Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 04:38 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Very nice. My daughter's are grown, and still say yes sir/no sir, yes ma'am, no ma'am. No drugs, employed, good members of society.

And?
Because your brother, sam is talking about how I should raise my son, if you would stop and learn/read....you might have figured that out.

Are you sticking up for him, or attempting to help him try to intimidate me? Pretty sad actually....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
rotflmao..

Like shooting fish in a barrel. It's time for Chuck 2 c the error of his ways.

res ipsa loquitur
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And you have put forth what....
Still waiting, or are you just another one of those badazz gun guys that knows everything and only puts down people?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:09 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
haha.
Dad can't act like an adult, and wonders why his 16 year old acts like a teen.... hmm.
Good point

Old 02-15-2012, 06:03 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Because your brother, sam is talking about how I should raise my son, if you would stop and learn/read....you might have figured that out.

Are you sticking up for him, or attempting to help him try to intimidate me? Pretty sad actually....
1. Sam may be a Brother in Arms, but is not my brother.

2. I don't remember reading Sam instructing you how to raise anyone.

3. I think what you think you gleaned from his post, isn't what he posted, maybe you should stop and re-read, and then figure it out.

4. Not really sticking up for anyone, in fact he and I disagree on the father's action, the whole reason for this thread.

5. How in the world do you even come to a conclusion that I was attempting to intimidate you. I don't try to intimidate anyone, intimidation is stupid and reckless.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
1. Sam may be a Brother in Arms, but is not my brother.
Nope, he is your brother..

Quote:
2. I don't remember reading Sam instructing you how to raise anyone.
That's obvious, but go back and re-read....again...

Quote:
3. I think what you think you gleaned from his post, isn't what he posted, maybe you should stop and re-read, and then figure it out.
No, just like I told your brother, what you think I should think, is not my problem, only yours....

Quote:
4. Not really sticking up for anyone, in fact he and I disagree on the father's action, the whole reason for this thread.
Sure you are, then why are you and your brother, only attacking what I have said.....maybe you forgot your, just one of your posts....10-67? Maybe that will ring a bell....

Quote:
5. How in the world do you even come to a conclusion that I was attempting to intimidate you. I don't try to intimidate anyone, intimidation is stupid and reckless.
Yes, intimidation is stupid and you and your brother have proved that....good job...

Again, any type of badazz...gun guys like you and your brother only make people who really appreciate their guns, make us look like ****....

Anyone who would agree with a person that call themselves a badazz gun guy (your brother) and then talk crap throughout, must be badazz.....

Old 02-15-2012, 09:29 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:

No, just like I told your brother, what you think I should think, is not my problem, only yours....

Sure you are, then why are you and your brother, only attacking what I have said.....maybe you forgot your, just one of your posts....10-67? Maybe that will ring a bell....

Yes, intimidation is stupid and you and your brother have proved that....good job...

Again, any type of badazz...gun guys like you and your brother only make people who really appreciate their guns, make us look like ****....

Anyone who would agree with a person that call themselves a badazz gun guy (your brother) and then talk crap throughout, must be badazz.....
All I can think of saying, while shaking my head is either you are off your meds, or your tin foil hat is too tight.

Do you have any IDEA, what a 10-67 is? In MOST districts, it's a person calling for help, a 10-66, which is what Sam stated, is a suspicious person.

I wasn't attacking something you said, I was making a joke about his post and thoughts.

As for brother in arms, yes, he and I are both veterans.

What is a "veteran?" One would think that would be an easy question to answer. In the millions of laws passed over two centuries by Congress, you would think that at least one of them would define the term "military veteran."

Most dictionaries define "veteran" as (1) A person who has served in the armed forces, or (2) An old soldier who has seen long service.
Using the dictionary definition, one would be a military veteran with just one day of military service, even with a dishonorable discharge.
I like the following definition, which was once penned by an unknown author:

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."
In my case, it meant suffering a permanent disabling injury.

That also means we were willing to lay down our lives to protect you. Whether we agree or disagree with you had no bearing on that fact, and in fact still doesn't.

It's too bad that there are people who cannot understand that, just because you disagree with someone.

Maybe you should try re-reading the posts, without thinking there is some kind of malice inferred.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:50 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,277 times
Quote:
All I can think of saying, while shaking my head is either you are off your meds, or your tin foil hat is too tight.

Do you have any IDEA, what a 10-67 is? In MOST districts, it's a person calling for help, a 10-66, which is what Sam stated, is a suspicious person.

I wasn't attacking something you said, I was making a joke about his post and thoughts.

As for brother in arms, yes, he and I are both veterans.

What is a "veteran?" One would think that would be an easy question to answer. In the millions of laws passed over two centuries by Congress, you would think that at least one of them would define the term "military veteran."

Most dictionaries define "veteran" as (1) A person who has served in the armed forces, or (2) An old soldier who has seen long service.
Using the dictionary definition, one would be a military veteran with just one day of military service, even with a dishonorable discharge.
I like the following definition, which was once penned by an unknown author:

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."
In my case, it meant suffering a permanent disabling injury.

That also means we were willing to lay down our lives to protect you. Whether we agree or disagree with you had no bearing on that fact, and in fact still doesn't.

It's too bad that there are people who cannot understand that, just because you disagree with someone.

Maybe you should try re-reading the posts, without thinking there is some kind of malice inferred.
No one in this thread has said anything out of line. You certainly haven't either. In fact, I thought some of the chatter was funny! LOL I like talking about this stuff, and I'm sure many of you other guys do too, yourself included. What I do find funny is some self proclaimed "badazzes" can't take a little rough housing. This is nothing new for any of us. We've all seen our fair share of FUBAR situations. I'm sitting here wearing scares for mine too. No worries, it toughened me up and reminded me that your life can be taken from you if you mess up. This isn't my first day around firearms as you can tell. I can honestly say, I've never seen a parent do such a thing. That proves to me something like this is clearly unique and out of the norm. I've never seen it before and don't care too again. It makes me look bad. We've already seen the rants in here from the left wingers. When someone does something like this, they all take note. I don't like being punished for what someone else did. Especially when I knew more than the Dad when I was only five years old. That's not saying much for the Dad. Firearms aren't toys. In untrained OR trained hands, they can and do kill. As long as the right people get shot, what's the problem?

Last edited by SamTM; 02-16-2012 at 12:14 AM..

Old 02-16-2012, 12:03 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,277 times
Quote:

It's a crying shame Chuck. How old was Dad? 45-50??? This little tike has more balls and is safer!

4 year old Evan shoots AR-15 - YouTube

Old 02-16-2012, 12:06 AM

779 posts, read 537,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Starting off with an insult... Hmm...

Yup. Difference is, I know that my opinion is just that, and it's limited to this one action. I don't claim to know what the daughter thought about it, or what their family is like in general, or what she's going to think of him twenty years from now. THAT is the difference between me and those who think they know how to parent a complete stranger's child better than that child's father.

Admit it - you wouldn't have a problem with this if he hadn't used a gun. Your beef is CLEARLY not with the destruction of a used laptop that's probably not even worth two bills, but with the gun. Specifically, it's your irrational fear of an inanimate object that is driving your opinion.

How so?

How was she berated?

It's more likely that she learned her disrespectful behavior in the public school system. The father appears to be a very thoughtful and respectful man.

Wow. "Violent fantasies?" Dude, get a grip on reality. You're either "way" out there, or you're deliberately misrepresenting what happened.

Hurt? LOL. I'm amused - very amused - at the things people are saying in this thread. And you're one of my favorites. Keep up the good work!
You don't sound amused to me. You sound like you're an angry person who is hiding their anger and frustration behind a nearly translucent veneer of "being amused". Yes, you seem genuinely hurt that people disagree with you. That's my opinion and there's nothing you can do about that.

I must admit though, that *I'm* amused when people employ puerile, psuedo-intellectual "logic", rife with straw-men and all other manner of logical fallacy, in a pathetic attempt to convince themselves that they have "won" the debate. It reminds of some of the tactics that my kids tried to use, before they matured a bit and figured out that one cannot create "reality" by wishing really hard that it was so.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:07 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
No one in this thread has said anything out of line. You certainly haven't either. In fact, I thought some of the chatter was funny! LOL I like talking about this stuff, and I'm sure many of you other guys do too, yourself included. What I do find funny is some self proclaimed "badazzes" can't take a little rough housing. This is nothing new for any of us. We've all seen our fair share of FUBAR situations. I'm sitting here wearing scares for mine too. No worries, it toughened me up and reminded me that your life can be taken from you if you mess up. This isn't my first day around firearms as you can tell. I can honestly say, I've never seen a parent do such a thing. That proves to me something like this is clearly unique and out of the norm. I've never seen it before and don't care too again. It makes me look bad. We've already seen the rants in here from the left wingers. When someone does something like this, they all take note. I don't like being punished for what someone else did. Especially when I knew more than the Dad when I was only five years old. That's not saying much for the Dad. Firearms aren't toys. In untrained OR trained hands, they can and do kill. As long as the right people get shot, what's the problem?
Lol!

This line cracks me up, so I just have to ask....can you list the noteworthy "left-wingers" in the thread for us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies