Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 01:04 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
To what? I have to scratch my head every time I heard statements like those? Why do you want to bring this country back to slavery and Jim Crow? Do you realize that this country was founded on principles that only benefited the elite? Women weren't allowed to vote. Blacks weren't considered humans.
Pretty much so, yes.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:20 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, backed up by a union!

Please give an example.

Not out of his pocket.

A lot did die, due to lack of workplace safety laws.

What are you smoking? Everyone has always complained about their boss.
Not always a Union. They did it on their own out of pride and how they were treated. Who do you think made all the M1 Garands that won the war? WWII that is. Some of which were women. They did their best to provide the best guns to our troops. Those are still sought after today and collected. That's one hell of a rifle and the quality is OVER THE TOP. Still shooting bullseyes out on the range 70 years later. Fast foward to Eugene Stoner and Armalite in the development of the AR-10/M-16/AR-15 rifles. That's STILL standard issue today. It's pretty damn GOOD!

The Blairs: Armalite Rifle - YouTube

Old 02-11-2012, 03:36 PM

The same can be said today with Wilson Combat. It's better than good...you get a 1" @ 25 YARD guarantee and a 110% customer satisfaction. All those pistolsmiths that build them sign their names on the build sheet and quality check sheet. Nearly 100 rounds of all types are fired through one before it ever leaves to make sure it's PERFECT. You also get a test target with it to PROVE how it does. That's "old school" America at it's finest right there! Oorah!!

Wilson Combat Commercial - Larry Vickers & Ken Hackathorn - YouTube

Old 02-11-2012, 03:42 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,924 times
No Nation has ever improved by going back.

People for the most part only learn the hard lessons through pain.

America the great has fallen, and it won't get up, until Americans feel more pain, and suffer great loss.

The pain has started, the woes will increase. WWIII is at our doors.

We'll see if it survives.

Have a great weekend.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:13 PM

^ You don't need to fall down. You just need someone more motivated to push you! Someone to pull you back up. Someone that if you can't do it, will drag you screaming and kicking. You will do it!! Failure is NOT an option!

ZZ Top - Just Got Paid - YouTube

The Fabulous Thunderbirds - Tuff Enough - YouTube

Old 02-11-2012, 04:22 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,025 times
The "good ol' days" were never so good for all the bad times.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:30 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
If you have to ask, you will never know. Most of the best stuff in the world was made or designed by us at one time. A time where if you weren't the college type, or didn't have the money to go, you could still get a job that paid well. If a tycoon got out of line, he found a group of men waiting for him outside to "adjust" his attitude. He valued their hard work and efforts just as much as his own. Forget the cruise with 2k bottles of wine and lobster by the moonlight. He hosted a company picnic that had steaks, burgers and BBQ ribs for his employees. In turn, the employees would be driven to perform for him and may even die trying. He wasn't whispered about in the bathroom as the ****. His products were some of the finest things ever crafted and still praised items today. That's just for starters.

Rick Derringer - I Am a Real American - YouTube
If you say this, then it seems that your primary beef should be with what the corporate business elite has done to America.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:35 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
To what? I have to scratch my head every time I heard statements like those? Why do you want to bring this country back to slavery and Jim Crow? Do you realize that this country was founded on principles that only benefited the elite? Women weren't allowed to vote. Blacks weren't considered humans.
I don't want to bring the country back to Jim Crow and Slavery. It won't go back to that.

When I say that we should follow how the constitution was written, I mean that we should use the amendment process to end these things. Amendments are cut and dry. If you follow a constructional view of the constitution, there is no interpretation.

When we open it to interpretation, it allows for abuse, regardless of which party is in office.

So we should follow the letter of the law, to the letter. The constitution isn't set in stone, there are procedures to change and amend it. We should use them.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
If you say this, then it seems that your primary beef should be with what the corporate business elite has done to America.
Well, paying TEMP employees $8.00 per hour with no benifits that they used to pay REAL EMPLOYEES $12-$15 to back in the 90's doesn't help. You're still eating your lobster and own a yacht and four houses NOW, you SOB!!! Don't you feel sorry for them? Poor-poor executives who need a prostate exam! Here, try this 11 1/2D up yo a**! LMAO

Old 02-11-2012, 06:05 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Why do people always think when the statement is thrown around that people want to bring it back to owning black people??

It's very ignorant and very vain....

Maybe they want to bring it back to when it was inhabited by strictly natives???

Stop using "back" as a bullet to talk about how scared you are....

Many people want it to go back to when there were JOBS...when there was sound monetary policy....when family values were a premium...

You know....stuff like that.

EDIT: Oh, I'd wager many people want government out of their lives as well.....that's really a guess
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies