few bullets in the laptop is applying a different technique.

[only time will tell if it's effective]

Old 02-10-2012, 07:56 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You sure about that?
I don't know about him, but I got mine beat a lot. My old man never pulled out one of his handguns in a fit of rage to do something like that. That makes me wonder what else Dad will do or has done with that 1911. I did hear him say "your step mom". Ok, so he's now admitted to being divorced from her mother. Was he abusive with her too? I am beginning to wonder. For the record, I shot 300 rounds out of one of my 1911s last night. I KNOW when it's empty. The slide locks back. Picking up a gun when I'm p*ssed off is the last thing I'm doing. Dad should take note.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I agree with the discipline...little unnerving that he "set the example" with a gun, but I guess that's just me. I also probably wouldn't have bothered to publicize it to the whole world.
Christ, after watching the video i think you might have wanted to kick the shiite out of her, keep the laptop, and save the rounds for her soon-to-be boyfriend named Lee, Josh, Jared, Cletus or some other such name.

P. S. I'll give you $15 for the I-Pod, $25 for her phone, $50 for the I-Pad...she won't need those either...

I'll pass on the laptop...

Old 02-10-2012, 08:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
...............I hope the girl doesn't have to sell herself to get the money for another computer, but if she does he should just shoot her.
Encouraging Sharia style honor killings now? Just bizzare!

Old 02-10-2012, 08:09 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Christ, after watching the video i think you might have wanted to kick the shiite out of her, keep the laptop, and save the rounds for her soon-to-be boyfriend named Lee, Josh, Jared, Cletus or some other such name.

P. S. I'll give you $15 for the I-Pod, $25 for her phone, $50 for the I-Pad...she won't need those either...

I'll pass on the laptop...
That's what I would have done to buy more ammo. It looks like Dad has missed a few trips to the range since the turn of the Century. When is the last time you fired that 1911 Dad? 198??????

Old 02-10-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Encouraging Sharia style honor killings now? Just bizzare!
For once we agree

Old 02-10-2012, 08:39 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I never respected a man more than my dad. He showed his love for me all the time but he also told me that if I got spanked (they still did that) in school he was going to do the same for me at home. He always asked me my side of the story after making my butt hurt so much that I swore, never again. It happened 3 times when I was in 5th grade and I finally became a believer. The last time I got into serious trouble at school was when I talked back to a teacher when I was a senior. I had plenty of reason and my dad agreed with me when I told him how it happened. He told me that since I was a senior he would only beat the hell out of me if I ever got slapped by that man and didn't beat the hell out of him. I was confused but I knew he would carry out his threat from the earlier times. Luckily nobody threw my books in the hall ever again. I slammed that kid against the wall so hard that he just wilted and fell to the floor looking for mercy. My dad knew how much care I took of books and just couldn't side with the teacher.

I don't think that any butt beating I got as a child made me into what those people are talking about now, either. This girl deserved something and all that grounding is not punishment as far as I am concerned. When you ground a kid and let them go to school all day it seems pretty sad to me.

I hope the girl doesn't have to sell herself to get the money for another computer, but if she does he should just shoot her.[/QUOTE]

Really? Sounds as if you are supporting Sharia Law.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 02-10-2012 at 08:53 PM..

Old 02-10-2012, 08:59 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
He has been visited by the local police and now dcf is speaking to his daughter over this. Which in my opinion is just ridiculous. Over shooting a lap top, He didnt threaten her, he didnt do anything but shot some property he bought since when does that justify having to deal with police and dcf

From the sounds of things she is actually learning from this.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He has been visited by the local police and now dcf is speaking to his daughter over this. Which in my opinion is just ridiculous. Over shooting a lap top, He didnt threaten her, he didnt do anything but shot some property he bought since when does that justify having to deal with police and dcf

From the sounds of things she is actually learning from this.
She's learning her father is a crazy SOB, if she didn't already know it.

I wouldn't blame her if she high tailed it out of there when she turns 18 and never looks back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies