Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:14 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,170,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
God help us all....and I'm not even a religious man.
Myth debunked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
Not in Texas! Or here in OK.
Known as improper or reckless use of a firearm. Your license to carry should have something stating as such on it. If a woman can get into trouble for pulling her drapes open and showing her shotgun to her a-hole neighbor that keep bugging her...Dad took it even further!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ohhhh, don't get him going....he knowzzz all, cause he is a badazzzzz...just ask him and he will tell ya....
As long as you know that already Chuck! I KNOW you do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
MAYBE, you haven't read our posts then. He and I disagree on the man's action that started the thread. We are able to disagree without being nasty to each other.

I wasn't nasty without you either.

BTW, it wasn't sarcasm it was humor. Sam understood that, and the joke being made, and even replied based on that understanding.

At what point did I ever purport to be a badazz? Is there a comprehension problem here? Not a once did I ever declare myself either violent or a badazz.

And I did not see him TELLING you how to raise your son, so there isn;t a question to answer, other than the one I gave you, and that would be to try to read his post without trying to infer malice from it.

YOU are the one who seems to be defensive, name calling, etc. I simply called you out on it, by asking about meds and tinfoil hats. If you read your post and mine, you will see no anger in mine, but yours is definitely angry.

Thank you for your service.
Chuck always tries to infer malice on his old bud Sam! It's ok everyone! I'm used to it! Oorah Chuck!! Have another good day Chuck!

"Leap" - New Marine Corps Commercial - YouTube

Old 02-17-2012, 09:16 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,216,945 times
I always thought parents were supposed to be more mature then their kids and take the higher groud. By posting this video on youtube in hopes of shaming his child he stooped down to her level.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I always thought parents were supposed to be more mature then their kids and take the higher groud. By posting this video on youtube in hopes of shaming his child he stooped down to her level.
His intent was more than shaming her. That changed the second that first .45 ACP was fired. A shooter is responsiable for every bullet once it leaves the barrel. That applies even in a negligent discharge. It's not an accident in the world of firearms. Your carelessness and stupidity caused it to discharge. That father knew exactly what he was doing the whole time. It wasn't a slamfire or malfunction. He pulled that trigger for punishment. Doing so broke every rule of firearm training and safety in the book. Some questionable laws were being broken at the time too. Shame comes in many ways shapes and form. I'll continue to shame limp d***s that don't pack the gear or brains to use firearms safely. It wasn't too many years ago to remember for me. I still use one everyday!

Old 02-17-2012, 10:23 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
People are still whining about this? Oh please......

Old 02-17-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
People are still whining about this? Oh please......
And people are still whning about the whining? Oh please indeed.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
And people are still whning about the whining? Oh please indeed.
I am against the anti-gun crowd rants in this thread. I'm also against the folks who think this was a great way to punish your kid. I'm right in the middle, right where I SHOULD be! I'm also 100% positive I could make Dad wet his boxers! That's a papapapapa...PROMISE!!

Old 02-17-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
I am against the anti-gun crowd rants in this thread. I'm also against the folks who think was a great way to punish your kid. I'm right in the middle, right where I SHOULD be! I'm also 100% positive I could make Dad wet his boxers! That's a papapapapa...PROMISE!!
Responding to your kids facebook posts with a youtube video publicly chastising her is immature and lowering yourself down to their level. Gun or no gun.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Responding to your kids facebook posts with a youtube video publicly chastising her is immature and lowering yourself down to their level. Gun or no gun.
Stuff like that happens everyday. The same can be said about solving a problem with your kids in a public place. Yes...the 1911 made the difference. Letting your kid, or anyone else get away with stopping on you is a sure sign of weakness. The coward always takes the higher ground. YMMV

Don't Step On The Grass, Sam by Gov't Mule Lyrics - YouTube

Old 02-17-2012, 11:21 AM

By golly, Sam just hit the whole problem with the head of the hammer . Had the Dad stood his ground from the start, it never would have came to this. You don't solve problems by running away from them. This was a train wreck waiting to happen. Sometimes you win...sometimes you loose. Without putting forth the effort, one can't say that they tried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies