Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 06:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

It appears that good old Jay Carney doesn't think that the Head Constitution Trampler, Prince Barack, doesn't really think that the Congress should pass a budget bill as required by the Constitution. Watch the Liar in Chief, Carney, reply to Jake Tapper about this. Of course, Harry Reid and the Prince don't think that the Constitutional requirement is necessary. Wow do those people play a mean game of avoid the Constitution.

I forgot to say that the House has sent two budget bills to the Senate only to have it lay on the table with the rest of their proposed bills. At least they do their duty according to the Constitution.

cnsnews.com/news/article/carney-white-house-has-no-opinion-whether-senate-should-pass-budget
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 06:59 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It appears that good old Jay Carney doesn't think that the Head Constitution Trampler, Prince Barack, doesn't really think that the Congress should pass a budget bill as required by the Constitution. Watch the Liar in Chief, Carney, reply to Jake Tapper about this. Of course, Harry Reid and the Prince don't think that the Constitutional requirement is necessary. Wow do those people play a mean game of avoid the Constitution.

I forgot to say that the House has sent two budget bills to the Senate only to have it lay on the table with the rest of their proposed bills. At least they do their duty according to the Constitution.

cnsnews.com/news/article/carney-white-house-has-no-opinion-whether-senate-should-pass-budget
There will be a budget, next year, after the election.

Republicans who pass continuing budget resolutions are just as responsible for this stupidity as the Democrats. And yes, I know the house passed a budget, but when they then pass a continuing resolution, it only encourages stupidity.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
There will be a budget, next year, after the election.

Republicans who pass continuing budget resolutions are just as responsible for this stupidity as the Democrats. And yes, I know the house passed a budget, but when they then pass a continuing resolution, it only encourages stupidity.
Do you know that Dirty Harry replied to a question about a budget with the fact that he thinks we are getting along famously without a written budget. He thinks that just passing resolutions to fit what the Executive branch spends is the way to go. That is a violation of the Constitution where you find the words about an annual budget originated in the House of Representatives and approved by the Senate and then signed by the President.

Here we have a Liar in Chief saying that the President will present the budget he wants as he has done the past few years. It is fine to have him do this but the House either accepts his or they write anything they want.

Read in the Constitution Article I, Section 7, Clause 1 and tell me what it says, in case some of these people can't read or don't know where that part is found.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Do you know that Dirty Harry replied to a question about a budget with the fact that he thinks we are getting along famously without a written budget. He thinks that just passing resolutions to fit what the Executive branch spends is the way to go. That is a violation of the Constitution where you find the words about an annual budget originated in the House of Representatives and approved by the Senate and then signed by the President.

Here we have a Liar in Chief saying that the President will present the budget he wants as he has done the past few years. It is fine to have him do this but the House either accepts his or they write anything they want.

Read in the Constitution Article I, Section 7, Clause 1 and tell me what it says, in case some of these people can't read or don't know where that part is found.
I agree, but what have Republicans done to stop them? Congress has the power of the purse, without continuing resolutions, there would be a budget.

So, both parties are just as much to blame. Fake outrage on not passing the budget, then passing continuing resolutions is hypocritical.

I want a federal budget, and hopefully a several year plan at balancing the budget.

In reality, Republicans know it would be silly to cut the budget for a couple of years. Like any addiction, it takes time to get off of the hard drugs.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I agree, but what have Republicans done to stop them? Congress has the power of the purse, without continuing resolutions, there would be a budget.

So, both parties are just as much to blame. Fake outrage on not passing the budget, then passing continuing resolutions is hypocritical.

I want a federal budget, and hopefully a several year plan at balancing the budget.

In reality, Republicans know it would be silly to cut the budget for a couple of years. Like any addiction, it takes time to get off of the hard drugs.
Well, I got the placement of the Constitutional words about budgets posted so some of the left leaners could read it, maybe.

The House has sent a budget to the Senate every year and it gets placed on the table with all the others they come up with.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:02 PM

994 posts, read 724,734 times
Quote:

You're saying that because of continuing resolutions, the Republicans who never fail to produce a budget are equally to blame as the the Democrats who will not even put a Republican budget up for vote and won't propose one of their own even when they controlled the Senate, the House, and the Presidency for 2 years?

You can't blame the Democrats for their budget shenanigans because the Republicans don't shut the government down in order to stop them from doing it? What kind of logic is that?

If someone robs a bank can he stand up in court and say it's the police's fault he did it because they didn't stop him from doing it?

Old 02-10-2012, 10:13 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Quote:

the democrats dont want a budget they say it just get in the way of spending. democrats are not about a budget until they loose the majority in the sanate then they will be screams their heads off for a budget.mean while they continue to screw the American people!!

Old 02-11-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Well, I got the placement of the Constitutional words about budgets posted so some of the left leaners could read it, maybe.

The House has sent a budget to the Senate every year and it gets placed on the table with all the others they come up with.
Yes, true.

BUT.....

If the President and Senate disagree to look at it

1. It wasn't a real budget, it was an attempt at a partisan campaign talking point

and

2. It doesn't matter if it was a good budget, if you are going to cave in, and pass another continuing budget resolution, then you encourage bad behavior by the Senate and the Executive branch.

House Republicans are just as much to blame for not passing a budget for two years as the White House and the Senate, because they allow it to happen.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
You're saying that because of continuing resolutions, the Republicans who never fail to produce a budget are equally to blame as the the Democrats who will not even put a Republican budget up for vote and won't propose one of their own even when they controlled the Senate, the House, and the Presidency for 2 years?

You can't blame the Democrats for their budget shenanigans because the Republicans don't shut the government down in order to stop them from doing it? What kind of logic is that?

If someone robs a bank can he stand up in court and say it's the police's fault he did it because they didn't stop him from doing it?
Yes, the House can force the government to shut down, or pass a budget.

If they are in the right, the American people (in their infinite wisdom) will side with them.

That is the way our system of government, and checks and balances are set up.

Caving on continuing resolutions only encourages bad behavior.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:38 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Default Does Obama think the Senate should finally pass a budget bill

Quote:

Looks like you've answered your own question.

Let it add fuel to your anti-Obama fire to keep you warm on those cold prairie nights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies